8x04 - In Plane Sight ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 10, 2009.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That makes me happy as well:)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I really hope they keep Tom as the coroner. He's great. I saw the actor on Mentalist last week.

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh yeah!!! "kinda interrogating . . .ah...ehm the victim's wife" :lol:. I wanna see him during his scenes with Andrea Parker :guffaw:

Tom? Oh yeah the new ME....I just adore him!!!! He's soooooooo cute :adore:

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Not a bad episode. This was definately a storyline I've seen often in the news, a man conning many out of their life savings. I could understand why there were many who were looked upon as suspects.

Ryan and Jesse rock, paper, scissors :lol: Cute, I like them together. Poor Walter got stuck doing the dirty work.

Curious about Jesse now and why he returned to Miami. What he did for that guy was so sweet!

I liked the scene with Walter, Jesse and Ryan hanging out after work. It's nice that the show is showing more of that.

No Natalia, where was she??

Yay, Alexx is back next week!!

5. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

Ugh, no Natalia? I havent even seen the episode and now I'm not looking forward to it! :( Oh well thanks! So happy to see Alexx will be back!!!! :) Yay!

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

Loved episode, the case wasn't too predictable with who did it, and I was glad the one guy didn't end up doing it. That was really nice of Jesse to help that guy out. Also loved how they figured out the money was on the plan, cause I kept thinking that the word Noise was going to be a password or something never saw the plane thing coming.

Okay so some memorable scenes. I laughed at the rock, paper, scissors between Ryan and Jesse :lol: I just love the scenes between those two. Also very funny how Jesse just ended up giving it to Walter :). Like Walter so far and of course the ME is still very amusing to watch. Also I hope they keep doing those kind of endings to episodes with some of them hanging out after work, cause I love that stuff. :thumbsup:

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I have to admit I thought Ryan would find the money under the tiles, I'm glad that didn't happen too predictable. Jesse is really sweet and I'm glad that him and Ryan are getting along so well. I'll admit I didn't like when I read that Walter was being added to the show, but after seeing him in a couple episodes, I like him!

Even though it wasn't a hangout with the entire team like it was last time, it was nice to see Ryan, Jesse and Walter together. They were joking and having fun.

8. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Finally managed to watch a whole episode this season! (And no I didn't miss parts of the others by choice :rolleyes:). I'm enjoying this season so far, and IMO, there definitely seems to be a much better camaraderie between the team than there has been in the last couple of years. It particularly seemed to come across in this episode. Loved the rock, paper, scissors bit. :lol:

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

My one and only gripe (besides wardrobe which I'll get into in a bit): Where the heck was Natalia? It felt like the writers just simply forgot about her. If she couldn't be there, at least they could have given some kind of explanation!

Frank: Ew, that's not pretty.

:lol: Ryan and Jesse playing rock, paper, scissors. Cute. Reminds me of Warrick and Nick and how they used to decide who got the "dirty job". :lol: Also, Jesse poking fun at Ryan's sweater vest is kind of like Warrick poking fun at Nick's mustache. :lol: Too cute. :)

Loved Ryan's response to Jesse saying he wanted to RPS for it.
    Jesse: Are you scared?
    Ryan: No, I'm just not eight years old. :lol:

Ryan: Oh, snap! :guffaw: Ryan, please don't ever say that again! :lol:

Ryan, I love you, baby, but please lose the sweater vests! Well, at least this one wasn't lime green! :lol: The only people I know IRL who wear sweater vests are ministers and kids in private schools. :lol: I prefer Ryan in suits to sweater vests. :lol:

By the way, what on earth were they playing RPS for exactly? :lol:

Aw! A doggie! Looks like an English Springer Spaniel maybe?

Aren't authorities notified if a suspect removes an ankle bracelet?

Jesse: I have a pilots license.
    Cal: Of course you do. :lol: Cal, I think a lot of the audience is probably going to be thinking the same thing. :lol:

I was hoping Cythnia Wells' scene would be with Jesse (rather than Horatio). :( Oh well, maybe next time.

I didn't realize until her second scene that the vic's wife was Andrea Parker. :lol: She looks so different.

Cal: This is my first case of death by wench. :lol:

Jesse came back because of a girl, but only kind of and not in the romantic way? Mother? Daughter? Sister? What? I want to know! :lol:

Aww... Jesse did such a nice thing for Carlos and his family.

Haha I love the trio of Jesse, Ryan and Walter. :)

I was hoping H would clear the widow's name and that there would be a news report that it was all the guy's doing and she had nothing to do with it. :(

I really liked the case and the episode as a whole, but I hated that Natalia wasn't there or even mentioned. :wtf: I'm going to give it a B-.

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

I missed Natalia in this episode. Hope she is back next week and they tone down Jessis and Walter (recurring, yeah right).

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

Sorry guys this post is messed up. I hope I didn't step on any toes and will try to fix the problem in the future. I am not as savvay as some others are.

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

ohhh I love this episode!

Jesse and Ryan were hilarious with the whole Rock-Paper-Scissor thing, and poor Walter having to do the dirty (literally) work! LOL!:lol:

Ok, I can't help it, but Jesse is just way too adorable! Sweet, charming, such a kind-soul always helping the ones who need it, and not to mention great with dogs! Men and puppies....come on now, you know that's just cute!

I had a hard time of tracking other characters because of Jesse's all encompassing cuteness! But I did notice the disappearance of Natalie....hmmmm....perhaps she was swallowed up by the bright sunlight of Miami?:cardie:

Ryan is funny! LOL! Although that sweater vest isn't doing him any good....lol! And poor Frank, he's seems to get even more talkative and sarcastic as he gets more cranky! Hehe! :lol:

The team worked so well in this episode, and I think Jesse will be just fine here in Miami, he's fitting in perfectly! I'd say that Jesse's integration into the team is probably one of the best newbie intros done in TV history! This is how new characters should be introduced! BRAVO Miami!

Oh did anyone notice that Horatio still calls Ryan "Mr. Wolfe"? I would have thought that nearly 5 years working together, he would have gone to first name basis? Or is the whole "Mr. Wolfe" thing just a force of habit by now? I mean, Horatio doesn't call anyone else on this team by their last names, not Calleigh, not Eric, not Frank, and not even Natalie who came in after Ryan.....and not to mention Jesse too, although I guess in Jesse's case Horatio's known him for more than a decade, even more than the rest of the team....but still, it just seems weird that Horatio still calls Ryan "Mr. Wolfe", maybe now it's just a nickname? Like how they call Tim Speedle "Speed"?:confused:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  13. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

The 'Mr.Wolfe'-thing reminds me of my time as a kid, when I was in the adventures of Captain Horatio Hornblower, C.S.Forester's literary reverence to Lord Nelson. It was (ans still is) a thing in the British Navy (don't know for the US Navy) to call the younger officers Mr.x, Mr.Z or Mr.Y and not Lieutenant X, Midshipman Z or Y. Somehow, with Horatio's first name (even if not a reverence to Captain Hornblower) this Mr.Wolfe-thing make me think of all these sea-faring adventures of the XIX.century

14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

ohhhh LOVE the Hornblower series, both the books and the TV version!

As for the Mr. thing, I do not believe the US Navy does that, rank is still before the name. Still, even if this was some junior officer thing, then I would have guess that Natalie would be the same, but Horatio still calls her by her first name not last like he does with Ryan.....I'm still puzzled as to why?

Oh and I totally forgot that Ryan's left handed! Cool!:cool:

And apparently Walter has a nickname too! Tom the new ME called him "Nightshift"!!! LOL! So now we've got DieHard and his wingman Nightshift! Hehe!

15. Jess713

Jess713 Victim

tonights ep was pretty cool. the whole part with Jesse and Ryan was too funny:lol: im starting to look forward to more scenes with them two, so far they make me laugh,which is such a plus cause im kinda used to it being much to serious on the show. im super curious about why Jesse came out there, he said it was for a girl,but not in THAT way(or something like that) i have lots of thoughts lingering in my head but i think ill keep them there. i guess as always we have to wait:)scream:) till the season moves on and they develop Jesse's character. but as for the overall ep, not bad.next week should be one to remember.