Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Agreed. Though I don't necessarily look at Omar/Walter as a specific replacement for any one character, meaning he won't take a lead role if it's EP who leaves, I think it's just more like an opening he'll fill if one leaves & the others are moved up leaving Walter to be the low man on the totem pole.

As far as it being male dominated, it mostly is anyway, & they'll still have one female left (whether it's EP or Eva who leaves), which is basically how it was for a long while anyway (in terms of CSIs that is). Hopefully, if any of this even happens, they'll at least bring in a female to play the full time ME.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:guffaw: Well I don't know why they're doing this...maybe that's b/c Emily and Eva want someone yummy to work with :lol:.

Seriously, maybe they're not able to find a good female who could work properly on the show (see what happened with Tara) so they decided that only men could work out in a good way. Well I don't agree with their policy as at the moment the only woman left is Calleigh...I'm not considering Natalia 'cause it's a miracle, if she's able to talk in an episode LOL

Anyway I'd like to see a new female among the cast. Don't get me wrong, I love Natalia, I love Calleigh but this show desperatly needs a woman, possibely a normal one! :lol:

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

And that is what really bugs me.....Right now would be the time to try out characters. Jesse is working out as replacement Hotbod or not. (Proof = his tread). They are not committed to one MD yet, but Christian(?) seems to apeal to people allready, making the MD male as well.
    So as I previously posted having any newbies come on, should be female as the "good old days" team...Alexx Calleigh and Megan ...then Alexx ,Calleigh and Natalia. ....but now?

We are looking at Calleigh and Natalia ....And if one or the other leaves?

How big or small can the cast set-up be?And as someone stated, if females are difficult to intro, then ....

A labrat angle or try - out wouldn´t "cost" to much?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Even two of the three labrats they feature now (Dave Benton, Mike Travers and Maxine Valera) are obviously male as well. They really should hire another woman, but it looks as if, unless they really want to create a log jam in the cast, the hiring could be over. How they are going to develop and create story arcs for all these characters, when they are doing such a poor job with three characters they already had entering these season is beyond me:(

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They're bringing back Cynthia Wells (the actress is Brooke Bloom), the QD tech in a future ep supposedly. :) She hasn't been on the show in 2 years. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh....she's still alive :lol:. Don't get me wrong, but I don't count her as a character of the show...I know she's in every now & then, but I cannot possibely imagine or think about her as a character like Calleigh & Natalia. Same thing for Valera. Sorry, but this show needs some new female "character" & a not a lab rat who's there once in a while just to change her look or gabble something about handwriting, inks and stuff like that :lol:

7. GregNickRyanFan

I was just answering the comment of all the labrats being male other than Valera. I probably should have edited the rest of the quote out of my reply to avoid confusion, but I got distracted by a phone call or something. :lol: It is fixed now. :)

I don't think they need anymore new characters at this point to be honest. One new one is enough for now. Now they're gonna have two starting Monday. It is just way too much way too soon IMHO. I think they should have waited at least until mid season/season finale to add the second new character. I mean, they saw what happened with Vegas when they added two new characters right around the same time (although I loved Riley). And I don't know why they added two new males characters rather than a new male and a new female instead (at least Vegas added a new female and then a new male rather than two of the same gender). There needs to be more females on the show. :lol: At the very least they could bring back Yelina full time and have her be a cop again and have two cops. :lol: Just to add a little more girl power. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree,it will be too much.The writers and TPTB need to focus on the cast they have and coming up with great stories for this cast,not wondering what cast they will have to come up with stories for later.Vegas had a lot going on with the going and adding of characters,and some characters were left at the curb,unfortunately a newer cast member.That happened because there was no focus on this character at all,there was too much going on and that is something that could happen with Miami.Unless another character is leaving,leave the cast alone.There have already been changes made,see where that takes the show instead of constantly making changes without seeing what the results will be.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I think one new character this season is enough. They get to the task of writing for all the characters; good stories arcs with quality screen time for all.

I miss Yelina; I enjoyed her and H's interaction as well as her screen time alone (mole for Russian mob).

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

11. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Thats the episode I saw them filming when I was out in California. It will be interesting to see what parts I recognize and the other locations that they used.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Episode 809...."Kill Clause"

The episode opens at a charity event, called "Miami Tomorrow" which raises money to get school books and supplies to cities neediest schools. the ven is taking place in an aquaraium, champagne is flowing and security is tight.

The only facts really available are that a maintenance man Jeff, is pushed to his death during the event inside one of the aqua attractions. However, I think his death was used to cover up the true crime which from what I can determine is that the episode is about an insurance company taking out life insurance policies on people and then those people turn up dead.

A young woman who worked for the insurance company seems to have committed suicide. The benficiary on her one and a half million dollar policy is not her family but her employer. Her brother Scott has been convinced from the beginnning that his sister didn't committ suicide. The team attempts to prove murder but it ain't easy. Because the insurance company keeps burying them in paper and red tape.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  13. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

14. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

15. GregNickRyanFan

Actually, pics from this ep were posted somewhere else and there are more of them. Ryan is in one of them in the background of a pic of Eric. I think it's that CBS Express site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.