Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You are not any more flustered than I am. I am so amazed that the tptb are adding new characters while not fully developing the ones they have. Are the writers that lazy that they would prefer to write intros for new characters?:scream: It doesn't seem to me to take much imagination and effort to build on what little is already there. Sometimes I wonder how JT and ELR feel about all of this, or they bothered or are they good team players?:confused:

2. slower

slower Lab Technician

All right is it just me or, did anyone else recognize the "Mrs. Robinson" scene from "The Graduate", in next wekks "Bolt Action"? The scene involving Cheryl Ladd and Eddie? :guffaw:

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Nope, not just you at all, slower. I thought the very same thing when I saw that scene and I doubt that it was an accident.

I'm looking forward to seeing this episode, actually. I've always loved Cheryl Ladd. :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Actually, I thought of the scene in "Basic Instinct" for some reason. :lol: (just to note: I've never seen either The Graduate or Basic Instinct).

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

:lol::lol:

HA HA HA me too...She looks like she is trying to pull a Sharon Stone on Jesse...and I think he is enjoying it...:lol:

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well.... mayby that is the dark secret....he likes his ladies with a little bit of experience?:lol:

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

When I first saw the promos, I actually laughed out loud:guffaw:, and immediately thought of The Graduate. Actually shooting the scene like that is pretty clever:lol:

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thank you so much for posting this since I wasn't understanding anything you were talking about as, not being American, I couldn't watch the clip you posted previously ;)

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hi folks, it's the end of the week and that means the new Episode Thread is up. All discussion pertaining to 'Bolt Action' should now take place there. Thanks! :)

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Why is CSI Miami adding even more to their cast? I don't know the actor whose joining and have nothing against him but one addition was enough. The show should have concentrated on improving the screentime of the cast, giving each an equal amount

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally agree with ya! The writers don't write for the ones they have...so why add more? You just went and made screentime even more of a commodity!!

Lets hope now that they have added another series regular that someone else isn't leaving! Cuz we all know what happened the last time they added a "new" character :lol:

Personally I think the writers for this show need to be concentrating on writing for the people they have and not adding people in order to have something to write about.

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well IMO They might be preparing for any future events. Emily some day going on maternaty leave. BUT why yet another male? We debated previously that males are easylier introduced, but if new MD might go male too. Then we might short term loose a female but have male instead. If females are difficult to introduce they should test female labrats untill Emily maternaty leave. But there is an angle we have not debated. How big a cast set-up is realistic? And would an all male cast work? Let´s Eva and Em got great gigs elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well as far as I know Emily still has to become mother. Don't get me wrong, but officially she's not expecting any baby so far so I think it's too early to talk about maternity leave as she can alway leave the show for completely different reasons.

As far as I know her contract is up at the end of the year 2009 (no matter wheathe she get pregnant or not) so she should be negotiating about the contract as we're speaking. As we know TPTB are not that great in terms of negotiations (Adam's case is pretty explanatory), so it's entirely possible she's gonna leave the show b/c of the negotiations and not b/c of her "maternity leave".

I do have the feeling she's gonna leave b/c as you said there's no need to add new characters on the show right when they're not able to develop their own characters, even if I'm all for new characters right now :lol:.
    As I said, I do feel she's gonna leave the show b/c of the last addition on the show (I don't remember the guy's name & I don't care at the moment LOL) which, to me, sounds more of a regular character rather than a recurrent one. Not to mention that I really don't see him as cop like Frank or how it used to be with Jake or Yelina. To me he is a CSI who's gonna eventually replace someone in the lab and I do fear that this someone is Calleigh/Emily.

I don't know what her reasons are and I don't know why they're gonna eventually replace her with another guy, all I know is that he's more of a replacement rather than anything else ;)

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw:;)We once had a fan called Florry86. She had opinion on the female or male numbers on the show...,

So Flo... Any takes on why all the newbies are male? And do you think an all male cast would work? AND if we have - say - two women on show as love -relief for show and/or male characters? IYO of course.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.