Yelina Salas #2: 'Get Back To Where You Once Belonged'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Mog

Mog Dead on Arrival

Hi everyone!

Sofia certainly was great in 'Passionada' I love the scene in the restaurant when Issacs says that she must've followed him. So expressive!

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

hey Mogne to see u here too :D me to like this scene in 'Passionada' :D also like the way was developed this mother / daughter relationship. the girl there was have the same hair like SM - i`m a lot envious :lol: and this guy Issacs was a lot funny. honestly i like him, coz 1) he have blue eyes and 2) have english accent :p but SM mother-in-law too have cool character in this movie :)

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Welcome to the thread Mog! :D The restaurant scene in 'Passionada' is one of my favourites too. :)

4. silk

silk Prime Suspect

New to the board. Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Y character so much and miss seeing her on the show too. Serious concerns that a return would be permanent for her considering the new info that she has tied herself to the MY TV network with a new series but I'm anxious to see her try something different. Didn't much care for the way they developed her character during season three with the whole Stetler thing. I would love to see her back on the show, but only if they allow Horatio and Yelina to have an actual relationship. Hate the tap dancing and the way the writers inflicted pain on H through Y's choices. Know this is suppose to make for great drama but it was difficult to like what they did with their characters throughout the end of season 2 and all of season three. Would like to see H be happy. Don't believe that will every happen with Y and I just don't see CBS "jumping the shark" like that. Hope I don't offend anyone. Love the thread. Love the characters.

5. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

silk welcome to Yelina thread :D

we all hope she (Y) to be back in S5 CSI M and at last H to be happy :)

for me 'the tap dancing ' is H/Y charm :p and for this - they to have actual relationship ?! i don`t know :rolleyes: till now in all CSI M seasons have a lot complexity...all theirs journey 'will they, won`t they ' make them so interesting couple :p

6. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Pusher; You're right, of course. The attraction between the two is what first got me hooked. The interaction and portrayal of that attraction for these two actors (Sofia Milos and David Caruso) was so well done. The writers never even came close to portraying those kinds of feeling with Horatio and his newly deceased bride. It's not that I don't think that Yelina would make Horatio happy. I think she would. I would just like to see the writers allow that to happen. The 'will they/won't they" has charm and it is key in the development of their storyline, but how long can they actually maintain the charm? Two seasons was plenty for me. I found myself wanting to shout at the t.v. "Just kiss her and get it over with!" The perfect CSIM (Aside from the science stuff) would be to see these two actually married and having a family and working side by side. But that would totally change the dynamics of the show. Would be interesting to see how they would deal with the Ray/Yelina/Horatio sandwich with all of them on the show at the same time, wouldn't it? I've always had a feeling that Ray did not treat Yelina well and that she was not necessarily happy in her marriage to Ray. Also wondered when Stetler abused her if that had happened with Ray??? Would be interested in your opinions on that. Thanks for letting me discuss this here. Other boards are not terribly Yelina/Horatio friendly.

7. Lucy

Hi silk and welcome! :D You make some really interesting points which were very refreshing to read.
    I completely agree. The depth and subtlety of the H/Y relationship was amazing to watch. I'm afraid the H/Marisol storyline just left me cold.
    I undoubtedly think she would make him happy, and vice versa, and nothing would please me more if the writers were to go there. However, this is CSI, and happy relationships aren't something they seem to subscribe to! I know that in Vegas, they have brought Grissom and Sara together, and I wonder where that is heading. I digress, though. ;) It seems to be all about the angst. We have had two and a half seasons of H/Y angst, interspersed with wonderful light hearted moments. I have to say I like the 'will they/won't they' approach, but it would be gratifying to see some kind of resolution I agree.
    Very interesting. This is what many of us were hoping for in Season 4, before the writers took leave of their senses. This whole storyarc still has so much potential, which I hope gets the attention it deserves. Afterall, this is Miami canon from Seasons 1-3. Many issues are far from resolved and with some creativity and astuteness, the writers could deliver a truly engrossing Season 5. I have my doubts though.
    Me too. When Yelina told H that Ray would stay away for 'weeks and weeks' (Big Brother) when Ray was undercover, that to me spoke volumes. It wasn't just what she said, but the way she said it. I always got the impression that Ray wasn't a good husband (well, we know he was unfaithful for one thing and also a dirty cop!) and H was always the reliable one - always there for her and Ray Jnr if they needed him. It wouldn't surprise me if Ray was violent on occasion with her and Ray Jnr, especially if he was influenced by the drugs. Can you imagine how angry H would be if he found out that his brother was violent towards them? :eek: This is just an example of what I mean about the storyarc potential.
    Believe me, it's a pleasure! I have encountered occasional hostility on other forums too. Here, we try to respect everyones' opinions and welcome discussion. We also like to encourage people to back up their opinions with reasoned argument. It doesn't always happen, but we try. ;)

Also, if you're interested, there is a thread dedicated to Horatio and Yelina here. Infact, we're nearly onto our 4th thread (each thread has a cap of 1000 posts). We have some great discussions in there and if you have time, it is well worth looking back at the old threads. :)

8. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

silk for me is pleasure to read ur posts :D i want first to say sorry if i have offend u somehow with my reply. before i come in this forum me too have read some web side with no good comments for H or Y or H/Y relationship. so i honestly can say that i love this place here :D we all have different opinion, but all guys here in this thread ot H/Y thread do ours best to keep this H/Y 'real romantic deal' a live till come S5 CSI M premiere. for me this personally thoughts make the chat here so nice and interesting :D

yes it`s truth that between Sofia Milos and David Caruso have one big chemistry like between H and Y. as i have say so many times this couple make me love CSI M tv show - befor for me this was other one ordinary crime show :p i still can`t believe what CSI M writers do to us - this soup with Aerosol agrrr :mad: they only spoil and destroy this tv show and H character. after i have thinking last night yes there is logic H and Y to come together - they till now was going through so many things, but... will see S5. as i have watch S 2-3 me too have scream against my TV screen : "Come on fool, kiss her". but still my opinion is that i don`t want they to have real connection, maybe one night oooo yes :devil: i 100% agree that one 'Ray/Yelina/Horatio sandwich' plot will be a lot interesting. this time i want to know why Y marry R..want to see how tow brothers can live with theirs BIG LOVE lady between them. did i ask to match ?! :lol: i`m sorry that Ann D. and the rest writers lose all season - for me in this H/Y realtionship have so many potential to be developed. :rolleyes:

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Since I don't have anything intelligent to say at moment, I just came to flash my boobs... no wait... no nono... I came to say that... Wooooofrigginhooooo we'll see Yelina in season 5 premiere :D (it cannot be spoiler since it was on main page of csifiles.com)

I am like the happiest duck on this forum!

10. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

did i just see the most happiest duck :lol: *pass bottle vodka*

i`m here only to post link to this official news :D

wow what a spoiler !!! :rolleyes: :lol: :p

11. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Pusher, you did not offend me in the least. I am enjoying a "like-minded" response to my feelings about the show and this relationship. (Shaking my head and chuckling that we are talking about characters in a t.v. show like they were real people and they have a real relationship. But hey, it's all good, right? No harm, no foul!) DeWacko, where did you see an actual press release that SM was going to be in the premier? And do you guys really think she will do more than just the premier. Knowing that she is committed to another network in a serial/novela type show that runs six days a week, where would she find the time? Although, considering how seldom (IMO) they had her on CSI M in season 3 (After they signed her to a permanent contract and gave her a listing in the credits THANK YOU VERY MUCH! (little hostile about that sorry) if she only appeared as infrequently as she did then, it could be a possibility. What do you think?

12. inge

inge CSI Level Two

YEAH! Yelina comes back! I'm so happy!!

:) :D
    Ray is lost? I hope that they won't find him. sorry, I know that i'm mean. We also see Ray Jr.

13. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I'm so glad she's returning for the next season. I loved Yelina. And as for seeing Ray Sr. again... I love Dean Winters, so I hope we get to see him act.

14. Lucy

:lol:....and I'm the happiest, er, Lucy on this forum. :D

Now that this information has been confirmed, I can also add that:
    doing 2 episodes of CSIM for now, but there may be more.
    Sofia also said that with regard to how involved she will be in the show depends on what "schedule conflict there is."

My source is Sofia herself, via e-mail, and she has given me permission to divulge this info. Btw, she seems like a really lovely person who cares alot about her fans and appreciates their support very much. :)

15. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

hi around here, im back, and have a lot to read, dawm what a information... I cant keep it up help.......... :eek:
    It will take a while before i can react again because i first have to read... AARRGG.. :D

huggie Nathalie