Would It Really Be A Better Miami...?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by luvcsimiami, May 13, 2009.

1. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Sounds like fairy tale. :rolleyes:

First of all, i don't think that Eric is love of her life, who said he the last one guy in her life?

Second, even if he forgive her (imo, it was his fault and she even shouldn't apologize for shooting him, but she will) and they make up she would remember this for rest of her life. She can't trust him as much as she used to before. And when he make new mistakes in future or start act suspicious, she would thinking "We had this situation before". IMO, this situation did a big crack in their new not strong enough relationship.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I absolutely agree, & quite frankly it isn't typical of this show to keep things ever so peachy - e/c shouldn't be an exception. If tptb are sticking to formula here, then I do suggest that this is the tip of the falling apart point - whether it's been 3 months together or 1 year - I don't think it matters to tptb, & really it shouldn't.

3. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

Really there is only one character that needs to be dumped to turn CSI: Miami back to better beginnings.... the "HazMat Julia she-devil".:devil:

Let's see... first she was a "feminine fatale", then "bipolar", now a "wacky delusional cougar"... what next? This wacky side-story has just been totally distracting and bizarre, and has hurt and not helped the integrity of the show. Hopefully, the writers can somehow gracefully write out her character or Horatio keeps her locked up and throws away the key. Maybe, her character can exit with Ron. I know some Kyle fans think his mommie must be around, but Julia in 17 years never tried to be his mom, and Kyle at 18 can do fine with just H around.

Oh, ya'll were mainly talking about C/E.:cool: I'm not a hiphugger and just think the whole C/E "soap opera" of S7 has been "mushy and boring" but there seems to be a lot of C/E "mushy" fans, so I think we're stuck with that pairing. I just ask don't let the C/E "mushy" be a dominant theme or focus of the episodes. Let the writers throw in a little C/E moment (dangling carrots) every once and a while and I can survive with the H-shades during those times and the C/E "mushies" can keep dreamin' on!:rolleyes:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

All I can say is thank you for this. I mean it's not CS:E/C or any other kind of soap opera.....for god's sake it's CSI:Miami & it should be about oh yeah a little bit of science in Miami & not Scientists having sex & any other kind of drama in & outside their lab, we all know how children born, we don't need the scientific explanation thanks to our lab rats. Sorry :alienblush:

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

You shouldn't apologize, i think the same. I like this show cuz it's detective show (and handsome Ryan :rolleyes:), if i wanna see soap opera i start watching OC, Desperate housewives, etc.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Julia is far from my favorite character and I agree the writers can't seem to settle on who they want this character to be (did they have a plan for Julia at any time?), but I do think they were able to evolve her into a more sympathic character towards the end.

I never really cared for Elizabeth Berkely, but she did a heck of a job once they had Julia begin to lose control. I was actually impressed with her performance.

I think that Kyle would be fine without the mother he really never had. I could see him being curious about her, but after Horatio was there every step of the way and stood by him, I thought it was preposterious that they would have Kyle chose the mother that abandoned him over the father who's been there for him since before he even knew for a fact that Kyle was his son. It made Kyle look shallow (as his "mother" threw him the keys to her fancy car after he was released) and ungrateful.

I wish I could be as generous as you are H-COOL. I am so tired of all the E/C that I can't even find it in myself to allow for brief moments. IMO, they already HAVE let E/C dominate the show. They have tied those two together so closely that you can't even have a scene where they are just working together that you don't think about the "relationship". Even if they stop the "mushy" crap from this point on, they have so hammered it into the audience by making it a part of almost every episode up to this point, it's automatic for a lot of people that the "relationship" is the first thing you think about when you see them. As I said previously, if you see either one without the other, you immediately question where is the other half. And if this wasn't intentional on the part of TPTB, boy did they screw up!

I'm simply sick to death of Eric and Calleigh. Period. In any situation. I've been overdosed. I'm hoping that the summer off will help, but I doubt it because it's clear that when season 8 starts E/C will AGAIN be the focus.

I was really hoping if I just held on through season 7, that they would either pull back on the shipper crap or the relationship would fade or bust up. But it's obvious that is not what they have planned. In season 7 it will again take center stage. :( :( :( :(

(Yeah, I'm just a little unhappy about it! Can ya tell?? ;))

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well let's say that I've never enjoyed Julia too much, but, at the same time, Elizabeth Berkley did a terrific job w/ her character, especially when it was time for her to lose control & completely breakdown.

I must say that I've never seen such a fast change w/ a character &, even if at first I thought it was crazy for TPTB to write her as bipolar, I must say that I really enjoyed when she came into the lab shooting :lol:

I wouldn't mind Julia to be gone for good, but at the same time, I wish we could have known a little bit more about her character so that we could have had other terrific performances by Elizabeth. I do think she's really talented, gosh I so felt for her at the end of "Bomb Shell".

As for Kyle, I really don't understand his function on the show, especially now that he's the M.E. assistant, but I have to say that Evan Ellingston is one of the cutest guys I've ever seen playing the protagonist's son. He's too cute & I do think I couldn't get over him on this show. Though, I'd love to see a little bit of interaction between him & Calleigh. IDK it's one of my fantasies about the show. She used to be so close to H whenever it was time to help his family (do you remember when she investigated, secretely, on Ray's death??), so yeah I'd love TPTB to show her still close to her boss....in terms of friendship, OFC :lol:

Yeah I'm tying to change the subject for a while b/c I don't want to be here always bashing E/C, even if we're not doing it, technically :p

All I can say about them is that yeah s8 is definetely going to start w/ this storyline, but, at least, we can always hope they'll change their trend very soon ;)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

So, are we on "would it really be a better Miami?" without Julia, now?
    I think I'm gonna give that one an "oh, hell yes!". :p I think she's out of the pic for a while, but not for good, unforturnatly. Then again, this is Miami, they could let her fall off the map this way, I suppose. *shrug*

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'm not sure I do either, Flo. They haven't used the character to establish a father/son relationship for Horatio. Most of their interaction lately has been to further the Julia storyline. In two instances where they could have really played up the father/son relationship, we saw nothing.

So, yeah. I'm a little confused about what the plan is for Kyle as well. I hope they find one - 'cause I've really grown to like that character.

I suppose it's possible that we could see some Calleigh and Kyle scenes, but I almost doubt it unless the storyline for season 8 changes up pretty drastically. I don't know when they would interact. Calleigh hasn't really made many appearances in the morgue this season (unless I've missed them). It's usually Ryan. So unless that changes, or they find a place for Kyle out of the morgue and closer to the lab, I'm not sure where they would have scenes together.

Horatio and Calleigh's extremely limited interaction would presuppose it to be some premise that doesn't involve Horatio, possibly involves him by reference, or maybe just requires minimal involvement on his part.

The episodes when Calleigh had Horatio's back, when they were friends and worked so well together, were my absolute favorites. I'd love to see that type of relationship again - but unless something really drastic happens, I just don't see that happening. I really do hope I'm wrong, but I didn't think even one of the rare scenes together for the past couple of seasons saw them interacting in a comfortable, positive way again. The characters both looked less than thrilled to be in each other's company in every scene. I mourn the loss of that friendship more than I do Eric and Calleigh's. :(

Sorry, Flo. You're right and this isn't the appropriate thread for my comments. My little meltdown/tirade should have taken place on the "E/C dislike" thread - or not at all, actually. I apologize. I'll try to be more careful in the future. :(

I wish I were an eternal optimist regarding this subject - like you. I am usually a much more postive person. But in this area I've pretty much lost all hope. :(

Again, Julia wasn't necessarily my favorite character, but I think the got rid of her just as she was getting interesting! :lol:

10. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

Ha :lol:... I can tell..."what non-C/E passion"! You know the C/E romance has not bothered me as much as the C/E screen time. Although, even the romance has just come across to me as somewhat high-schoolish. The C/E screen time is what bothered me. Early on in S7 episodes, Calleigh was in like every other scene, Eric was in like every other-other scene, and it was like they were the only CSIs really doing the work. Note Calleigh OR C/E always got to do the final murder interview. Ryan maybe made a few scenes, Natalia was in like 1 minute of each epi, Frank was basically nonexistant until the end of the Season, and my fave DC/H-Man screen time even got significantly cut. Often, he was not in the opening with his famous one-liner before the credits.:confused:

Why did this happen? It's pretty obvious when you read Exec Producer Ann Donahure in CSI Magazine state that the C/E stuff has become like a separate character of the show. Sad... because I just wanted to blame this on the younger TPTB, but it seems even the older leadership of the show seems to like this tangent they have lead the show off on. I just think the fans should let them know, ratings have not improved with the C/E stuff and not all fans are hiphuggers.

On the "HazMat Julia", I honestly think the writers originally were not going to have her bi-polar, but with Kyle fans saying they did not want his biological mommie evil and with the writer's strike, they quickly came up with the bipolar stuff to make her more palatable in S8. My concern is they now bring her back and then blame all her past actions on Ron. I just have a problem with the integrity of her character and a victim mentality. She victimized people for years in scamming and fraud, and even if she played no exact role in the death of her husband and Kathleen Newberry... she did not care. I just don't want my H-ERO to develop more than a concern for her. H will always care for her since she is Kyle's mom, but I just don't want that relationship to go further. I would rather see H kiss Rick Stetler on the head than the "she-devil" Julia.:p

11. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

You are right! Ratings didn't up, they didn't down (yet), i think most of people still watching cuz hoping that show comeback to their fav things. Someone hope see more Nat, someone Ryan, someone love H onliner and etc. In this season Eric and Cal couple times was onliner, again, why not Ryan? :scream: Btw, i like H-onliner :cool:.

About Julia, i'm glad if she would come back sometimes, cuz eps with her is very interesting! And i agree, Elizabeth did great work with bipolar stuff :thumbsup:

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know? I think Ryan was a lot in the morgue this year b/c of his storyline w/ Tara. I mean he was the one who made the prank, he was the one who gave her flowers & he was the one who made Stetler *ahem* arrest her (thank god someone understood she was dangerous :thumbsup:).
    So yeah now that Tara is out, I do think they could make Calleigh interact more w/ the new M.E. (btw, now I want a hot guy in the morgue!!! We deserve a new hot guy on the show:devil:) ;)

No worry, I was just referring to the fact that this thread was in general & we've been talking about E/C for 4 pages out to 4 :lol:.
    I wouldn't like people complaining on us just b/c we're "bashing" this lovely couple :shifty:
    OFC, we don't have to stp doing it :lol:.....let's just say we can talk about them & yeah we can also talk about Julia & the crazy family :lol:

I know that Ms. Ann Donahue would like to sue me after this, but I really don't take any word from her. I mean she was the one who told Duke Duquesne was coming back in s5 to defend a really bad guy. She was the one who wanted Speed dead & yeah she stated so many wrong things, that I even don't care about what she has to say.

All I want to focus on is that Corey Miller, one of the older writers just left the show & you can see how w/o him the show just focused too much on E/C...especially the season finale
    Remember last year? Corey Miller wrote the last year season final &, as you may have notice, it wasn't focused on E/C.
    Right when he leaves we have to yeah cope w/ E/C centred season finale *shrugs*

Me too me too :lol:. No, seriously, he's taking care of Julia just b/c of the fact she's oh yeah his son's mommy. But I just don't see anything more between these two ;)

As for the ratings, I just think that they really prove how this storyline is not making any good for the show. I mean, OFC, they were so focused on it since they all thought most of the fans were hiphuggers.
    Too bad, that something opposite is happening right now. Well ratings have fallen in one of their episodes (correct me if I'm wrong), so yeah ratings are just proving how ther most important storyline can soon become a *cough*boomerang*cough* :shifty: