World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wibble

wibble Corpse

Ok, I want to say something here.

Yes - you are all entitled to your opinions, but please let's remember this is a message board, and things that people say can easily be perceived in a different way by others, which can lead to trouble.

I understand that people are excited when their team wins a match, but please be careful of what you say exactly, and that it's phrased in a way so as not to sound like you are baiting other users (i.e. supporters of the team who lost).

Let's not go to personal attacks in here folks - I'd like to see this thread carry on the way it has done most of the time, with people supporting their team(s) without intimidation from others.

Thank you.

2. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

I have just about calmed down enough to post something intelligent I hope :rolleyes:

Yesterdays feelings, gutted and angry :mad:

I have to say am disappointed in Rooney what he did was wrong and he let us down, the players worked their socks off and I take back absolutley everything I said anbout Owen Hargreaves, he fought and ran, and ran and ran, good man :D
    Oh yes we are poor at penalties and that is our fault..
    1990 v Germany, 1996 v Germany, 2002 v Argentina, 2004 v Portugal, 2006 v Portugal, I have sat and dispaired through everyone of them and it never gets easier :(

However I am cross, the behaviour of certain footballers on the world stage is unacceptable... surrounding refs to get players sent off, waving hands like cards for the same reason, going down clutching their face when they got kicked in the ankle, or simply diving and rolling round for no apparent reason, are things that have come into the game that are totally unprofessional and the players should be ashamed of themselves :eek:

They ought to remember what it like to play football for the love of the game and pride and passion! I play and pay for the previledge and I would like to see some of these guys taking the kind of kicks, elbows, full blooded tackles you can find on any parkland in England every weekend from august through to May, they would learn to take a hit and get up cause no-one gonna run around with stretchers to sort you then, you play on and become harder next time :eek:

There is many an amateur player who could teach these so called professionals a thing or too about what this means before it ruins our beautiful game forever :mad:

As for France I say well done, there is nothing I would like more than to see one of the greatest players ever to have played stand up in his final game with the world cup in his hands, I would stand up and appluad that :D

3. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

I apprectiate your post wibble and thank you. :)

As for other points raised, the English are not bad losers in all of this. Most Engish fans are more than happy to admit that we didn't perform as well as we should have done. We all admit that Rooney was an idiot to do what he did, our shape was all wrong and our penalties were very poorly taken (as were a couple of Portugal's too!).

You are missing my point. My point was that Portugal's gamesmanship and attempts to con the referee marred the game. I am not saying that is why we lost, but it was a factor. This happens alot with other teams too and it is a very unfortunate side of football. I do not respect players like Christiano Ronaldo for being 'smart' in this unsporting manner. If an English player had done this, I would not have been impressed either.

4. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

greece have been banned by FIFA
    Linky

5. Guest

Guest Guest

YAAAAA! we won ! I 'm really affraid by Portugal but anyway, we did a great worldcup.

6. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

But France hasnt won it. They have to play another 2 matches before they can win the Cup again. ;)

Jorja_fan isnt going to be pleased about Greece being banned by FIFA. :lol:

7. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

I think this is a little harsh, no-one made a comment about the Australians being bad losers when they commented on their exit from the competition with some pretty strong language, you could have made the comment that the Italian was just smart for falling over Lucas Neills leg and winning a penalty ;)
    and I remember more than one person stating how offside Zidane's goal was, when in fact it wasn't :confused:

Plus 'Fake fouls' that's not football thats just cheating!!

As for Ronaldo, yeah he is a great player no denying it, but that is very unprofessional to celebrate getting an opposition player sent off and more to the point a club team mate!!

Wouldn't put us in the bad loser bracket, most comments were made rationally and we have got used to losing when it matters so can take it pretty well I beleive, sometimes you just have to vent ;)

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment so just forget about it.

9. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

You're alright mate, I wasn't really offended, just wanted to put across a well reasoned point to your comments ;)

Hope we are all ok now :)

10. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

no, i totally agree. english are SORE losers. we always look to blame, not necessarily to footy,

but in this case, i totally, whole heartilt put my blame in CRYonaldo!! :mad: he headbutted BOOney. and provoked BOOney into pushing him

but alan shearer is totally right, BOOney should attack him in training :D. a- i hate manure, b, i hate CRYonaldo and c- BOOney just willl :D

CRYonaldo should watch his back in the team showers :lol:

id love to see Vieira and Makelele CRIPPLE CRYonaldo!! :D

and see a germany/france finale

changes every day.. :rolleyes:

damn right girl! nahh id never ever ever like italtian footy, theyre sooo arrogant and cheaters!! :(

ooh god, theres only ONE english footy song, THREE LIONS!

since, im english and arsenal fan....i cant see germany win it :p and thus arsenal being a french team i have no choice :lol:

TRAITOR!! no more flirting with you ;) :p

im quite suprised by the lack of english rioting :D
    esp it was portugal that beat them im 2004, there was rioting in my area :D

isnt fiesta spanish? also its a TERRIBLE car :p

11. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

You're not wrong Dave, apart from the bit about sore losers, not all english are like this are we now ;) I agree some definately are, but I'm prepared to stand up and accept we were not good enough this time :rolleyes:

But I think there will be trouble at Utd, Ronaldo didn't think very hard before winding up Rooney, has he looked at their relative sizes recently!!! I wouldn't mess with Rooney, that's for sure :lol:

12. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

ruud and ronaldo will want his ass on a pike ;)
    cos manures last game vs charlton (ended 4-0) appaarently ruud made a gesture or said something about CRYonaldo and fergie made ruud leave. never thought id say this but.. get in ruud :lol:

hehe, england fans were definately the more passionate. what do you think, liz StevieG for captaincy? no way is johnterry more passionate than StevieG. no way!! ;) also svens tactics and personality doesnt suit england (as a country and footy nation) id love to seee what wrighty would do as manager! :D

totallly agree. even though you may have stole my quotes :p
    hehe ;)

god, lampard was terrible this year.
    the bigger the team, the greater the dive
    loook at thuram vs ronaldos dive, 85th min, brazil about ot be knocked out, fat ronaldo made a SPECATULAR dive on the edge. ronaldinho blasted it JUST over..

unlucky cheaters

13. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

I would always go for Stevie G captain, the guy is amazing and being captain at Liverpool has made him even better, imagine what captain of England would make him :D

Stevie gets my vote..but then again like I would say anything else ;)

14. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

waouh tomorrow GERMANY/ITALY, can't wait to see that game ill be happy if Germany or Italy win the game, i like those two teams :p

as for FRANCE/PORTUGAL: well there is no way i won't support France lol well cause i'm French lol i hope figo will hug zidane, just like Ronaldo did lol :D

i'm still disapointed for England, don't know why....i'm just disapointed that they were kicked out...

Oh and today or yesterday i don't really remember, they showed some spanish newspaper covers about Zidane, and they were really nice with him, i'm glad to see that they finally change their mind about him, that's really cool ;)

15. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

I'm Portuguese, so I guess I have to stand up for Cristiano Ronaldo... ;)
    Here goes: he did not ask for a red card to Rooney, he ask the referee to indicate the fault (I don't know the right terms). That's what he said to the news, and I don't know if it's true, because I was keep running to bathroom (I was really nervous :lol:), but I want to believe him. ;)

That would be wonderful, but I doubt. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.