World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

im going for germany!!!

2. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

I was so sad :( when Brazil got knocked out today :mad: :mad:. I love my Brazil. I hope that Portugal beats France :devil: even though Portugal took out England :(. I was talking with my husband tonight and he told me at least I have one team left in Italy.

GO ITALY !!!!! All The Way :D :D :D

Take Care,
    Dayna

3. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

The final is on my birthday, and my sister will be in Berlin during it.

I'm really stoked. However, if Portugal wins I might have to smash my TV. I hope France totally pwns them in their match.

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

Wow...all European teams left now!

I think I'm gonna support Italy now - I'd really like to see them win for a change :D France already won it recently, and I'm not cheering Portugal after they knocked England out. :p

I guess Germany wouldn't be bad either. I think if Italy go out, I'll cheer for them.

Thank goodness for one thing now that England are out...I don't have to be subjected to that awful England song, 'World At Your Feet', by Embrace anymore :lol:

5. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

*hopes Portugal will win cup* It's the only team that hasn't won the cup yet, so it will be nice for a change.. yes even if they kicked the Dutch and English arses. :p

6. Misery

Misery Pathologist

I'll be for Portugal on the next game, although I won't be sorry if France wins. They are a great team. And the satisfaction will be even bigger, since everyone was putting them down. And it's interesting, but same goes for Italy and Portugal, in a way. :D I'm so glad things turned out like this.

As for the second game; Germany-Italy...I'm for Italy all the way. I have a soft spot for them since 1994, and Roberto Baggio. :D

Now, I don't want to mention the ugly stuff, but I hope that the ref will be objective in that game, because I know no one mentioned this, but it was obvious that the ref ruling Germany - Argentina did succumb to the home crowd. Those weren't crutial decisions, but in some of them, you could see that he didn't have same criteria.

7. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

i was sooo happy when brazil got kicked out, i hate them, they are arrogant pricks haha

8. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

Yeah, they deserved it more than England. :)

9. lea

lea Police Officer

Yay yay yay England lost :D was so chuffed :D Portugal to win now :D or possibly Italy. Don't really want France or Germany to win (no offence to any French/German people/supporters)

10. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

So...I felt I had to make a reply.

Firstly, England played better than Portugal in the first 20 mins before Rooney got sent off- Him being sent off was not needed as him stamping on someone's goolies and trying to get himself up by pulling everyone down was purely accidental- should've deserved at least a yellow card. :rolleyes: Ronaldo is such a ******* for trying to intimidate him! Seriously, that is low. Then trying to get the referee to send him off- leave the fucking referee to make their own decisions. Then...winking at him after Rooney got off. Low, I said!

Secondly, why did we get an argentianin referee?! :lol: Does no one remember we were in a war with them not more than 20 years ago?! How fucking biased- there were many times when he gave something to Portugal such as the dives,..etc.

Thirdly, what was up with the dives that Portugal tried to do?! Ronaldo sccumbered to the floor after being hit in the face by one England player by its elbow but...the England player never touched him, only his legs. Even got a free kick for that. Well done, Portugal- Master divers! :D Even Minache- one of Portugal's players even got a free kick near the goal after doing such a superb dive. :D

Fouthly, Im proud of England of being able to maintain the goalless score even with ten men- that is amazing. :D For 70 odd minutes. We even made various shots on the goal which we could've scored but not with frigging Lampard. :p

Fifthly, I hope Portugal get their arses kicked by whoever tehy'r playing becausew they SERIOUSLY dont deserve it. :mad: Heh, they only MANAGED TO WIN AFTER 130 mins and penalties AGAINST A TEAM WHO HAD TEN MEN. Such a great victory? :D I think not.

Yay! I managed not to throw in the swear words. :lol: Well...some.

GO GERMANY! GO FRANCE! GO GERMANY! GO FRANCE! <--I'd like either of the teams to win. :D

EDIT- Aw no! David Beckham has resigned being the England's captain! :( This is bad news.

11. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

But, it's okay to offend the English supporters? :confused:

For the record, I was born in Wales and grew up there, but I supported England throughout this World Cup. Respectfully, I don't understand the resentment at all. To me, this kind of posting is also baiting people and not a nice thing to do.

kazzy, I thought that you and the other England fans might appreciate this press quote:

12. EmilyAddict

EmilyAddict Rookie

Yeah for France!!!! Thanks Thierry Henry. At the end it was so ccol. People walked in the street, or were with their cars. There has been noise until at least 1h. So cool!!!!!!!!

13. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

In Paris , the "fiesta" lasted all the night ! and a lot of portuguese were there too ! it was amazing ;)

14. Misery

Misery Pathologist

OK, I understand that it hurts that England lost, but I don't understand one thing; all the things all of you mentioned weren't the factor in the end. You held your future in your own hands, and you failed at penalty shoot-outs. I mean, I'm sorry, but no one is to blame there except of your own players. And Rooney who acted like an immature kid and deserved the red card he recieved.

I agree that it was great that you managed to keep 0:0 with 10 players, but it still doesn't change the fact that you missed 3 penalties.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^Yep,I agree with you Misery.
    I didn't know English were so bad losers.
    Rooney is very bad tempered and what he did was very silly,Cristiano Ronaldo was smart knowing that Rooney was going to do something like that.
    Dunno why English don't like a player as C.Ronaldo after that,I mean,France defeated us and all the great teams are after Ribery and noone blames Zidane,the offsides or the fake fouls 'cause that's football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.