World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
and besides, since most of the games are on at 2am

heh bad luck. for me all games are at 6 pm and 10 pm....but in WC 94 in USA we in my country have the same problem 2 am...

and when u guys talk about peoples who don`t like or don`t follow regularly football game, well when i go out to drink beer with my company (not all of them are mad about footall) for my surprise all guys start to scream at the referee or some player... just somehow this game have magic to draw more and more fans :lol:

I agree, a Holland-England match would be extremely exciting and it would be something that I'm looking forward to.

*cross fingers* ;)

Pusher said:
and when u guys talk about peoples who don`t like or don`t follow regularly football game, well when i go out to drink beer with my company (not all of them are mad about footall) for my surprise all guys start to scream at the referee or some player... just somehow this game have magic to draw more and more fans :lol:
Yeah, soccer conects people. :lol:

carlz31 said:
and besides, since most of the games are on at 2am, there is no way I would get up at 2am and get dressed into supporters gear to watch the game in my living room under a blanket, and then get changed back into my PJ's at 4am and go back to sleep...theres just no point...I mean, if I was going out somewhere, then sure, but no-one is going to see me anyway

I know what you mean, here the games are 9pm, 12pm and then 3am during the group matches so for the 3am games I'm just in my pj's. And since the start of the WC, I've been sorely lacking sleep, my eyes are all red and monster-looking :p

You are lucky! But we were lucky back in 2002 when it was held in Korea/Japan :D I got back from school and watched footie all evening!

GO SPAIN!

Just over 2 hours until England match :D I know my Grandad has the beer in the fridge, and I'm sure I'll find stuff to eat to go with it...erm, so I'm all set :)

Interesting point there carlz, and true I think. I'm not a football fan, and never have been either. It's only because my Grandad now lives on his own that I've watched most of the England games so far, to keep him company. Otherwise I'd probably only have caught one of them so far :lol:

And I have no merchandise at all - not even a free flag :p

Though watching the matches, I've found out what a cutie Gerrard is :devil: :D

JayneEmilysRealm said:
Well reading the above posts, I do consider myself to be lucky to be in the same timezone as Germany :D
Yeah, me too.
Though it sucks 'cause when the Cup'll be somewehere else it'll be weird hours. =|

:eek:
Netherlands really hasn't lost a match since 2004?

I cant wait for today! :D well, later today. Im hoping for Holland to win the match against Portugal so that if England wins against Ecuador, we cna play against Holland. :D

England vrs Ecuador- 2-1
Holland vrs Portugal 3-1

GO ENGLAND!!! Do us proud today! And of course, Come on Holland! :D

Cheers then, wibble! I will drink enough beer too, I think. But tomorrow I have to go to school and make 2 tests, so I'll be careful.

Shine said:
debje said:they've lost one match :rolleyes: that was italy,if i'm right
Oh, okay.
I read somewhere that they haven't, at least not an offcial match.

Novembur 12 2005, Amsterdam Arena

The Netherlands - Italië 1-3 (1-2)
38. Babel 1-0, 41. Gilardino 1-1, 45. Vlaar 1-2 (own goal), 50. Toni 1-3.
referie: Ivanov (Rus). Yellow card: Camoranesi (Italië).

debje said:
Novembur 12 2005, Amsterdam Arena

The Netherlands - Italië 1-3 (1-2)
38. Babel 1-0, 41. Gilardino 1-1, 45. Vlaar 1-2 (own goal), 50. Toni 1-3.
referie: Ivanov (Rus). Yellow card: Camoranesi (Italië).
Thank you for all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back