Without A Trace *May Contain Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

Re: Without A Trace

I was pleased with the continuity regarding Jack's hand still being injured from the previous episode. Too many shows tend to disregard timelines.

I was glad the social worker was okay. After some of the things he had to go through, I'm not surprised he decided to quit his job.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I liked the ep,Danny was great.

I thought everybody at the office knew that Anne was with Jack since the season finale and it was pretty obvious that she was pregnant.
    I like them as a couple so I hope everything is ok for the baby,Jack had enough drama on the previous seasons,he deserves some happiness.

And Destiny,I can't understand why is unfair for a woman on her forties to have children,imo is the perfect age and,of course,their own business.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Without bringing any arguments over from where I read that, lets see if I can narrow it down (paraphrasing but not my thoughts), apparently some people who feel that getting pregnante at 40 is unfair, when people who are much younger either can't get pregnante or have miscarriages, the unfairness is that Anne got pregnante by err accident right off the bat and they felt it was a slap in the face. -- Then it was added to people that age shouldn't get pregnante because of all the problems that come as you get older.
    ----------------
    Needless to say I didn't post anything on the site where this was written, but to say that it was absurd, is an understatement they admit that its a fictional show, with fictional characters, and yet they believe that the show is mocking them because Anne is with child. YEAH, Okay!

Though I have to agree that telling people or rather Sam about the baby, would see a bit late, but maybe in the land of tv they are blind and we are the only ones that see. But what I think gets me is what business would it have been of sam's? Sure they had a relationship, but he went back to his wife, she dated a couple others, had a relationship with Martin, and is single again. So I don't see how it would effect her that anne is pregnante. lol But hey thats just me.

ETA: I have confirmation on the spoiler about the baby and it is true. Below I am posting spoilers for the next two eps in the second EP is where the confirmation is.
    The team searches for a young mother with one month to live. -- John de Lancie ("Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and "Star Trek: Voyager") guest stars as the missing woman's boss, Brian Gaghan; Silas Weir Mitchell ("Prison Break") plays her hospice support group leader, Luke; and Todd Lowe ("Gilmore Girls") portrays Ryan, the party-crasher with whom Audrey was last seen. -- Audrey West was last seen leaving a gathering of fellow cancer patients with Ryan, who crashed the party and stole some of the attendees' prescription drugs. While the team tries to locate Ryan, who is discovered to be the drug-addicted boyfriend of Audrey's hospice nurse, they also want to question Audrey's renowned architect boss, Brian Gaghan, who accused Audrey of stealing files and blackmailing him. Meanwhile, Vivian finds herself flooded with disturbing memories of her own health crisis.
    The team searches for a 17-year-old high school basketball star who vanishes the night he scores the winning basket at a game that secures his team's position in the state championships. -- Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio returns as FBI agent Anne Cassidy. Connor Trinneer ("Star Trek: Enterprise") and Marina Sirtis ("Star Trek: The Next Generation") guest star as the missing Ted Soros' basketball coach and mother. -- Ted's working-class immigrant parents explain that Ted had become an emancipated minor in order to join another school district's top-ranked team that attracts the notice of college recruiters. However, the agents wonder if Ted's real objective was to move out of the home of his heavy-drinking, wife-beating father, who may have had a role in his disappearance. The agents also try to decipher why Ted's coach and fellow players are being less than candid about him, and they look into why Ted asked his attorney uncle to clarify when minors get tried as adults for felonies. Meanwhile, Anne delivers some sad news to Jack.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I like this one because Vivian so related to the girl who had the brain tumor..recalling in flashbacks her experiences.. she's so cool.. calm.. and collected..and Jack/Anthony.. he's so good!!! another good ep. ;)

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

It was a sad ep,it's so cruel people taking advantage of dying people selling them "miracle cures".. :(

I was wondering where was Prison Break's Haywire and there he was running a supportive group on Without a Trace. :lol:

6. Destiny

TvGuide Online interviewed Anthony LaPaglia on both his movie and the show. I am only posting the part about the show but click the link about the movie "The Architect".

In October, CBS' Without a Trace (Sundays at 10 pm/ET) notched its 100th episode. Though not as high-profile as the Law & Orders and CSIs of the world, the FBI procedural has earned a loyal audience with solid writing and an engaging ensemble. Leading that cast is veteran actor Anthony LaPaglia. TVGuide.com touched base with LaPaglia as he wrapped up on shooting the series' fifth season.

TVGuide.com: Without a Trace recently aired its 100th episode. How did you guys celebrate?
    LaPaglia: We just kept working. It does give you a sense of accomplishment, though. There's a lot of work that goes into the show, and I'm really fortunate. We have a great cast and a great crew, and there's no E! True Hollywood Story yet. There's no, "In Year 2, the cracks started to appear.... " We all get along great, and that makes it fun to go to work.

TVGuide.com: How do you account for the show's success?
    LaPaglia: I have no idea. I really don't know. If I was pushed into an answer, I would say that it's because it doesn't start with a dead body. So as an audience member, you get to go along on the journey with the FBI agents. We're not working backwards. We also try really hard to assume the audience is not dumb. We let an audience use their own intuitive skills to figure out what's going on. We don't pander to the lowest common denominator.

TVGuide.com: Is that also what keeps you coming back season after season?
    LaPaglia: Seems to be. My favorite saying is, "I'm riding this surfboard until it hits the sand." I really enjoy doing it. A good friend of mine said to me a long time ago, "Hollywood is littered with the skulls of actors who thought they were too good for TV." I definitely don't want to be one of those skulls.

Procedural fans, pick up the Dec. 11 TV Guide for scoop on CBS' red-hot Criminal Minds.

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Just a little over 100 episodes so far? Okay, LaPaglia, quit your partying and get back to work. (Just kidding. It's a great show.)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was excellent again... the basketball kid. who saw the girls rape, and tried to rectify it!! and got the crap beat out of him, for trying to do the right thing. and how sad she lost the baby, and Jack's so caring and so compassionate, with her. I cried. he's so good, you can feel his pain :( another riveting ep.

9. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

I really like this show.. I don't give my opinion about the epi cause I have'nt watch it.. here in Panama we're behind.. so I wanna ask if there is something going on again between sam and martin??

10. Destiny

Yeah there is they get involved (most takes place off screen except for a couple instances such as tension at work, or sitting on the steps first thing in the morning. Thing is Sam doesn't want to reveal the relationship and Martin does, which is why that relationship won't last long.

I don't want to give away to much but if your a Martin/Sam fan then I thought it best to warn ya. :)

11. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I was glad to see that kid trying to do the right thing.

12. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Yes I am!
    But I mean in this current season.. there is something go on again.,? cuz what you just told me it's about last season.. :confused:

13. Destiny

Sorry you meant season 5, I must have been confused I thought you were in a different season, In season 5 no they are no longer together, just friends.

14. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

oh thanks..
    I am behind but it's just from some epis I mean when is USA are like about 5.08 here we're like 5.05 epi..but I am watching season five.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^The right thing would have been stopping his friend of raping the girl,after that it was too late...

It's a pity Jack and Anne lost the baby,it would have been so sweet if they had had a child together. :(

Why Anne left the appartament at the end of the episode?They're still a couple,right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.