WISHLIST FOR SEASON 4!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Axatullux, May 6, 2007.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*pets the newbie* Aw, I like you already! ;)

2. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Adam amuses me, he is always fun to watch. Lab Geeks all the way.

3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

amen to that

4. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Already posted in the Generl TV thread but we have a S4 of NY. I'm sooooooooo happy. Just wanted to share it.

5. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yeah, I just checked the whole CBS schedule over at the Futon Critic. I really had no doubt about that but it's good to know it's official. :D

6. Lozza

Lozza Victim

Hmmm. Where to start with my wishlist for season 4. So many places to start so here goes.

Flack/Hawkes: Like many people who have already posted in this thread, I'd love to see these two characters have a lot more screentime. I know Flack is pretty much in the thick of it as he usually working with both of the investigating teams at the same time; but there's hardly any Flack-centric stories in any of the seasons with the exception of The Fall and Charge of this Post. So I'd hope that next season we see at least two or three episodes in which Flack has a storyline of his very own, each tying in with each other (as with Stella's recent storyline). I'd like to see it involve something to do with his father or someone from his past.

As for Hawkes, well the guy got out of the morgue to go into the field, but we don't often see him out in the field. When Hill Harper does get screentime, he's usually working in the lab following up evidence for other memebers of the team. Let's go back a season and get him more involved with the crime scenes a la season 2. Hawkes probably had more screen time in season 1 and 2 than he's had all season 3. I'd also like to see more backstory on him too. I know we've already seen how he ended up working at the ME's office after his story came out in Here's To You Mrs Azrael - but I'd like to see his character explored further and delve into why he wanted to become a doctor in the first place.

Danny - Well like everyone here I'd love to see some more backstory on Danny and I'd like to see some glimpses of the old hot headed man we all know and love. I want Louie to have come out of the damn coma or him to at least be acknowledged if he has died/got serious brain damage/similar (*delete as applicable). We know that he was involved in Tanglewood and Danny was implicated in the cold case from 91, but let's go further back and see how connected Danny's father was and how this influenced Louie and Danny's childhood and the choices they made.

As for his connection with Lindsey, well I'm still open to the idea of them being a couple but let's not have it thrown in our faces in every single ep. I'd like to see it being well written and not end up like Talia and Eric in Miami, talking about a pregnancy scare at the elevator.

Funnily enough myself and one of the other girls over at Carmine's Crew were talking about some spoilers for the season finale and I happened to mention about the return of Cindy complete with a child. We likened it to end up like Three Men and a Little Baby, but with funnier Dannyesque consequences.

Personally, I could see a blast from the past in the form of a son or daughter turning up and putting a spanner in the works for Danny, not just with Lindsey but professionally. If this was to ever happen, the continuity fairies would have to work their bums off to get the timeline right cause I would figure Danny to be about thirty-three which to have a fourteen/fifteen/sixteen year old child would make him to be around eighteen. It could be interesting... especially if he/she is involved in a scene that the team is working.

I would also like to see Danny get back on the promotion grid and move up a level so he could pretty much be on par with Mac and Stella.

Lindsey: Well what can I say. Please writers, give Anna some juicier stuff to work with rather than keeping her character as a sniffling mess. I really liked Lindsey when she first came into the show, she was so eager to learn from Mac (during the ink/link with the pig) and the girl could hold her own. But with the start of season 3, they've pretty much shipped her off with Danny and made her weak. So, I would like to see her get back her fiesty, firey self. I want more backstory as to why she became a CSI. Not just the fact that she witnessed her friends being murdered at fourteen. I would imagine that this incident drove her towards her chosen career, but let's see it. I wanna see Lindsey have some great storylines too. I'd like to see her get reprimanded for a mistake a la Danny or Aiden.

Stella: I agree let's stop making her out to be the victim. Let's give her that kick ass girl power she had back in season 1's Officer Blue and let's see her explore her past some more. We know she's been in the system and that she was fostered. Maybe we could have some story as to what happened to her real parents? Was she abandoned or did they die? If the idea behind her HIV storyline in recent eppies has been done to make her start living her life to the full I want to see Stella get into the thick of things, wading in into protentially hostile situations and grabbing the bull by the horns to resolve the problem.

Mac: Hmmm... toughie. I like Mac, I don't really find fault, but I was let down by last weeks episode and the let down of the internal trial. Like with Danny I would like to see some more backstory on him - particularly his relationship with Danny and Stella. I would like to see more of a relationship between him and Reed develop - maybe having Reed become jealous of his relationship with Danny thus delving back into the past and why he was advised not to hire him. I like the relationship with Peyton, so I'd like to see this evolve, but again not pushed to the forefront of the show.

Adam, Sid and Peyton: I would love to see Adam get out into the field and do more than he's doing now. I think he'd eventually end up doing a Greg and becoming a CSI anyways, so the sooner the better. As for Sid and Peyton, I think he needs to get out of the morgue more and Peyton needs to have some backstory too. Other than her relationship with Mac and Hawkes, we know she used to teach at Columbia - so again with a backstory as to how she ended up working at the ME's office.

I'd also like to see a cross over with LV seeing as they've already done two with Miami. It would be interesing to see both teams working on an interconnected case and have Mac and Grissom's brains working as one.

7. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Lozza, it's about time you got your butt over here! :lol: :lol: That was hilarious, though. Welcome aboard, sister!

S4: I want LOUIE, darn it! Come on. Last we heard, he was in a coma. Is he out of the coma? Is he dead? Is he in a permanent vegetative state? Does Danny go visit him? You all know I'm into D/L. However, they show Danny flying to Montana for Lindsay, but they don't show one scene of Danny driving or taking the subway to see Louie?! What's up with that? :mad:

Hawkes and Flack deserve more screen time. I want to see them involved in a more integral way. They've been reduced to set dressing lately, and that's not cool.

I wish they'd bump Robert Joy and AJ Buckley up to the full credits status of "regular". They're on nearly every episode, and what would NY be without Hammerback and Adam?

I like Lindsay, but I wish they'd return her to the knife-wielding, suspect-tackling woman we saw in her first episode. I don't like the fact that she's been reduced to an emotional spaz. Come on: bring back the tough-cookie Lindsay.

8. Lozza

Lozza Victim

Hehe. Y'know that saying, 'God is watching?' Well that's me. :lol:

I can't understand why they already haven't done this already. They added Robert David Hall and Eric Szmanda to the main titles after the second season of LV I believe and they've been around since day dot.

9. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

I'm gonna jump on the NY/LV Crossover bandwagon. Otherwise, the universe isn't fully connected.

10. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

A NY/LV crossover would totally kick! But I'd also settle with a Without A Trace crossover (very logical, no?) or a Simpson-ification of the NY crew. :lol:

As for the rest of my wish list, it's basically to please flesh out Flack, Hawkes, Sid, & Adam!!!!!

11. luvdatsho

luvdatsho Civilian

1. Flack needs a girl (Stella perhaps?) I think they're cute together, great chemistry.

2. Delete D/L it's so annoying

3. More Flack episodes

4. Less Lindsay

5. The story plots this year were great. I think next year they should have another continuation episode like, Raising Shane, that tied everything together.

12. Crying_Danny

Crying_Danny Hit and Run

My season 4 wish........

LOSE THE SHIRT ON MESSER!!!!!!!

13. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

- More Hawkes, definitely. The man is unjustifiably under-used in this show.

- Flack does need at least a moment that infers he has a life outside that suit of his. Chat about a date, or a hobby... Something - show him buying a fugly tie on his lunch hour... :p Maybe he gets called in from playing hockey in his spare time? (Isn't Eddie a hockey fanatic? I bet the man can skate...)

- Less internal politics and character-victimization type stuff. Get back out into the city! Find some nasty, weird crimes to solve. Keep the action and pace from the finale going too; add a little more of season one's edge and slightly absurd dark humour (when was the last time they had something like a rat eating a bullet in the show? Hawkes refusing to do a rat-opsy... That just killed me... :p)

I thought that S3, although it had ups and downs, really improved its standing among the three franchises. It for sure left Miami in the dust (er, swamps?) finale-wise. (Maybe they should have left Caruso out there too... "Look, H, a shiny pair of sunglasses, right there, go fetch *quick* let's GO!!") :devil:

Phrases like "young and current" scare me less after seeing Snow Day. If they can keep the standards that high while investigating crimes inspired by "the underground music scene, and on-line celebrities" then I have more hope than I used to for S4. :cool:

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

More Sid and Adam,much more !!!
    And more Super Flack scenes. :lol:

15. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Okay, season three is dead and done but....

WHERE THE HECK IS LOUIE?

Just one measly mention. That's it. Heck, if my brother's in a vegetative state, I'd be sure as hell be thinking/talking about him a lot. Grrr, you writers.

^I guess that's my number one wish for season 4. I knew that is yet another Danny-centric storyline but Danny Messer is the writers' favorite punching bag. They should be paying Carmine loads for that :lol: .