WISHLIST FOR SEASON 4!

-Louie. Enough said.

-Give us more backstory on Reed and Mac, or at least get Reed into the picture. Kyle is a great actor.

I think the 1st thing that has to be done for season 4 is NEW WRITERS!!! I love love CSI: NY but the writing this year has sucks. Its like nothing go form episode to episode. I mean Danny freaking flew to Montana and no one says ANYTHING about it?? Flack doesn’t make fun of him nothing??

I’d love to see a storyline about the Flack and the Messers. Like Flack dad has to come back into the precinct because Danny dad is arrested again and Don Flack Sr. has to deal with the case and we see that maybe Flack and Danny knew each other when they were kids, because of their Dads.

And I'd love love to see a storyline that involes a 3-way crossover. Get all three shows together, I think that would kick ass. I don't know how you do it but if they could get it to happen it could be amazing.

I just really hope they don’t lose any of the good people such as Adam (AJ Buckley) and Sid (Robert Joy) (who both deserve to be made regular cast members) or Reed, and Peyton.

I want to see another storyline with Mac and Stella.
Peyton go back in england!!
and so smack season like season 3!!!
And Danny come like he will are, pretty guy with a Lindsay.
I don't want to much D/L but I want to see them !!
And Flack, a don't know about he?!! he's so imprevisible
And slow down whith Hawkes, the season 3 it's call Hawkes's Season !!
sowl down whitn this caractere please!!
I just want to learne more about Mac Stella and danny

Faylinn said:Adam and Sid: More, just more. ;)
Agreed!

Of course, I want to know what happened to Louie. They can't just keep leaving us hanging like this (well, they can, but they shouldn't)

And mostly, I'd just like to have more background info on all the characters. They all have such interesting (or potentially interesting) stories. I'd like to know more.

My wishlist for season 4:

More Flack. There are times when he starts out on the show, and just disappears. I wish they would quit that.

Stella: hello, how about a more professional wardrobe? I'm not saying she always dresses badly, but some days I wonder about her choice of clothes for this job.

Danny: Resolution with Louie, and a return to season 2 Danny

Lindsay: Although they've already started, I liked season 2 Lindsay too. When she was not so serious and angsted out.

Sid needs to be added to the credits, he's a great part of the show.

In season 4, I'd like to see CSI: NY get some respect for its female characters and female audience.
They need to realize a few things:

It's possible to show vulnerability in a character without victimizing her.

It's possible to make a character independent and strong instead of needing a male character and romance to support her.

It's possible to assume female audiences want intelligent, strong and believable female characters to whom they can relate.

It’s possible to assume female audiences find male characters sexy and attractive because of what they offer emotionally and intellectually; not what they offer as romantic, gratuitous eye-candy.

And most importantly:

It’s possible that continuing to stereotype characters, situations and audiences will eventually damage CSI: NY beyond repair.

PerfectAnomaly said:
In season 4, I'd like to see CSI: NY get some respect for its female characters and female audience.
They need to realize a few things:

It's possible to show vulnerability in a character without victimizing her.

It's possible to make a character independent and strong instead of needing a male character and romance to support her.

It's possible to assume female audiences want intelligent, strong and believable female characters to whom they can relate.

It’s possible to assume female audiences find male characters sexy and attractive because of what they offer emotionally and intellectually; not what they offer as romantic, gratuitous eye-candy.

And most importantly:

It’s possible that continuing to stereotype characters, situations and audiences will eventually damage CSI: NY beyond repair.

AMEN!

It saddens me when I think how wrong NY has gone with this, when they started out so strong. First season, Stella and Aiden were the strongest, most centered characters on the show. They weren't perfect, because then they wouldn't have been believable--Stella was a little too hard at times and Aiden was still finding her way as a CSI--but they absolutely were strong and capable and smart.

The writers seem gung-ho on making Stella a victim--"All Access" still pisses me off to no end. She acted out of character in that episode simply to set up the victimization scenario (which of course was overdone and overly violent).

Lindsay went from a woman who tackled suspects to a whining, sniveling character who needs a man to prop her up.

It's sad because in two years, NY did a complete about face. Stella is still strong, but I feel like the plotline with Frankie was purposefully intended to undercut her character and make her "weaker" so that she understands victims. But there already was a character who had been victimized--Danny (at least once that we know of)--who could have been set up to do that (and does seem to relate to the victims in some cases). But because Stella is a woman, she had to be made to relate to the victims, too. Same with Lindsay and every dead, young girl who comes into the morgue. :rolleyes:

I'll leave off there before I get too far into the rant ;) , but I really do hate what the writers have done with the female characters on this show, and I hope next season steps will be made to rectify that.

I agree with the part about the female characters. Of all 3 CSI shows, I think the only lead female character whom I personally think is consistently strong, stable and worthy of my admiration & respect (even if she's only fiction) is Calleigh on Miami. I simply don't think the writers for any of the CSI shows know how to write women very well, or believably.

MAC: Continue his relationship with Reed, and I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton staying too, I think both characters are very good for Mac. I don't want to see continuing fallout from Dobson, they already did that on the Vegas CSI (Grissom losing his team, Cath taking over) and I hated it then, & don't think I'd like it now, on NY. I would, however, like to see this whole experience make Mac a changed man in some ways; more empathetic, tolerant, not seeing things quite so black/white cut & dried, & acknowledging that yes, he is wrong once in awhile, and that's perfectly okay, dammit; it's human.

FLACK/HAWKES: More meaty storylines, please! I echo the desire to finally meet Flack's father, too.

STELLA: No More Victimization! I know the whole HIV storyline is supposed to be a launching pad for Stella taking more chances in life now (we saw evidence of that, last week) and that could be interesting, if done well.

DANNY: Please reverse the lobotomy somebody accidently performed on him, and give us our S1-2 Danny back!

LINDSAY: See the above. She started out strong when they introduced her, and then took a nosedive, never to return to her former self. Either keep her full time in the lab where she actually does well, or spend some quality time developing her before she appears onscreen next season.

ADAM/SID/PEYTON/ANGELL: More, please! Love these guys!

My hats off to you PerfectAnomaly I totally agree with you! I mean enough is enough!
There are enough victims on this show why oh why do we need to see our two main female actressess so victimized and so weak?
Lets hope the writers finally wake up to themselves and show two strong, capable and independent women able to stand on their own two feet.
I mean just look at the other female characters on the other two shows, sure they may have had their ups and downs but they are also very strong, confident and independent women.
Bring on ass kicking - get out of my face Stella and Lindsay I say!
Just on a side note I think Peyton is a welcome addition and I hope we see more of her next season.
Please oh Please make Robert Joy a main cast member for season four, I mean Al Robbins and Alexx Woods are cast members even Sheldon Hawkes from season one, its about time!

Amen to MBGrissom, first off.

So,

1) More NY related material. They set the series in NY for a reason, and sometimes the stories feel that, but for the substitution of a name, they could be happening anywhere.

2) Enough with persecution-based story-lines already. Everybody's been screwed over or attacked in some way. Please tell me the writers might be able to fashion ways to get to know the characters further and still give them meaty things to do without having to continually resort to thumbscrews.

3) More Sid. He's great. More Adam, and, I say, more Peyton. I like Peyton. (I like seeing Mac allowed to be human and have emotion other than anger and shouting at people). Reed? Okay, if handled well, and in small doses. Flack? I must have missed previous references to Flack's dad altogether; sounds interesting tho. Louie? Well, see notes on Messer.

4) Hey, Stella, Hawkes, Flack - do you guys have any hobbies or anything? Do you do anything outside the office? Will someone please give these people more life and depth? Flack, how's your scar doing? And, how come you're so now perpetually pissed off at the guy that saved your life? Can't they give you something more to do? I'd hate to see you recede into a cop type and that's it...

5) Less miserable Messer. More old-school Messer. He had a a bit of back story - so, what happened? Less D/L - apologies, but I just never felt they had enough edge to make that flirtation fun or believable or anything but really contrived.

6) Montana? Well, I thought she was an interesting element in the group initially; dunno what happened, but somthing ain't working too well there.

7) More of the spirit and crackle that was brought by the likes of Aiden and Det. Angell. Our gang look like they're all burning out. Give them back some verve and life.

So, overall, just less contrived/forced linear plot-lines. Change up the style of story-telling. Vegas had some really innovative approaches on some episodes. It was fun to know that it wasn't going to be formulaic every week.

Also, plotlines to get to know characters more don't have to be at the expense of the whole CSI slant of the show and solving crimes.

Use NYC more. Let these great people live and breathe in the city, love it, hate it, work there, play there, take it for granted, run away from it, run home to it, rediscover it, cope with it, deal with it, and with all the millions of people in it. Then write and tell us all about it. There's got to be lots of great stories just begging to be told about these people in the context of their environment.

And, damn it all, I'm gonna have to wait all summer for that to happen... Love the show, please keep it coming, and keep the standards high.

well to be serious.. more exciting episodes/ cases.. closure on what will happen to louie.. and more of mac's background..
i agree to give stella a chance to lead the team
and hopefully to see more danny messer on the plot..

DANNY - BRING BACK THE DANNY OF OLD PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!
HAWKES - JUST GIVE HIM MORE SCREENTIME AND SOME KIND OF BACKSTORY,
FLACK - SAME AS HAWKES,SCREENTIME AND BACKSTORY
STELLA - ENOUGH WITH THE LETS MAKE HER A VICTIM, SHE'S HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH, PLEASE NO MORE!!
LINDSAY - IF SHE'S ONLY ON THE SHOW AS A LOVE INTEREST THEN ANNA SERIOUSLY QUIT!! OTHERWISE TELL THE WRITERS TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING MORE THAN MAKING EYES AT DANNY, BRING BACK TOUGH, DON'T GET IN MY WAY LINDSAY
MAC - MORE OF THOSE BLACK WET SHIRTS (OK I'M GETTING MY HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER) - LIGHTER LIGHTER LIGHTER NOT SO SERIOUS MAC, (I WANNA SEE MORE OF MAC AND THE BAND)
SID - JUST PUT HIM ON THE DAMN CREDITS ALREADY - THIS SHOW NEEDS HIM
ADAM - KEEP HIM, I'M DEFINATELY WARMING TO HIM
PEYTON - SHE'S A WELCOME ADDITION I SAY MORE MORE MORE

I remember seeing an interview with Hill Harper at either the end of S1 or beginning of S2. He said the reason they moved Hawkes out of the morgue was fan reaction to the character. Fans wanted to see more of Hawkes. We've seen glimpses of Hawkes and his back story, but that's not enough. In S3 Hawkes has basically been MIA. We see him here and there working on a case, in the lab, etc., but we saw more of him when he was an ME than we do now. The one episode that should have shed more light on Hawkes and been a vehicle for Hill Harper was ruined by the inexplicable decision to pimp Carmine Giovinazzo as a fangirl pin-up boy. All of the commentaries about Hill Harper on the S1&2 DVDs are directors and writers praising what a talent Hill Harper is. How about TPTB actually use some of S4 to showcase that talent and make good on their decision to make Hawkes a CSI so fans can see more of him.

I would like to know more about the characters, but just a little: no main storylines about private lives, please. They just need to mention some things about the characters in conversations, so it stays funny.
I'd like to see Danny and Lindsay together, but there doesn't have to be a main storyline about them. Adam and Sid need to become main characters, that Robert Joy is sometimes absolutely hilarious!

Back