William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome gilsgal and here's another cast member raving and missing him too, Eric in Monte Carlo just recently, what a darling guy he is, so happy and upbeat and loves his peeps, if you want to read parts 2 & 3, I posted them in the Missing Grissom thread, this is only part one. He discusses Billy alot
jb.png

ERIC TALKING

On the weekend, I found the links you posted in Missing Grissom. Eric is a real sweetie. Thanks for reposting the link of Eric talking about Billy. It seems that Billy had a great influence on many people re: having creative control etc. I think that's a good thing for actors to have...as long as they are not Divas about it.

Add me to that long, long queue of ladies who want to play air hockey with Billy. I'd try and queue jump, but I'd end up flat on my back, slipping in the copious puddles of drool left by the other women... :adore:

I saw that video in my office at school. The things went on in my head with 11-16 year olds that close! Lordy Lord!! :evil:

Those jeans are fantastic! PHWOAR!!!

If he looks like that in 'Blackbird,' I'm going to be a very happy girl!

GILSGAL QUOTE-
'I know I'm going to be a basket case on our drive to Chicago. I mean I'm so excited NOW...lol. '

You only have a drive - we have a three hour airport wait then and eight hour plane journey! I'll be bouncing off the walls - while being scowled at by PLG to behave on the plane!!

GILSGAL QUOTE-
'And I perfectly sympathize with you Crim. We're in the 3rd row, and I know the theater is small. My friend and I worry about scaring Billy with our excessive, blatant drooling, that we might not be able to disguise...;)'

Thank God I'm not the only one worrying about this! I'm having nightmares about gasping out loud when he arrives on stage! I'm so nervous for me and him! I'll need counselling after all this!

And the Cubs tickets have arrived after another phone saga. But all's well. We're in Wrigley for the Cubs V Cincinatti (is that spelled correctly? Sorry if not.)

Well as you know britfan, I have a LONG drive ahead of me. Chicago is over 9 hours from where I live, so I will definitely have time to work myself up into a frenzy....LOL :p

As for worrying about embarassing Billy and yourself...I so understand. Of course I also have a husband and 3 other non-Billy fanatic friends, hearing me gasp...seeing me drool, to worry about. :wtf:
At least I have 1 friend coming with me who is as obsessed about Billy as I am.

You'll have to let us know how the play was et al. We'll be looking for your review.. :)

Thank God I'm not the only one worrying about this! I'm having nightmares about gasping out loud when he arrives on stage! I'm so nervous for me and him! I'll need counselling after all this!

And the Cubs tickets have arrived after another phone saga. But all's well. We're in Wrigley for the Cubs V Cincinatti (is that spelled correctly? Sorry if not.)

Ya know, funny you mention the nervous thing - I thought I'd be really nervous seeing him on stage - and the reason I thought that - was cos I was worried he'd fec up his lines :lol: So it was him I was nervous for, very very odd!

BUT, on the evening of the play I was totally un-nervous (is that even a word :confused: ). And the odd thing is, even though you realise that he is there on stage just a few feet away, it just seems REALLY normal, like it's a regular thing to see one of the most famous actors on TV there on stage in a tiny theatre.

I tell ya what DID make me nervous though - when he did the after show talk, he turned the chair he was sat on around, and he was CONSTANTLY leaning back balancing on the two back legs of the chair. I swear I was just waiting for him to go flying on his arse :lol: THAT made me more nervous than the damn play!

I'm seeing the first preview of Blackbird though, that could be nerve-wracking for him, and with previews I guess you have to expect mistakes.

Glad the Cubbies tickets arrived!

Cross-Town Classic tonight at wrigley, GOOOOOOOOOOO CUBBIES!

I tell ya what DID make me nervous though - when he did the after show talk, he turned the chair he was sat on around, and he was CONSTANTLY leaning back balancing on the two back legs of the chair. I swear I was just waiting for him to go flying on his arse :lol: THAT made me more nervous than the damn play!
Wow! Please tell us what the post-show talk was like with Billy! I didn't know he did any of those! Did everyone at the play go for it? I bet there was a moderator (who probably said "NO CSI QUESTIONS!!") and it was a pretty short period right? Still, sounds fantastic!

Yeah, I'm not sure how many of these after show talks he did. I know he didn't do 'em early in the run.

I saw Dublin Carol quite late in the run, so I guess he maybe did a few at this time.

They didn't say anything re questions before it started. I think by this time they pressumed it'd maybe be a more local audience?? There was no sort of vibe there that people would actually ask anything that wasnt to do with the play!

It was him and Stephen Louis Grush, and some other dude (someone to do with Steppenwolf, I really can't rememeber who!!). This dude started the thing off, saying that both actors would be out after they changed, Stephen Grush came out first, and answered a few questions. Then Billy ambles out to applause, which he instantly hushes up with a few wafts of his arms. :lol:

He was very chatty, very open, it was basially ALL talk about Dublin Carol - about the characters, how they though what happened with the daughter, about the accents, about Dublin and Ireland and alchohol (LOL!) etc. The other actor gave away a few of Billy's foibles - ie the fact he likes arriving early at the theatre and ALWAYS goes around the set making sure everything in place, and that he has this habit of lifting up props and placing them down again (which Billy kindly gave a demonstration of :lol:). He was there for the duration, must have been at least half an hour.

Not everyone stayed for it - I'd say maybe half the audience? Of course, they made no announcment that he'd be doing the talk, I'm sure if they had, everyone would have stayed.

Thank's gilsgal He was a mass influence on all his cast mates , all of them have said something at one time or another about missing him. Nice to be so popular, it could have been the opposite. That they're all doing many things in their own lives, but still manage to fly to Chicago to see him. Great bond had by all
jb.png
some news about "BLACKBIRD" for all of you who are lucky enough to go see him:bolian:

http://news.billypetersen.com/

^^ wow, thanks very much for sharing the experience, GameFace! Did you get a chance to ask any questions? Must be the coolest thing ever, getting Billy's full attention on you and your question for all of 10 seconds! Did they have to end off quick, or did everyone seem to get their questions answered to their hearts' content?

Sounds really cool that the audience was really into the intimacy of Dublin Carol and not a CSI nut like meself!

narr, I didn't ask anything, I don't have the confidence to speak out publicly in front of a bunch of strangers like that.

All questions where answered, no rushing at all! It did seem mainly a 'theatre audience', so yeah, not a CSI one as it where! Someone sat in front of me was obviously a 'Billy fan' rather than a theatre fan, but other than that, you kinda got the impression it was a lot of Chicagoans going for a night out at the theatre!

Thank's gilsgal He was a mass influence on all his cast mates , all of them have said something at one time or another about missing him. Nice to be so popular, it could have been the opposite. That they're all doing many things in their own lives, but still manage to fly to Chicago to see him. Great bond had by all
jb.png
some news about "BLACKBIRD" for all of you who are lucky enough to go see him:bolian:

http://news.billypetersen.com/

Thanks for the link to more news Des!!

I thought it was great that Eric went out to see Billy in Dublin Carol, and that he's planning on going to see Billy in Blackbird.

Yeah, I'm not sure how many of these after show talks he did. I know he didn't do 'em early in the run.

I saw Dublin Carol quite late in the run, so I guess he maybe did a few at this time.

They didn't say anything re questions before it started. I think by this time they pressumed it'd maybe be a more local audience?? There was no sort of vibe there that people would actually ask anything that wasnt to do with the play!

It was him and Stephen Louis Grush, and some other dude (someone to do with Steppenwolf, I really can't rememeber who!!). This dude started the thing off, saying that both actors would be out after they changed, Stephen Grush came out first, and answered a few questions. Then Billy ambles out to applause, which he instantly hushes up with a few wafts of his arms. :lol:

He was very chatty, very open, it was basially ALL talk about Dublin Carol - about the characters, how they though what happened with the daughter, about the accents, about Dublin and Ireland and alchohol (LOL!) etc. The other actor gave away a few of Billy's foibles - ie the fact he likes arriving early at the theatre and ALWAYS goes around the set making sure everything in place, and that he has this habit of lifting up props and placing them down again (which Billy kindly gave a demonstration of :lol:). He was there for the duration, must have been at least half an hour.

Not everyone stayed for it - I'd say maybe half the audience? Of course, they made no announcment that he'd be doing the talk, I'm sure if they had, everyone would have stayed.

That is so great britfan!!! What a wonderful experience to have.
I'm going to see the play later in it's run, so hopefully Billy will do a Q&A by then. That would just be the icing on the cake for me I think. :luvlove:

Ya know, funny you mention the nervous thing - I thought I'd be really nervous seeing him on stage - and the reason I thought that - was cos I was worried he'd fec up his lines :lol: So it was him I was nervous for, very very odd!

That's part of my nervousness. But he's a pro and can improvise himself out of a hole.

But I'm also nervous about how nervous he's getting. I'm a wreck before any performance. And it's usually in our school theatre these days - which holds more seats than the Biograph! How weird is that?? I'm usually outside the back, pacing about, fighting the urge to chuck up and wee myself!! And that's only for a concert I'm playing in or the production I direct and play in. Those feelings of nerves are hideous. But again, he'll have coping strategies I suppose.

So I'll have to neck a few beers in the bar - PLG can help with that!

And if he's leaning on the back legs of his chair, I'll go into teacher mode, snap my fingers and tell him that chairs have four legs so use them! Down!

LOL!

And you have a NINE hour drive, Gilsgal?? Blimey! At least we'll have bar service!

And you have a NINE hour drive, Gilsgal?? Blimey! At least we'll have bar service!

Yes, it will be a long drive...and definitely NO bar service!!! :scream: That will happen after we get settled for the night...then watch out...lol

Billy is worth all the pain of cramped legs and a crowded van. (there are 6 of us going) :luvlove:

That's part of my nervousness. But he's a pro and can improvise himself out of a hole.

But I'm also nervous about how nervous he's getting. I'm a wreck before any performance. And it's usually in our school theatre these days - which holds more seats than the Biograph! How weird is that?? I'm usually outside the back, pacing about, fighting the urge to chuck up and wee myself!! And that's only for a concert I'm playing in or the production I direct and play in. Those feelings of nerves are hideous. But again, he'll have coping strategies I suppose.

So I'll have to neck a few beers in the bar - PLG can help with that!

And if he's leaning on the back legs of his chair, I'll go into teacher mode, snap my fingers and tell him that chairs have four legs so use them! Down!

LOL!

Try not to wee yourself the night you go to see Billy :lol:

I tell ya, going to see the first preview might not be a good idea, cos really, the actors have got to be especially nervous that night right? :eek: I think I will be scared for him that evening.

There are loads of bars right by the theatre - you'll be fine for getting a few scoops before venturing to the play Britters :D

Try not to wee yourself the night you go to see Billy :lol:

I tell ya, going to see the first preview might not be a good idea, cos really, the actors have got to be especially nervous that night right? :eek: I think I will be scared for him that evening.

There are loads of bars right by the theatre - you'll be fine for getting a few scoops before venturing to the play Britters :D

HA!

I'll probably have a couple of panic attacks (Bestie those are fun ;p) beforehand...just because I have HORRIBLE stage fright, and the thought of even being onstage in front of ANYONE scares the everliving crap out of me...so I tend to transfer that fear to other people, and so when I know Billy is going to be onstage in front of people, I will probably take that personally (is anyone following this??) and FLIP out...AHH it's making my hands sweat right now thinking about it! And of course, if we happen to meet the man face-to-face, I'll probably have another one...I'm gonna have to medicate myself! LOL

ANYWAYS, I'm sure he'll do fine..although (uh oh, I'm feeding the frenzy here) I did read or hear somewhere that he had some panic attacks just during rehearsals for Dublin Carol... but I keep telling myself he'll survive this one.

yeah he mentioned the panic attack thing in an interview, it was late in the rehearsals for when it was at Providence, . I guess after 10 years away from the stage, it must have been so stressful for him!

I was reading about Blackbird on the Victory Gardens Facebook page, and that it's a very wordy play with just 2 actors constantly on stage, it must be a damn hard one to learn and get right!

yeah he mentioned the panic attack thing in an interview, it was late in the rehearsals for when it was at Providence
Really?! I don't remember hearing about that....course, like you said, it must have been stressful/nerve racking getting back in front of a live audience after ten years of being on a closed set, so to speak.

Amb, you can just transfer that fear to me instead of Billy. He'll probably have enough of his own.:lol: I've done a few plays (nothing major, just local stuff) so I kind of know about the nerves thing, but once you get into the play/character, the last thing on your mind is who's watching you.

I decided to buy the book of the play and to those that are going to see him (Lucky You!), the whole play is very dark and maybe he won't be very happy afterwards or seeing all the fans will get him out of the dark place he's been in during the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back