Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Lindsay made a half-hearted attempt to talk to Danny; compare it to how he made several efforts to talk to her in "Love Run Cold" to figure out what was up with her and why she stood him up. And then, when she walked away from him, he called after her to say that if she needed anything he was there. That's a great example of showing the right amount of support--trying, but recognizing enough to let someone walk away when they need their space.

I get that Lindsay isn't "good at this kind of thing," but I think it's also fair to say she didn't try very hard to be there for Danny. Lindsay doesn't ever really seem able to put herself aside for Danny, and I do wonder if her selfishness is going to have some sort of negative effect on their relationship.

I do think I understand her more after seeing that scene with Mac, but I also think she just doesn't seem to be able to put Danny first above her own shortcomings, and with someone as emotional and needy as Danny, that could be a problem in the long run.

2. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

I haven't seen any of season 4 yet, but from all the stuff in the last few pages about this episode, I think if the writers were wanting us to actually like the character, or at least tolerate her, all they needed to do was to write in something along the lines of

"Hey Danny, take care, later, yeah!"

Even someone who's supposed to be so stilted and not good at any of the messy emotional stuff, I'm sure could have rattled out that line. Even if it was said with Lindsey staring at the floor uncomfortably, it would have been something.

3. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Ok, I didn't want to admit this... but here it goes. She really is selfish and the more I watch this season the less I like her. I do like the whole Danny and Lindsay story it gives her something, but that whole "Im not good at this" thing pissed me off, I was yelling at the TV, "THen just don't say anything!" But no, Mac gave the worst advice ever! He's kind of selfish too. If you're not good at that kind of situation then just be there for them, don't make it about yourself! Stupid stupid woman. [shakes head]

4. Phobia

Phobia Hit and Run

She always tries to show off. To show the others she`s the best, the smartest and that she can look after herself. There`s almost nothing wrong except the thing i dunno what`ll happen between her and Danny. :)

5. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Okay, without the Danny/Lindsey thing.... Lindsey has nothing. That is practically the only thing that keeps her character afloat. And even that is slowly disappearing.

And she's is really selfish. Even in the moments where it should be about Danny, she goes on saying "I'm not good at this."

Duh, Captain Obvious.

6. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

^ The most obvious example of how the show can afford to do without Lindsay was the few episodes last season when Anna was off on maternity leave. :lol:

Are Danny and Lindsay even really together? If they are, they must not be expressing their feelings very well. :rolleyes: Because I am certainly not seeing a hint of a relationship between them.

I gotta admit, I chuckled a little when Lindsay came by the morgue and Danny just waved her off and walked away. :eek:

7. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Maybe..... in Lindsey's POV, they have something. And for Danny's -- they don't have anything. Idk.

The writers do have problems with continuity whether they have reasons for that or not. But for them to practically drop a storyline they spend almost 2 seasons establishing... very strange.

8. Distraction

Distraction Prime Suspect

Hey guys! I don't like Lindsay. At all. So I figured this would be a good place to post, no? :)

I feel she doesn't do anything for the show. No emotions, no fun, no anything. It seems like her only role at the moment is that of Danny's lover, and he doesn't even seem to like her. So uncomfortable in their moments together. Oh the uneasiness.

I can't stand her, and there are loads of other reasons, but that's my opening post.

Hi, I'm Distraction, and whenever Lindsay gets on I get terribly distracted with anything other than watching her.
    Either that, or I watch her so I can rant about her later.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

^Well, she does have one emotion. Or rather facial expression.

And that would be Ms. Scrunchy Face.

But yes, I do agree. She brings absolutely nothing to the show. I would rather the show jump-the-shark and bring Aiden back from the dead (I know, horrible) and kick Anna off the show and have Vanessa stay. Alas, I don't see it happening. :eek:

Welcome to the board, Distraction!

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Man, you just know things have reached a new level when distraction itself says it'd rather get distracted than watch Lindsay. :lol: ;)

But seriously, feel free to share your other reasons with us! We are always curious to know what kind of reactions Lindsay elicits in viewers and why. It is rather sad that a character on the main cast can only be best described as another main character's hook up, isn't it? And you're not the only one who sees the uneasiness and that Danny seems so uncomfortable with her most of the time.

Lindsay's ruined the word scrunchy for me. :lol: She's also ruined the name Montana for me too, as well as cows and the word moo. I'm just glad I have real friends from Montana who are more than happy to show me that real Montana folk are nothing like Lindsay at all. And cows are still cute to me. Until they try to land a cowpie on you anyway.

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

That sounds like a horribly boring children's toy. The only thing you can actually change on it would be the length of her hair. You can change parts of the face too, but the pieces you replace them with are exactly the same. :p

12. Distraction

Distraction Prime Suspect

I love you guys already, you're hilarious! -laughsmile-

There are many thing bothering me with Lindsay. First off, she's so selfish, as I think you already said. Constantly doing things to get praise, it seems, like a dog or something. So in reality, Danny's got to take his dog on a date. No wonder he don't know what to do with himself.
    There are many things about her that irks me, things I never really remember, but whenever I see/hear them the feelings get stored in my "Lindsayfails"-folder in the back of my brain. I'll get back to you when CSI: NY starts airing again, there's a break in everything for christmas.

On another note - Kimmychu, I LOVE your banner!

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome Distration! :) And I'm in the same boat too--what is it about Lindsay blabbering on and on about some obscure fact that makes it hard to concentrate? When Adam or Hawkes does it, it's fun. But there's something about Lindsay's voice that's so unpleasant and grating that I just tune out.

The selfishness makes her so hard to like, but I guess at least it's a character trait. :lol:

Remember those kids books? Little Miss Sunshine and Little Miss Happy and Little Mr. Grouchy? Hers would definitely be Little Miss Scrunch Face. :lol:

14. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

:lol:

I have to agree. When Calleigh's on screen in Miami, I look up and take notice, when Warricks on in LV, I look up; when Lindsay's on screen, I look away.

I can't explain it, it's not even deliberate.

I can't stand flat acting, and flat is all I see. I review theatre sometimes and the one thing that I tend to focus most on is performance, character and personality. Lindsay? Get some.

15. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I never run out of saying how much I loathe Lindsey Monroe. :lol: My only worry now is that they try to salvage her by turning Danny into the jerk of the relationship. I hope they don’t play the ‘Poor, naïve farm girl’ card and have Danny just use her for no strings attached activities. You know, have her have deeper feelings for him because women tend to mistake sex for love and men don’t, from what I hear. :rolleyes: That would actually make me stop watching the show. :mad: At this point, where can you go to save the character and get people to like/accept her?

I think she’s beyond repair. They gave Anna Belknap the ball and she just couldn’t deliver. It’s too late for this new phase of the character. Her exclaiming “Cool!” and “No way!” don’t make me like her. Her reverting back to being youthful, especially with that haircut, isn’t going to do it. Especially after they introduced her as a CSI who was no nonsense and focused. She's a shadow of her former self now.

I hate to sound like a stubborn ol’ meanie, but it’s about time to throw in the towel on this one. They gave it the old college try, but she just doesn’t measure up to the rest of the cast. So, they should stop giving her AJ Buckley’s lines all ready and move on. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.