Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I saw that scene differently. I thought it was a rare show of concern for someone other than herself. By saying, "I'm not very good at this kind of thing," I thought she was aknowledging her past and S3 behavior and showing she really wanted to help Danny but didn't know how. What I hated was the decision to have Lindsay have that one brief moment of concern and then act as if nothing was unusual the rest of the episode. I actually liked AB's performance, and taken seperately from the morgue scene I liked the banter with Flack. TPTB should've either left out the scene with Mac or had her behave differently the rest of the episode. To do both was just stupid and I think undercut the actress and the character. If they're doing that, they should just get rid of her.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I applaud you, Joanne. :D (and yes, you're not seeing things. I'm posting ;))

Nobody is any good at it knowing what to say when somebody close like that dies so there really was no reason for her to act like that. I believe she was only thinking of herself, as usual. What gets me is that she's a CSI and she's done this job for what...5 years or so and she still so damn awkward with things like this. I believe she needs a career change or not allowed out of the lab.

From what I can tell, Lindsay has been portrayed as selfish and self-centered since Snow Day. She doesn't care about Danny. She only cares about herself. Hopefully, Danny will get his head out of his butt and see her for what she truly is.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm kind of in the middle. No, Lindsay should not have been focusing on herself and how she's "bad with this kind of thing" in that moment. But watching her and Mac together made me realize they're both emotional morons. They don't know how to comfort someone like Danny, who is so open about his emotions and vulnerable and wounded.

Lindsay's wrong not to try, and Mac's advice was bad. Both Mac and Lindsay do need to realize it's not all about them and need to learn how to be there for other people. But I think if she'd asked Stella or Hawkes or Flack, she would have gotten a different answer--something along the lines of needing to reach out to Danny and try to be there for him, and suggestions on how to comfort him.

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, she's self-involved, but I don't think she realizes she is, and probably doesn't intend to be that way. That scene made me understand her better, even if I didn't necessarily like her more after it.

4. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Personally it bothered me when the next time we saw her after she talked to Mac she acted like noting happened at all. A complete 180. I mean I know she has a job to do right then and their. But really? Do you have no heart at all? This didn't just happen to any old colleague that you say hi to every once in a while when you walk past them in the hall. Is this not supposedly the man you're in luv/bumping uglies with?????

5. Top41

Someone in another thread (I think it was Carrieattheprom) mentioned that the scene with Mac felt like set up for Lindsay to go to Danny at the end and offer him comfort. I kind of thought that, too, and while I'm glad it didn't end up playing out that way (I thought the ending at the church was much better), it did make it seem like she decided, "Oh well, Danny blew me off so I'm not going to make an effort." It is interesting that Lindsay doesn't seem to be someone he wants to turn to for comfort, so maybe instinctually he knows she's as bad at giving it as she says she is.

She did seem to sideline the issue for the rest of the episode. It would have been nice to see a scene with her telling Stella and Flack about what happened, but then there would have been a Flack-shaped hole in the door at Laughing Larry's when he went to see how Danny was. ;)

6. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

lol, that would have been amazing =] I was waiting for a Flack running to Danny's side scene all throughout the episode, and was very disapointed not to see one =[ I think they've really dropped the ball multiple times during these past few seasons, really ever since On the Job, with the Danny/Flack friendship. Flack was the only one Danny trusted throughout the whole ordeal, the only one he turned to for advice on anything. We didn't see this again in RSRD or Child's Play...which is very odd to me, seeing as in both Danny was going through an intense emotional ordeal, and not consulting or even telling your knight in shining armor doesn't make sense. A Flack/Danny scene would have fit in perfectally anywhere in this ep...if only if only :rolleyes:

But back to Lindsay...Maybe if she had been a better character throughout the show and more developed and NOT so self involved in a million other episodes, her line "I don't know what to do" or "say" or whichever it was, might have been taken as out of concern for Danny. But her past performance, IMO, made it for sure sound to me like the first thing she thought of was herself. If after being in a relationship with Danny for that long of a time and not being able to support him emotionally, what purpose is she serving as his supposed girlfriend? She shouldn't have to be asking Mac for emotional advice on this after that long of a time...if anything, she should just have been there for Danny by his side...not even having to say a word.

I guess i can see where the writers were trying to go, maybe like refering back to the fact that "she isnt good with mothers", or "giving bad news"...but it certainly didn't come off that way. If this relationship is supposedly still going on, why wasn't there any scene of her discussing it later, or confronting Danny or comforting him? If one of the main characters going through an emotional trauma is dating another main character in a supposedly serious relationship, you'd think their interactions would be at the forefront of the episode, or at least in a scene or two...

7. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

- Like you say, nobody is any good at it so there really was no reason for her to act like that. And when Danny didn't stayed to play her game, she turn to Mac.
    - She had to say that she is not good with this kind of things. She probably doesn't wanna be so selfish and self-centered , but she still is.
    - She's doing this job, but she has a problem, but only sometimes, with mothers, kids that got shot, blood.. She really should not leave the lab anymore.

What got my atention is how well she was after knowing the hell Danny was going through. An hour after seeing him like that, and claiming she is affected by his pain, and she doesn't know what to do or say, she is making jokes and laughing. :rolleyes:

Know what's funny? In All Access she made that scene while on the job, because ZOMG she was sooo worried about Stella. Stella, who she knew for a few months, was her boss, not a best friend. The evil Lindsay haters said that she was selfish and self-centered, she didn't really cared about Stella, and she was just trying to manipulate Danny and make it all about her. But we're evil like that. :rolleyes:

Now, the one who was in pain was Danny, aka - I wanna have u'r babies - her true love for ever and ever and all eternity - :rolleyes: Yet, she seemed to be just fine. Inconsistent, much?

Well, not really. U see, the difference between then and now, is that Danny was watching her then, not watching her now. This proves that she doesn't & never did really cared about him, but it sure is nice to have someone as loyal as Danny being there for you. :rolleyes:

Lindsay is a lost cause. They need to give up on her and let her go instead of trying to fix her.

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I totally understand what you mean when i watched the scene i didn't see her as self centred but more the fact she actually didn't really know what to say, anyone in that situation would feel awkward, Mac probably wasn't the best person to ask.
    Bbut the being self involved and not realising is how i see it because she obviously wants to try but doesnt know how.

i like her character and anna but its all a bit mismatched.

9. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I didn't see her comment to Mac as being self-centered. Obviously anybody's going to have a difficult time figuring out what to say.

I'm terrible when people cry. It makes no difference what the reason is for their tears, I always freeze up. I feel like I *have* to say something to them, but I have no idea what, and I'm afraid of making things worse so I end up just standing there and making an akward attempt to pat them on the arm or whatever. And these are ususally loved ones too, like my parents. I actually was able to relate to Lindsay in that scene. I'm not sure how well the conversation between the two of them would have gone(I doubt it would have gone well) but I was expecting some kind of payoff after what felt like a set up.

That scene outside the comic shop was weird. I can't even be totally mad at Lindsay because Stella and Flack were yuking it up as well. It would have been a fun scene if it had come before the scene in the mourge, but placed where it was it made me feel very, very, uncomfortable. Definatly a case of blame lying with the writers/editors.

10. Top41

You know, putting it that way makes me wonder if she's using Danny to make herself feel better. He's a sweet guy who's always been there for her, he's sexy...but does she really care for him as a person? Her first reaction to him being so upset wasn't to run after him when he walked out but to turn to Mac and say, "I'm not good at this." And we never saw her approach him later. Just food for thought, but I wonder how deep her feelings for him really are, or if she's just using him for emotional support and sex.

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

True but if she and Danny are supposedly (I'm still not convinced no matter what TPTB say) together, she shouldn't feel the need to have to say anything at all. She could have just been there for him. A hug could have been enough. Words aren't always necessary and she should know that if she's that close to Danny. Why didn't she go after him? How could you be in love and just go on about your day like nothing terrible happened. Maybe she didn't know Danny was that close to Ruben. I have a feeling that Lindsay doesn't really know that much about Danny's personal life.

12. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I think right there is even more reason to question whether or not she has any deep feelings for Danny or if she's just using him. I mean does she really even know him?

She frustrates me.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

After Child's Play, I think it's really obvious that:

1. Lindsay has no idea how to connect to her supposed twu wub. Which pretty much tells us that it's not twu wub at all.

2. Danny has always been there for her during her bad times, but now that Danny is going through what is possibly his worst yet ... she isn't there for him. The significant thing is that she doesn't even bother going to see him again or even talk to him after that one brush off and after getting advice from Mac. AND she jokes around and laughs with Flack and Stella (who are most likely unaware of Danny's situation at the time) like nothing's wrong with Danny!

3. Her not knowing about Ruben or Rikki is a big sign that she doesn't know much about Danny's personal life, if anything. It's evident that Danny is close to Rikki and her son based on the way they banter and that Rikki would leave Ruben in his care, so if Danny and Lindsay are in such twu wub ... you'd think she'd know about Rikki and Ruben, wouldn't you?

I will have to agree that it seems Lindsay is only interested in Danny as a source of emotions and for sex. That is, if they even bothered doing it again since the pool table. :rolleyes:

14. Top41

^Come on, it's Danny. If she didn't hit that more than once, she really is the stupidest character on television. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Good point about her being unaware about Danny's personal life. And...it's obvious he wasn't up until 5:30am with her. :lol:

And, no, it doesn't seem like she made much effort to go after Danny, which if she really cared about him, she'd probably do. When you love someone, your own personal feelings of discomfort come second. But when has Lindsay ever put herself second to anyone else???

15. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Okay, let me get this straight. They were TOLD to bump accidentally? Er.... yeah. Yeah. *walks away scratching her head*

Channeling Simon Cowell, "She's just NOT likeable."

That is what Flack (and Stella, actually) is for. Mac's this uptight military man. We all saw how he just held Danny in RSRD rather awkwardly. And Lindsey? Since when did she show care for others?

OMG, her facial expression in that scene ("How can somebody do that?") is THE WORST EVER for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.