Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

GRAAAAYYHH, I sure hope TPTB doesn't go down this route either! :mad: It would just end up as another bad plot because, well ... the whole 'poor, naive farm girl' thing won't convince us one bit! Remember Snow Day, and Lindsay doing the whole 'pay up' act? Like hell we're going to pity her and think of her as some innocent, naive farm girl after that.

And turning Danny into the jerk will be a stupid move. :mad: So predictable and corny a storyline and, when you look back at how things unfolded for them from the time Lindsay joined the team ... I'd say Lindsay's done Danny wrong way more. So no, TPTB, not gonna convince us with the Danny-is-a-jerk notion either.

All I hope is that neither character gets blamed should the ship go down, but that's hella idealistic of me to think in regards to fandom. :p

To me, Lindsay became unsalvageable after episode 3x19, the court trial one. That was the one that slammed the judge's hammer down for me and convinced me 110% that Lindsay was absolutely flat and nada character-wise without Danny to prop her up. Ya know, nothing more than something to fill up that space on the main character cast so Stella isn't the only female CSI there. :rolleyes:

Oooo. :lol: Trust me, lotsa people agree with you on this one!

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I doubt Danny will be turned into a jerk. I think TPTB know they're out of sympathy points for Lindsay--having her basically admit she wasn't good at being there for other people was pretty blatant, I thought.

If anything, it could be Danny that's hurt because we haven't seen a lot of evidence that she cares about him beyond the bedroom. I got the sense in "Child's Play" that she felt obligated to say something to him, not because she's in love with him but because she's with him and that's part of the girlfriend obligations. Sex with Danny ain't free, I guess, and apparently costs more than $100. :lol: Time will tell if she really cares about him, but I don't think that it's a guarantee at this point. I'm still wondering if this will be where Danny finds out "she's not all he thought she'd be." ;)

Her lines would be much, much better delivered by AJ. :lol: :D

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Indeed--even if the Batmobile still pwns the Mach 5. ;) *is totally ignorant of these things, but I'll take y'all's word for it* :p

In all seriousness, a lack of Lindsay would give Hawkes more CSI screentime, and I think Hill is a worthy actor who deserves more attention than he gets. Plus, Hawkes is a great character and could be very interesting if they took the time to develop him more--and, in all honesty, he's an example of a great minority character that doesn't fall into stereotypes. His lack of a vagina is very unfortunate in these circumstances.

As for whether Lindsay really cares about Danny--I have just never felt any kind of investment in their relationship. It was rushed at points, ignored for chunks of time, pushed and forced and just generally done in a way that comes across as shoddy (due to a combination of factors). It's hard to fathom that the creative team that comes up with such fantastic and interesting characters (like Danny, Sid, Hawkes, Mac--the list goes on) can also pop out such a dud.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

OMG, I am so glad I wasn't drinking shandy when I read that line. :lol: I won't even start on the cracktastic image that popped into my head. :eek:

Exactly. This is the bit that always gets me and makes me look like: :confused: I think the writers had a very good and clear idea of the entire cast of characters long before the show aired on TV. You can tell how cohesive everything was in season one, including how the main cast fit together so well.

And then Vanessa Ferlito abruptly left the show and it kinda went downhill from there. Does anyone else wonder why Vanessa would leave a popular, primetime TV show so suddenly? The reason of, "I don't want to be committed," just seems so ... off.

5. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

EXACTO! It's all whiney and (in the words of Randy Jackson) pitchy. Plus, she tends to speak out in all the wrong times. Like when there's something suspenseful building up, she spoils it all with stating the obvious.

Danny is TPTB's punching bag. Every season, they torture the character in the worst ways imaginable, both physically and emotionally. Placing the blame on Danny when the relationship fails would be predictable -- especially with the way he's acting towards Lindsey now. Again painting the picture that Lindsey could not do wrong is always the poor little girl asking for sympathy.

I was watching season1 again and I was wondering where did the chemistry of everybody in the episode "Hush" go? The Danny-Aiden sequences -- especially when they were checking out thr RoboSpanker were so dang effortless! No amount of "accidental bump" can make up for that.

6. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

It worries me that I can see that happening.

Or I can see them doing something to give Lindsay an 'excuse' for being so flat. I mean, they must be aware that she's... not the best. maybe they are planning some big silly story line to either cut her out, or excuse her behaviour (again).

7. CrushinOnMesser

CrushinOnMesser Dead on Arrival

I HATE LINDSAY "MONTANA" MONROE!!! I HATE HER.

At first I thought it would be nice having a new character. Someone fresh, a little bright eyed... new. But what I got was a completely butchered charater, and I blame both the writers and the actress.

I'm sure Anna is an ok actress. I just don't think this was right for her. Then the whole storyline started out fine, but then they went for the road-more-travelled and just put her in a loveteam. She wasn't developed at all, at least enough. Then this pathetic attempt to make her likable by pairing her up with the most popular character. Its the wallflower with the promking. Its a low blow.

Whats worst is that, she played a big part in the deteriorating of my favorite charater Danny. I really think that her involvment with him caused the once lively, impulsive and passionate Danny Messer to turn into a pathetic whipped dog. That the wirters worsened to turning him into a prop to just look at.

You'll notice that compare Danny from before and after "montana", he's almost considered dispensable. Slowly and surely he's turning into some pretty boy. I mean he's good looking but from button-downs, slacks and a blazer to wearing just a wife-beater on the promo pic. I'm glad he's still doing his best with the material, but its not fair that Carmine's character has to suffer just because Anna's a pale comparrison to his previous partner.

That's what I hate the most. Its not that she's totally bad, but that she's bringing others down with her. If can't be fix, get rid of it, the show is better off.

8. chaostheory08

Dang, I finally got my hands on "You Only Die Once".

Argh......... the "I ROCK" thing with that lame "dance" -- *screams*

Stella was so unaffected by, "I rock anyway..."

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, her arrogance in that scene was uniquely annoying. "OMG, Lindsay did her job--isn't she awesome!?!?!" The self-congratulatory tone of that whole scene was so dumb. I guess AJ could have pulled it off--he has this bashfulness that makes even his most self-satisfactory moments seem humble--but on Lindsay it just came off as so arrogant and annoying.

10. chaostheory08

^Something she actually done on her own. *psh*

I imagined Stella rolling her eyes as soon as she got out of the room.

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

While I agree it wouldn't be the best move, making Danny a big jerk to back peddle out of whatever kind of a relationship they've gotten into I COULD live it...

Mainly because if Danny's that big a jerk, Lindsay lovers might get cranky with him and disband... that would be looovely.

I couldn't agree more. If she can't hold her own by now, whats she doing here?

I also don't subscribe to this somewhat wide spread theory that she and Danny are currently, and since Snow Day have been an item. If that's what they were going for I sure don't see it. If anything, since their billiard table escapades they've been less close than ever, and that, to me, doesn't seem anything like a relationship. I'm just getting worn out hearing that danny dating lindsay is some kind of canon when the show doesn't seem to be telling me that...

I mean Mac and Peyton.. THAT was clearly canon...

12. chaostheory08

What Danny did in "The Deep" was price.less.

Lindsey attempted to "flirt" with Danny and he goes, "Stop goofing off..." :lol: Oh I'm sure he saw through that!

13. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

That was such a cringe-inducing moment. I think I had goose bumps when I saw that scene! That was so manufactured and so unnatural. Lindsay has no redeeming qualities to her. I mean, the writers keep shoving down our throats that Lindsay is this supposedly spunky, charming country girl character. I mean, come on, if it was Adam doing the "I rock" dance it would have been charmingly goofy but with Lindsay doing it, it leaves such a bad taste in the mouth.

14. chaostheory08

^Oh my cousin literally rolled on the carpet laughing his ass off!

And then he stood up and cried out, tears in his eyes from laughing too much, "WHAT THE friggin' F*CK WAS THAT?!" :lol:

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

... roximonoxide? That is one sweet banner. :devil: Please to be telling me there is a big version of it, yes? :devil:

chaostheory08, I thought that scene in The Deep was amusing for that reason too. However, it was Lindsay's baffled smile after him telling her off that made it hilarious. It was like you could see from her face that she had no idea what the hell just happened and just smiled to not appear foolish or something.

And the, "I rock!" thing ... well, I think chaostheory08 just blew away the whole theory of fangirls disliking Lindsay due to 'jealousy' since her male cousin obviously thought that scene was awful too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.