Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
During S3 I said I could tolerate Lindsay/Anna if she were kept in the background and the D/L garbage was minimal. Here we are in S4, and she's in the background and the D/L garbage is minimal. She has still managed to annoy the hell out of me.

I stand corrected. She needs to go bye-bye, PTB.

Overall, she annoys me less this year, but it's not like she's anything approaching good. Her character just doesn't really have a point on the show anymore--the Montana thing is so played out and ultimately she didn't really bring anything new or interesting to the show. Her dark secret was kind of a bust for a few reasons--the rush because of Anna's pregnancy, Anna's bad acting, the overly neat wrap up. And now that all the pat cutesy 'will they or won't they' scenes with Danny and Lindsay have been played out, there's really nowhere to take them as a couple.

There's no real point to the character anymore. She's played out.

Top41 said:
Overall, she annoys me less this year, but it's not like she's anything approaching good. Her character just doesn't really have a point on the show anymore--the Montana thing is so played out and ultimately she didn't really bring anything new or interesting to the show. Her dark secret was kind of a bust for a few reasons--the rush because of Anna's pregnancy, Anna's bad acting, the overly neat wrap up. And now that all the pat cutesy 'will they or won't they' scenes with Danny and Lindsay have been played out, there's really nowhere to take them as a couple.

There's no real point to the character anymore. She's played out.

I don't think anyone could have said it better. Her storylines are obviously done and have been for at least a season, she isn't doing anything productive in the show to make us miss her presence in recent episodes, and now she doesn't even have the D/L relationship to prop her up.

In every other show i've watched, when a character runs their course and there are no more deep storylines for them to run with, they are written off. Whether it be killing them off, making them take another job, whatever, THEY LEAVE. Taking into account that not only has the character of Lindsay run her course but also the fact that Anna Belknap couldn't pull off what storylines were even given to the character, i think the show is overdue in pulling the plug on her. Honestly, there are plenty of other characters that deserve her main character status. Adam and Sid have made much more of an impact in regards to character building as well as acting ability, and have earned the right to get top billing. It is unfair to them to have their rightful spot given to a character who does nothing for the show, as well as an actress who just doesn't fit in whatsoever.

cSiNyFrEaK30 said:
In every other show i've watched, when a character runs their course and there are no more deep storylines for them to run with, they are written off. Whether it be killing them off, making them take another job, whatever, THEY LEAVE. Taking into account that not only has the character of Lindsay run her course but also the fact that Anna Belknap couldn't pull off what storylines were even given to the character
I think that their could be plenty more storyline for the character Lindsay, but I agree with you that Anna could never pull it off.

I think if from the beginning a different actress had played Lindsay she would have had so many more places to go with her now. Maybe she would have been able to walk around Danny rather than into him in her first episode we wouldn't have had all off this D/L stuff. At least maybe it wouldn't have gone the way it did :lol:

It is unfair to them to have their rightful spot given to a character who does nothing for the show, as well as an actress who just doesn't fit in whatsoever.
Isn't Adam supposed to be a regular character? It seems he's never really doing all that much or he's not even there. Which I think is unfair because he really does shine whenever he's on screen. Unlike Lindsay who's about as interesting as a piece of plain bread whenever she's on screen.

Playing devil’s :devil: advocate here… If I were Anna Belknap, in the cast of high rated tv show, fourth in the opening credits, character romantically linked with the show’s heart throb, I’d demand to have more work to do than what I was receiving. A many a agent have been fired because the people they represent don’t get the work they should be. If I were Anna Belknap, I’d fire my agent and complain to CBS about my lack of work. :lol: Unless she’s comfortable with her limited work schedule of going in, saying ten lines and going back home… :D

Tongue-in-cheek aside, if we’re aware of the worthlessness of her character, I’m certain they are too. It’s obvious as they have scaled back her lines/screentime significantly. I hope this is an indication that the honeymoon is finally over. It’s time to start writing stuff that people win Emmy’s off of. My only fear in all this is that they come back with a vengeance and give her so many more opportunities, hoping that it would prompt her to be better. :rolleyes: But, she’d still suck and they won’t win anything. Domo arigato, Mrs. Roboto. :lol:

Sometimes, you have to let the nice ones go. Get it over all ready. Free Daniel Katums and let him finish the job!!! :eek: :lol:

WhosLaughingNow said:
Maybe she would have been able to walk around Danny rather than into him in her first episode we wouldn't have had all off this D/L stuff. At least maybe it wouldn't have gone the way it did :lol:

Didn't they attribute that to Carmine's clumsiness? Please don't remind me. :(

Isn't Adam supposed to be a regular character?

I think they’re going to let AJ Buckley be their Heather Locklear… :lol: She portrayed major roles on each show that she was on, but she was always only the Special Guest Star. It’s not bad to have that title, but I’m with everyone else. I’d rather have him be a star of the show in the opening credits, right after they show Carmine Giovinazzo. ;)

Ticamo77 said:
Tongue-in-cheek aside, if we’re aware of the worthlessness of her character, I’m certain they are too. It’s obvious as they have scaled back her lines/screentime significantly. I hope this is an indication that the honeymoon is finally over. It’s time to start writing stuff that people win Emmy’s off of. My only fear in all this is that they come back with a vengeance and give her so many more opportunities, hoping that it would prompt her to be better. :rolleyes: But, she’d still suck and they won’t win anything. Domo arigato, Mrs. Roboto. :lol:

My hope is that there's been a realization on the part of TPTB as to what her strengths are (few) and what her limitations are (many). The more she's in the background, the less annoying she is. She's still a waste of opening credit space, and it's a shame the role wasn't given to a worthier actress, but it's certainly not the first unfair thing to happen in Hollywood and I have a feeling it won't be the last.

Sometimes, you have to let the nice ones go. Get it over all ready. Free Daniel Katums and let him finish the job!!! :eek: :lol:

That would be a great storyline, as long as he finished what he started and we didn't get a whole ep of Lindsay whining and scared and Danny worried and then one of them kills Katums in the end before he can finish his business. ;)

Didn't they attribute that to Carmine's clumsiness? Please don't remind me. :(

IIRC, Carmine also bumped into a boom box and a wooden crate, but nobody tried to force him to fake chemistry with either of them. It might have been more natural than what we actually saw "develop" between Danny and Lindsay.

Ticamo77 said:
Playing devil’s :devil: advocate here… If I were Anna Belknap, in the cast of high rated tv show, fourth in the opening credits, character romantically linked with the show’s heart throb, I’d demand to have more work to do than what I was receiving. A many a agent have been fired because the people they represent don’t get the work they should be. If I were Anna Belknap, I’d fire my agent and complain to CBS about my lack of work. :lol: Unless she’s comfortable with her limited work schedule of going in, saying ten lines and going back home… :D

Although if you were Anna and there was an actual reason for your character being cut back on. Like say they knew she wasn't doing very well performance wise TPTB will either go and tell her or they'll contact her agent and then her agent would have to tell her.

Plus I don't think Anna's in any position to go complaining to CBS :lol:
hilarious.gif
:lol: She's no Melina or Gary.

Didn't they attribute that to Carmine's clumsiness? Please don't remind me.
First they said it was an accident and boom (see what I did there?), they thought, 'Let's explore this chemistry.' (Haha.) Then I read somewhere that they suggested that the two of them bump into each other. So they should probably come up with one story and share it with everyone. Either it was planned or it wasn't. If it was planned (and that's how it feels to me), I don't see the point in pretending that it wasn't. :confused:

WTF is that?! :eek: *fear*

Top41 said:
IIRC, Carmine also bumped into a boom box and a wooden crate, but nobody tried to force him to fake chemistry with either of them. It might have been more natural than what we actually saw "develop" between Danny and Lindsay.
Danny/Wooden Crate! The new OTP!! Danny has certainly shown more chemistry with inanimate objects than with his "twu wuv".

I know we've mentioned it before, but Anna might be working less because of the baby. I do prefer the "PTB has seen the light" scenario 'though, since mine would mean she might be back with a vengence in season 5. Scary ...

I'm actually wondering what the writers saw in that "accidental bump" scene. It was awkward, not worth mentioning. So there's chemistry there? How? Where?

And now, they just up and leave their "discovery"? What... they finally put these two together officially and they realize that they don't work together.

You know, it's funny--I've read versions that say the bumping was accidental, and then I think I remember an interview where somebody said (maybe it was Anna) that they were told to bump into each other. Either way, the Danny/Lindsay pairing is proof positive that when you try to script chemistry, it falls flat on its face. Even if the "bumping" in the lab was accidental, nothing after it was.

I've wanted lindsay to leave almost as soon as she arrived! Never liked her. It could be of course the way the writers are writing the character, so anna is only working with what she is given, or then again anna could be just a bad actress! I just don't like the character, I liked aiden but the fact she left has nothing to do with my dislike for lindsay, and I don't think the sun shines from dannys behind either, so it has nothing to do with him! Lindsay is just not a good character.

^Agreed completely. That's ultimately what it comes down to, whether it's acting or storylines or whatever--Lindsay isn't a good character. She lacks depth and isn't compelling in the least. And I know I've said it before, but in a show where all the other characters are so interesting and complex, she stands out--in a bad way.

Could we start a new beauty pageant, Ms. Self-Absorbed? No real contest, just hand the crown to Lindsay.

Dear Lindsay: If you and Danny really have been a couple for at least 6 months, then you shouldn't have to be told what to say to him to comfort him. You should really know how to interact with your purported boyfriend by now without your boss coaching you on your lines. Please (!) think about someone other than yourself for once. Your immediate response was "I don't know what to say to him." Great girlfriend you are. F-.

Springmoon said:
Could we start a new beauty pageant, Ms. Self-Absorbed? No real contest, just hand the crown to Lindsay.

Dear Lindsay: If you and Danny really have been a couple for at least 6 months, then you shouldn't have to be told what to say to him to comfort him. You should really know how to interact with your purported boyfriend by now without your boss coaching you on your lines. Please (!) think about someone other than yourself for once. Your immediate response was "I don't know what to say to him." Great girlfriend you are. F-.

LOL - right on the ball, that's what I was thinkin too! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back