Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that was ironic--pairing the most compassionate character with the least. I'd love to see Danny chew Lindsay out at some point for being so self-centered. That could be a great, very believable point of frustration for them.

Top41 said:
Yeah, that was ironic--pairing the most compassionate character with the least.

And it's not a one time accident. Remember Super Men ?

She had no compassion for the father that lost his daughter. Poor man, he just snapped. :(
It was Danny who was sorry and even said something like sorry for your daughter.

Its funny I've been on and off reading this thread for a while its a thread i never really wanted to read but it got the better of me and its funny that I am you'd say a Lindsay fan but I do occasionally get where people are coming from.

The self centred part is where i seem to differ cos i've never really noticed it in the sense its blarringly obvious like SD the last scene i didn't think its all about her i thought 2nd time she's been spared i would feel a bit strange. The father stuff i didn't get because it was mentioned then never really delved into until the trial when you have to work it out yourself.

I do think a lot is that her character seems to be rushed almost to bring it up to speed making her so uneven, but angsty stuff does seem more akward and uncomfortable to the lighter stuff which i really enjoy, but its sometimes something you have to get into to make it what it is.

I cant say i agree/disagree with any of the stuff said tbh i like reading it and i like the character/actress, i'm wierd yep.
I just felt like posting because it seemed right.

:lol: Oh man, so she can't stand talking to grieving mothers but she doesn't mind making grieving fathers cry? Nice.

This speculation of Danny and Lindsay getting into conflict over empathy and lack of it is an interesting one. Could very well be what Carmine alluded to in his comment of Danny finding out she's not who he thought she was. I do think it would be difficult for someone as emotional and passionate as Danny to relate to someone who hardly shows any emotion at all, prop reason put aside. :p

The problem with Danny no longer being a prop for Lindsay is, uh, is she even capable of standing on her own as a character without him?

The answer to that is no. She has had several episodes without Danny this season so far but most of them have seen her in the lab rather than doing anything of substance. And her delivery of even the scientific lines still make them sound as dull as dishwater.

^^So why bring in Kendall when Lindsay is pretty much just a glorified lab tech anyway? And by 'glorified lab tech' I mean lab tech with a side order of Captain Obvious. Sadly, that sums up most of what she does--and she doesn't even do that all that well.

Dawni said:
I do think a lot is that her character seems to be rushed almost to bring it up to speed making her so uneven
Possibly, but they haven't really done her any favors. A character like Sid hasn't really gotten much of anything in the way of development--we know a bit about him, but not much--and yet it works because what's important should be how they interact with each other now, rather than having anything to do with their pasts and whatnot.

I know what I mean, but I'm not sure I'm making sense. Basically, I get that she's technically a year behind the other main cast members as far as development goes, but I really don't think that's an excuse after she's had more than two years to fit in...

Hmmm. The writers have proven themselves able to write great plots for the show, so for them to think of good background ideas for Lindsay isn't a difficult thing.

The question is whether Anna Belknap can handle whatever storylines the writers write out for Lindsay, because that's what really makes or breaks things now. (And uh, based on past episodes in season three ... the final verdict is not good.)

And well, if Lindsay is a boring character who can't stand out even with Danny as a prop, either Lindsay will fade into the background once D/L is over, or she leaves the show. Or TPTB goes back to the same old route of putting Lindsay at the forefront again with some other Big Dark Secret, and thus give her more screentime and therefore more attention. :lol: Do I hear people groaning?

Can't we just look Lindsay somewhere deep, dark, filled with bugs and throw away the key?

Mmmm you mean like in CSI when they buried Nick in Grave Danger? But only the CSI NY team wouldn't get to save Linds on time? :lol: I wonder if Tarantino would be interested in writing that epi?

Springmoon said:
The answer to that is no. She has had several episodes without Danny this season so far but most of them have seen her in the lab rather than doing anything of substance. And her delivery of even the scientific lines still make them sound as dull as dishwater.

I agree, even when she has so little to do she sucks the life out of it. She does nothing with lines that other people would be milking and making the most of. I swear coma patients must feel the effects.

Kimmychu said:
TPTB goes back to the same old route of putting Lindsay at the forefront again with some other Big Dark Secret, and thus give her more screentime and therefore more attention. :lol: Do I hear people groaning?

Nooooooooooooooooooo :eek: Don't say that!

But your comment about her having hardly any emotions and then having another dark secret did make me think of this:

Lindsay: Mac I have something to tell you?
Mac: What is it?
Lindsay: I'm not what you think I am.
Mac: A CSI?
Lindsay: No... Human. I'm a robot.
[Lindsay then takes off outer human "shell" revealing her true robot form]
Lindsay: I. AM. SORRY. I. DECEIVED. YOU. I. MUST. NOW. RETURN. TO. MY. HOME. PLANET. JUST. BECAUSE.
[Danny walks by Mac's office and looks in at Lindsay]
Danny: [sighs] Damn.

Now before you say anything I know this is horribly far fetched bet let's all be honest with ourselves for a moment. At least we know why she has little emotions... She has no heart in the metal shell of hers. At least some of our questions could be answered :p

adorelo said:
To Surreal 44,

Concerning your post about people not posting well reasoned arguments.

I disagree, I think the points posted on here are very well reasoned. I've never seen a serious post where someone has said "God, I hate Lindsay, she's so annoying!", I've always seen posts where people have said "Lindsay really bugs me because [x]".

I came in here a few months ago with views that disagreed with the general views in here; I was met with only healthy debate. Not childish bickering.

If you'll notice, I have often defended Lindsay/Anna in this thread by offering my views and providing reasons for them. These have always been well received. As I have said before, I have my ups and downs with Lindsay but my opinions have always been listened to and people always consider them as adults.

Anyway, the real reason I am here ;) I'm doing well with my keeping up.

I don't want them to kill Lindsay off. If she was to leave, I'd like her to go back home. Quickly, with none of this emotional crap they are over-using with Sara.
Well said, adorelo, well said. We don't mind dissenting opinions at all, so long as they aren't served with a side order of accusation and condescension.

(Oh, you mean a portfolio? I act a lot haha.)

Yep, totally agree. People in real life exhibit signs of their emotional distress, even if it is repression (I'm a psychology student) but Lindsay doesn't show us any of this. She plays Lindsay very flat, which is fine, but she needs to show it or she just looks…. Well, like she can’t act.
:lol:
Portfolio, huh? I can remember it used to be referred to as a 'reel', but that was back in the Dark Ages. :lol:

And you're a psychology student? That explains your use of "affect". My degree is in psychology too, so I really get where you're coming from. ;)

Dawni said:
I do think a lot is that her character seems to be rushed almost to bring it up to speed making her so uneven, but angsty stuff does seem more akward and uncomfortable to the lighter stuff which i really enjoy, but its sometimes something you have to get into to make it what it is.
The unevenness and inconsistency of Lindsay's character has been the subject of much debate in this thread. We just don't know whether the fault lies in the writers not quite knowing what to do with the character or with Anna not having a firm grasp on her character's identity.

She is indeed better with the lighter stuff than the drama. The TPTB seem to have arrived at the same conclusion if the season so far is anything to go by. :)

Kimmychu said:
And well, if Lindsay is a boring character who can't stand out even with Danny as a prop, either Lindsay will fade into the background once D/L is over, or she leaves the show. Or TPTB goes back to the same old route of putting Lindsay at the forefront again with some other Big Dark Secret, and thus give her more screentime and therefore more attention. Do I hear people groaning?
I hope you realised that you probably just jinxed us, Kimmy? I hope you're proud of yourself. :lol:

penguinpie said:
Kimmychu said:
And well, if Lindsay is a boring character who can't stand out even with Danny as a prop, either Lindsay will fade into the background once D/L is over, or she leaves the show. Or TPTB goes back to the same old route of putting Lindsay at the forefront again with some other Big Dark Secret, and thus give her more screentime and therefore more attention. Do I hear people groaning?

I hope you realised that you probably just jinxed us, Kimmy? I hope you're proud of yourself. :lol:

:lol: Dude, it can't get worse than what we've already been subjected to, ya know? If TPTB are wise and don't make the mistake of recycling the same old corny plots, then there's only that other option, isn't there?

^ Aaaaaargh!!! :eek: You're just making it worse! Now we must make a sacrifice to appease the gods. Here, kitty, kitty ... :devil: :devil:

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: Alright, alright, seriously, I highly doubt Lindsay's going to be laden with another Big Dark Secret. Anna Belknap can't handle it, and that was proven for all to see last season with the whole past mass murder of her friends plot. And take a look at how this season's gone so far: minimal Lindsay, even in an episode where she's supposed to have a bigger role, and she barely does anything other than explain things or do scenes where she's just conducting experiments and not saying anything.

So yeah, another Big Dark Secret, doubt it very, very much. As for whether TPTB will decide to end D/L by this season ... as far as the season's gone and knowing the spoilers for some of the future episodes, it's actually very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back