Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ lol you guys, I just want Lindsay off the show, don't want her to die. Having another CSI die is too much.

magicmunchies said:
I think they can get rid of her, Sara Sidle is one example also Radar O'Reilly from MASH! He was in MASH for 7-8 seasons. Lindsay is on her 3rd season. Leave Lindsay leave

See but the the way I see it with Sara is that she didn't just suddenly leave for no reason. She went through a lot leading up to her departure. As for your MASH example I can't say anything to that because I don't watch it :p

What I mean is like you know those lab tecs they always used to have? They would be there for like 4 episodes and then just be written out. At this point I don't think you could just write her out of the next episode.

I don't know how much sense I'm making.

I just think she needs a good reason to leave, as opposed to her just getting up and leaving for no reason suddenly... or getting hit bay a car out of the blue

^Oh i get it now, I feel like a retard now! But she could leave like Radar though (only without the whole army thing) which from what i remember was quite sudden but I could be wrong though.

Here is a suggestion of why she could leave:

Maybe here father could get sick back in Montana and she realizes that she is needed back there. That would work v.well and seem realistic.

magicmunchies said:
Maybe here father could get sick back in Montana and she realizes that she is needed back there. That would work v.well and seem realistic.

Nope, that wouldn't work because the one thing we learned from her big, dark secret is that Lindsay doesn't give a damn about fathers.

adorelo said:
But when the big emotional pay off came at the trial, when Lindsay was to give evidence against the fiend who brutally slaughtered her friends, the emotion fell flat as a tack. She failed dismally to convey any true deep feeling, though she did try.
I both agree and disagree with this. The whole 'no emotion' thing, while unusual, is not abnormal. I am 18 years old, I have not cried since I was 9. I wont give you a psychology lesson because that will just bore most of you to death but she's repressed. Plain and simple, which explains the lack of emotion.

However, she is an actress so she should have been able to show this. Show that her character can't show emotion. I'm not sure if that made sense so I'll try to explain. In the most recent episodes of Miami, Stand Your Ground, Calleigh cried. Now this is a character who, up until this point had shown very little negative emotion (like Lindsay). BUT the difference is Emily shows the audience that she is hiding her emotions by allowing little flashes of pain to flit across her eyes every now and then. Lindsay does not.

If that didn't make sense, please ask me and I'll try to make it clearer.
What I was trying to say was that, after all that build up, the gods of television usually demand a much bigger payoff. In real life, people can show flat affect in response to trauma, but it doesn't play well on the idiot box. In the climatic scene of her story arc, she came off as vaguely robotic. I can't imagine her sticking it on her audition reel (or whatever actors call them). But you make a good point.

If Lindsay is a bit 'emotionally challenged', and this was an intentional choice on the part of the actress or writers, then it does indeed fail for all the reasons you mentioned. So either way she fails. :lol: :lol:

*snickers like a 13 year old* Sorry, totally irrelevant and off-topic, but I couldn't help it. :eek:
Fay, you are a bad girl. :D

Mac: Where's Lindsay?
Danny: She's over there crossing the street.
[car hits Lindsay as she crosses the street]
Danny: Damn.

Can we make it a bus?

Seriously though, just once I'd like to see a character depart in non-spectacular fashion. Does no one ever get a new job somewhere else? Ah, television. I quite liked Aiden's original exit; it was realistic, yet still true to the character. I was more than a little disappointed when they killed her off so dramatically half a season later. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, when the whole Danny/Lindsay thing finally ends (soon, please), perhaps the tension will force her to leave. It's the big downside of office romances: you still have to work with your ex afterwards.

If it came down to it, I think Lindsay would be the one to leave. After all, she's still the new girl. :devil:

^Yeah I agree with you PenguinPie. I don't see Danny and Lindsay sticking together for long (Yahoo) and me thinks Lindsay might just go away when zey break up.

But i like the bus idea, it's so mean girls :)

Before CSI:NY had anyone actually heard of Anna Belknap?

I certainly hadn't.

I had definitely heard of Gary, Melina, Eddie, Carmine etc. but not dear Anna.

Actually I had a dream last night that some random dropped a bucket of bleach on Lindsay's head and she looked like an old woman because her hair went gray hehe. Random thing.

penguinpie said:
Alternatively, when the whole Danny/Lindsay thing finally ends (soon, please), perhaps the tension will force her to leave. It's the big downside of office romances: you still have to work with your ex afterwards.

If it came down to it, I think Lindsay would be the one to leave. After all, she's still the new girl. :devil:

Ugh... I can relate. Only with me it's in school.

After some time, I couldn't stand seeing his face! :lol:

And I don't see Danny leaving New York.

Before CSI:NY had anyone actually heard of Anna Belknap?

I certainly hadn't.
I didn't know about her either but then again I never heard of Carmine, Vanessa or even Eddie until CSI NY. Initially I didn't even like Danny he grated on my nervous seemed to be a bit to much and so overbearing but he grew on me just like the others have and I cannot imagine anyone else playing the characters it just wouldn't be the same without them because the actors are now the embodiment of the character they portray on screen but I can imagine the show without Lindsay hell TPTB already gave us a taste of what that's like when Anna was on hiatus in season 3 that I am currently watching and you know what I don't miss one litte bit. If only it would continue *sigh*

To Surreal 44,

Concerning your post about people not posting well reasoned arguments.

I disagree, I think the points posted on here are very well reasoned. I've never seen a serious post where someone has said "God, I hate Lindsay, she's so annoying!", I've always seen posts where people have said "Lindsay really bugs me because [x]".

I came in here a few months ago with views that disagreed with the general views in here; I was met with only healthy debate. Not childish bickering.

If you'll notice, I have often defended Lindsay/Anna in this thread by offering my views and providing reasons for them. These have always been well received. As I have said before, I have my ups and downs with Lindsay but my opinions have always been listened to and people always consider them as adults.

Anyway, the real reason I am here ;) I'm doing well with my keeping up.

I don't want them to kill Lindsay off. If she was to leave, I'd like her to go back home. Quickly, with none of this emotional crap they are over-using with Sara.

In real life, people can show flat affect in response to trauma, but it doesn't play well on the idiot box. In the climatic scene of her story arc, she came off as vaguely robotic. I can't imagine her sticking it on her audition reel (or whatever actors call them).

(Oh, you mean a portfolio? I act a lot haha.)

Yep, totally agree. People in real life exhibit signs of their emotional distress, even if it is repression (I'm a psychology student) but Lindsay doesn't show us any of this. She plays Lindsay very flat, which is fine, but she needs to show it or she just looks…. Well, like she can’t act.
:lol:

EDITED BECAUSE I CAN'T READ -- sorry, my bad ;)

adorelo said:
To chaostheory08 ,

Concerning your post about people not posting well reasoned arguments.

I disagree, I think the points posted on here are very well reasoned. I've never seen a serious post where someone has said "God, I hate Lindsay, she's so annoying!", I've always seen posts where people have said "Lindsay really bugs me because [x]".

:confused: I think you mean Surreal 44 not chaostheory08.

stormymac said:
magicmunchies said:

Nope, that wouldn't work because the one thing we learned from her big, dark secret is that Lindsay doesn't give a damn about fathers.

:lol: Touche. That line--which was just horrible, btw; who says they can give bad news to fathers, or anyone, all day long???--was just indicative of how it's All About Lindsay. She doesn't think about the pain others are going to on hearing about the loss of a loved one, just about how it will affect her to tell it to them. How noxious and self-centered can you be???

The car/bus scenario cracked me up, especially Danny's response: Damn. :lol: Gotta love it!

I don't care how Lindsay goes, so long as she goes and never returns. The only reason I'd prefer death is because a) it precludes her ever coming back and b) it gives Carmine great emotional stuff to work with.

Top41 said:
stormymac said:
magicmunchies said:

:lol: Touche. That line--which was just horrible, btw; who says they can give bad news to fathers, or anyone, all day long???--was just indicative of how it's All About Lindsay. She doesn't think about the pain others are going to on hearing about the loss of a loved one, just about how it will affect her to tell it to them. How noxious and self-centered can you be???

And she delivered that line to Danny.

I wonder why he hasn't gotten down on one knee, proposed and asked Lindsay to bear his children.
:confused: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back