Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I commented in the grading thread on 'Some Buried Bones' about the absence of Lindsay and how unaffected I was by it. I was so captivated by the rest of the cast and the awesome dynamics they have that I didn't even realize she wasn't there until I came over here to Talk and someone mentioned her!

and while I am on a tangent, it struck me as kind of odd that the revalation that she was a survivor of some massacre was her 'deep, dark, bloody secret'. OK, granted that would be traumatizing to say the least- I am not disputing that. But why would she go to such great lengths to hide it and keep it such a secret? The first step to solving issues is dealing with them- not passing them off to your co-workers (ie not talking to mothers). Perhaps we can petition for her to spend some time in inpatient treatment for PTSD. That way we can buy a few more Lindsay-free episodes.
I guess that I was hoping for something meatier with a deep, dark secret. Is that bad of me? :eek: Perhaps I am too desensitized to things, working in such an environment, studying violent crime for one of my classes right now, and going into forensic science and the things I have seen.

Lindsay's dark secret turned out to be anti-climatic for me as well. And I still don't get why she doesn't have any problem talking to fathers, and why she wasn't afraid of seeing their faces in court. She's seen fathers grieve before, and they don't seem to do it any differently from mothers.

I am glad to know that I am not alone with her deep, dark secret being anti-climatic. Only because of my profession and such, I am pretty desensitized to some types of violence.

I not only didn't miss her, I relished her being gone. The cast was cohesive, and there was no bad actress to bring the rest of the group down. (OK, poor Nelly Furtado was out of her element, but that was like one or two scenes.)

The show is better without Lindsay, period. The best thing that could be done for CSI: NY would be to get rid of her for good.

I honestly don't believe the dark secret would have been so anti-climactic were Anna a better actress. Someone who could have conveyed the depth of damage such an event would have had on a person really could have made that a convincing storyline. It was wasted on Anna. They should have given it to another character.

As for having two women around--I know they can do better than Anna. :rolleyes: Make Angell a regular or replace Lindsay in some other way. I don't think they could do much worse than what they have right now. ;)

Top - I agree with you, as always. Lindsay delivered the line about her traumatic teenage massacre experience in the same tones most people would use when saying they missed their high school prom.

I'm not feeling the trauma here. If I was the only survivor of a massacre, I'd very possibly have gone nuts right after. I'd need serious therapy. And if something brought it all out again years later, I'd need therapy all over again.

I need to use a spoiler box since part of this is a spoiler for ep 18. But first, I'm not feeling the trauma either. I could do a better job at acting and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyway, if she's so traumatized by it all, explain this to me:

When she found the shotgun in the dumpster in Bad Beat, she joked "somebody threw away a perfectly good shotgun" and didn't even bat an eye. Now, for the spoilers for ep 18, while she's on the stand, she mentions that the killer used a shotgun. Wouldn't you be a little freaked out about shotguns after that? Oh I forgot, that happened before they decided about her secret. :rolleyes:

Then in Manhattan Manhunt, Mac sent her to the lab when they found the teenagers lined up on the floor shot execution style and all the blood everywhere where Henry Darius had played in their blood. She got all pissy and whiny about that, jumping down Danny's throat when he had absolutely nothing to do with it. Stick with the lighter stuff please.

Maybe a little OT but this has been in my head for a couple days. What if Aiden hadn't been fired and they hired Lindsay anyway. Would Aiden have liked her? I'm thinking probably not. I know Aiden told Danny he was out of her league but I think she'd change her mind with Lindsay around and it wouldn't take Aiden very long to squash her bug eating butt.

Arg, the Aiden/Lindsay thing. I don't know. Aiden was a wise-cracker and she may not have had patience with Lindsay's "praise me!" routine - where she presents evidence in a really long-winded way, rather than just telling? I think Aiden would have been the one to tell her to shut up and get on with it. And rib Danny if she caught him making googly-eyes.

"What are you like, fourteen or somethin', Messer? Get your ass over here and help me with this!"

...that style of thing :D

Oh, and about the evidence, as cited by the wonderful 1CSIMfan - all I want to say is - did they actually make Lindsay take a psyche exam? HOW did she pass it? It's like she has one of those personality disorders (if I was more awake, I'd go look up which one). Her moods and reactions change constantly, she's quite happy to deal with certain things that SHOULD traumatise her, and then seemingly gets traumatised for absolutely no good reason (if anyone works the father/mother thing out, let us know - bring Freud into it if you have to).

Now that I think about it, this is an awesome set up for Lindsay to be a closet psychopath. She's going to be a big bad for either this season of the next. The CSIs will be totally confused by random massacres of teenage girls, all gunned down with a shotgun. Imagine their horror as it turns out the killer is one of their own...

Silencer said:
"What are you like, fourteen or somethin', Messer? Get your ass over here and help me with this!"

:lol:

Perfect Aiden, right there.

I definitely see their personalities clashing, what with Lindsay not having one and all.

Now see, I've thought about it, and I'm convinced that Lindsay was totally introduced in order to be a serial killer. Her mad personality changes, her stalking, some of her remarks... it all makes total sense now.

1CSIMfan - this would totally explain the shotgun thing. "Hmm, who can I kill with this?"

Best of all, this gives me a reason to put up with her in the show. I can start me a "snapometer". We can start a sliding scale. From the strops, screaming, and crying which must surely indicate she's about to blow, to that lovely scrunch-faced glazed expression indicative of her taking a hefty dose of dried frog pills to stop the voices in her head.

That's why Flack acts all weird towards her - his cop senses are going nuts and his psycho-dar triggers whenever she's around. He knows she's a mentalist, but he can't prove it yet. He's like...her nemesis. She's already tried to blow him up using her "psychic powers". (I'm sorry, but that scene where she's staring at the building right before the bomb goes off during last season's finale says everything, to me)

Season finale - Flack vs. Lindsay in a race to save Danny's life...?

Silencer said:
Now see, I've thought about it, and I'm convinced that Lindsay was totally introduced in order to be a serial killer. Her mad personality changes, her stalking, some of her remarks... it all makes total sense now.

Love that idea! I've thought she was unbalanced since "Stealing Home" and if they turned her into a psychopath it would make for a great storyline...and a natural way to write her out of the show. Anna's acting isn't up to snuff, but hey, it would be a great way to get rid of the character.

Best of all, this gives me a reason to put up with her in the show. I can start me a "snapometer". We can start a sliding scale. From the strops, screaming, and crying which must surely indicate she's about to blow, to that lovely scrunch-faced glazed expression indicative of her taking a hefty dose of dried frog pills to stop the voices in her head.

:lol: Yes, please! I'd love to see her slide towards snapping and then lose it altogether.

That's why Flack acts all weird towards her - his cop senses are going nuts and his psycho-dar triggers whenever she's around. He knows she's a mentalist, but he can't prove it yet. He's like...her nemesis. She's already tried to blow him up using her "psychic powers". (I'm sorry, but that scene where she's staring at the building right before the bomb goes off during last season's finale says everything, to me)

I'm convinced Flack can't stand her. He either ignores her altogether is or is snarky towards her (asking her if they don't have block parties in Montana--the sarcasm was dripping off his tongue :lol: --and the lack of humor in his voice when she was "teasing" him about the numbers from the women in the season opener). He knows she's a bad seed. And I have no doubt he's worried about Danny getting close to her.

Season finale - Flack vs. Lindsay in a race to save Danny's life...?

Love it!!!! :D Flack would definitely burst in and save his baby. Bye bye Lindsay! A perfect exit for the character, and it might actually justify her presence. :lol:

Actually, even the dark!sekrit111! fits. After all, someone who has survived a massacre would have issues, wouldn't they? You wouldn't just walk away from that unscathed. Especially if you've apparently repressed it for ten years, and went to work in a CRIME LAB. *falls over*

She's a ready-to-boil pot, I'm tellin' ya.

Survived a massacre? Hell, she probably did it herself and has been playing the innocent victim card for how ever many years its been.

^^LMAO. :lol: :lol:

I would think she'd have major issues. So, four of her friends were killed, she witnessed it all, and then decides to become a CSI where she can look at stuff like that over and over. What kind of therapy would that be?? :(

If she suddenly starts wearing a hockey mask...they all better run. :eek:

I guess they're gonna use this massacre as a way to explain all her personalities. :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, I didn't notice she was gone in that episode. I still like her though, but for some reason I wasn't disappointed by her absence. *shrugs*

I agree, I don't understand what her character stands for. She is involved in a "horrific" event where her friends died, and then goes to one of the biggest cities on the planet to deal with people just like herself and victims just like her friends. Hopefully we'll get more of an understanding when she returns, but as of now I wouldn't say she has to go. Her character could be worse . . . I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back