Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showtime said:
Survived a massacre? Hell, she probably did it herself and has been playing the innocent victim card for how ever many years its been.

*splutters* YES.

Police arrive on scene, find however many dead girls and one live Lindsay. I know who my money's on...

Which explains her current "trauma" act. The poor schmuck she's framed for the crime is coming up to trial and she realises that there's a slim chance her carefully laid plans my fall apart if he has a decent enough defence lawyer. (Or there's a rumour of new evidence which could clear him...?) So she has to run back to Montana to do her "victim" act, to nail those final nails into his coffin. Maybe he's a dad, and that's why she can give them bad news all day.

This also totally explains why she's working as a CSI. She gets off on the violence and gore, and after killing people herself, became a CSI so she could see more of it while planning her next massacre. Getting handy tips, so to speak. Because no-one would suspect her, would they? Plus she gets to learn how to cover up her tracks...

^^ :lol: :lol:That would explain why she got so pissed when Mac sent her back to the lab in Manhattan Manhunt. Henry Darius killed differently. He liked to play in the victim's blood. You sure could learn a lot from murder scenes. :p

^^ :lol: That will without a doubt be the most surprising plot twist ever :eek:

But seriously, I think that perhaps one of the reasons she decided to become a CSI was the fact that 10 years ago the CSI's investigating the scene of her friends' murder could not collect enough evidence to find the killer.

I think I'd like Lindsay more if that was the plot, noit gonna lie. Could Anna pull it off though? That's a whole other discussion. :lol:

^Pulling it off it's going to be hard for her. :cool: She's not that tall and those shotguns look heavy... :p

Totally off topic, but your location made me look at my calendar -that date sounded so familiar- LOL pre-ordered mine already...that weekend is booked ;)

^^It could be an interesting twist and Danny's sometimes clueless about the perps. He didn't have a clue that Shane Casey was the murderer in Hung Out to Dry. He mentioned the guy was the only one sober...hello, no bells went off?

Anna pulling it off? Who knows if she could or not. Lindsay has that psycho personality, so it could be possible. She may not be tall and shotguns could be heavy but she apprehended a suspect that even got away from Mac, so I'm sure she could handle a shotgun. Ater all, she did pick up that one in Bad Beat with one hand.

Ah pfft. There's no need for her to be lugging a shotgun around - see how happy she was with the high-tech bow and arrow?

And Dutch - I think you're underestimating how traumatic watching your friends die could be. She's already implied the crime scene was bloody, she watched them die - by rights, Lindsay should have been in therapy for years. Deliberately going into a job where you face that every day is a bit weird, to me. Was she moved into some kind of protection program? She's the only witness to a multiple killing, after all. Maybe Lindsay isn't even her real name.

I think the serial killer idea, apart from being deeply amusing (it is, I'm sorry) actually covers some of the more bizarre behaviour we've seen written into the show. Her mood swings, for example.

I had another thought this morning - is her dislike for mothers spilling out into her work? If we look at the team as a family - Mac being father, Stella as the mother - she clashes with Stella far more than anyone else on the team, with a couple of outright spats recently.

Actually, I had this down as another serial killer thing - since she can give bad news to fathers all day, is Mac in for trouble when she tries to kill his most problematic son? :D

SimplyBlue said:
Maybe Lindsay isn't even her real name.
Maybe it's actually Summer Hamilton. *cues dramatic music*

Or, well, whatever the character was originally supposed to be named. :lol:

*snaps fingers*
You might be on to something there. Seriously, this could be the greatest TPTB plot ever. It all fits.

I have to say, as much as I don't think Anna is on par talent-wise with the rest of the cast, she did do psycho pretty well at the end of "Stealing Home." In that final scene of hers with the killer, I did think she came off as pretty deranged. So I guess I'd rather see Anna do that than try to cry or romance Danny or god forbid, scream at someone again.

Top41 said:
I have to say, as much as I don't think Anna is on par talent-wise with the rest of the cast, she did do psycho pretty well at the end of "Stealing Home."
She did something well??? Guess I must have blinked and missed that. :confused:

And Dutch - I think you're underestimating how traumatic watching your friends die could be. She's already implied the crime scene was bloody, she watched them die - by rights, Lindsay should have been in therapy for years. Deliberately going into a job where you face that every day is a bit weird, to me. Was she moved into some kind of protection program? She's the only witness to a multiple killing, after all. Maybe Lindsay isn't even her real name.
I was by no means underestimating the effect this event must have had on Lindsay. And I think we're all lucky to never find out how we will react in such a situation, but I can imagine that it makes some people want to prevent anyone going through the same 10 years of not knowing who or what or why as they've been through. And not being able to handle the knowing why explains a lot of her behaviour at the end of 'Stealing Home' as well.

She came to New York and kept quiet about her past because (and that's just me guessing) she didn't want to be known as the 'girl who survived as massacre'. But like with most things you want to keep a secret it gets harder and harder to keep it hidden and it almost always comes to light one day.

Judging by her sometimes a bit irregular behaviour, I'm guessing that she still has/needs therapy.

Can't wait to see how thing will continue once she returns.

She came to New York and kept quiet about her past because (and that's just me guessing) she didn't want to be known as the 'girl who survived as massacre'. But like with most things you want to keep a secret it gets harder and harder to keep it hidden and it almost always comes to light one day.
She came to NY to flee from her past. Apparently she couldn't handle being a CSI in Montana so she went to NY where she could forget about her past. She also probably thought they'd never find the killer. Since nobody in NY knew about it, she thought she could start over and it would all go away.

She shouldn't have underestimated Mac. He wouldn't hire her without knowing everything about her. You also can't run from your past. It will catch up with you eventually. So, she was getting by with nobody knowing until she got word they found the guy and she had to testify. Then she was forced to reveal her past. Strange that she chose to keep it from Danny but if it creates tension between them, I'm all for that.
Ah pfft. There's no need for her to be lugging a shotgun around - see how happy she was with the high-tech bow and arrow?
:lol: :lol:That's true but doesn't she need to be more discreet with her murder weapon of choice? Oh wait, serial killers don't care. I wanna see the look on everybody's faces when she walks into the labs and tosses her shotgun or bow (or both) on one of the table's like it's something that happens everyday.

^^ :lol:

She came to NY to flee from her past. Apparently she couldn't handle being a CSI in Montana so she went to NY where she could forget about her past. She also probably thought they'd never find the killer. Since nobody in NY knew about it, she thought she could start over and it would all go away.
Perhaps she couldn't handle being a CSI in Montana not so much because of the cases, but because everyone she worked with always knew what had once happened to her and was treating her 'different', which somehow prevented her from doing her job the way she wanted to do it. I can't imagine she was under the illusion that it would all go away, but it seems easier to go about your life when everyone around you is not treating you as a victim.

Strange that she chose to keep it from Danny but if it creates tension between them, I'm all for that.
I believe it already did create some tension and therefor I think she cannot brush him off once more...so I hope that card was the last time she refused to talk to him.

It still doesn't ansewr the question of why she's only showing signs of trauma now. We've seen no sign of it before series three - with Lindsay positively relishing certain things that with hindsight, she should have been nervous or wary of. Like finding the shotgun.

Lindsay's behaviour recently - the strops, the refusing to work a scene, snapping at Stella, has pretty much come out of nowhere. I guess we could put it down to nerves about the trial, but she's a CSI - she's done umpteen trials and this is her big chance to finally get the guy who slughtered her friends. Nerves are one thing, totally going to pot at work is quite another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back