Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top41 said:
^Reread the parts of your post I quoted. You insulted people based on their opinions of an actress. The whole purpose of this board is for people to come and express their opinions on the show, the actors, the episodes, etc. If you cannot handle that, then this is not the place for you. Feel free to debate the opinions posted here, but when you make it personal, you're crossing a line. Please go familarize yourself with the rules of this board.

And Jaer insulted me...and yet I don't see a warning passed her way for it. But I guess it's only natural that the new person who disagrees with, and stands up against, the actor bashing becomes the "fallout girl", which is fine...better me than Anna, who is very undeservering of the talk about her in this thread.

BlueSmurfette said:
No one here in this thread should surely have the right to judge Anna they have done so thus far...and yet, these opinions are permitted, the weight of these opinions is pushed around...not just in here, but in other threads too. I find this unfair, especially since should they not be kept to this thread only, since this is "what it is here for"?

So no one in this thread is a viewer of CSI:NY? Anna's an actress on a television show that's viewed by the public. Guess what-that gives everyone the right to judge her performance.

You can argue that she is a good actress all you like, but if you continue to come into this thread and tell people they don't have a right to their opinions, you'll garner another warning.

Again, debate the points, but not people's right to hold an opinion that differs from your own.

Okay...debating the points....

There's no comprehendible way that Anna bribed her way into the role she has now...in fact Hill was the one who put in a word so that she could get the role, and I'm glad she came onto the show, because up until she came into it I was bored stiff (pun so intended).

People say she lacks chemistry, well I'll tell you, from what I have seen...she could have chemistry with a door, that's how great an actress she is. It's why she is so perfectly suited to be across from Carmine, they have this amazing energy between them when on screen....and all are welcome to disagree, but the evidence of how sexy those two are together is...irrefutable.

For example, the scene in City of Dolls when Lindsay breathlessly said Danny, and the way he said 'Yeah?' If it weren't for the fact you knew they were on a case in that moment......well actually I can't get into what that scene could have given us, merely for the fact that adult discussion is not permitted here (see, I did read the rules ;)). But let's just say the word SMUT comes into mind.

Zoo York, when the two looked at each other in the lab? Eye sex. Seriously people. And the 'bump', only moments before? Lead up to the eye sex. Just IMO.

People have different interpretations of things, which is why we have threads such as these. I picked up on CSI:NY with the episode City of the Dolls - I watched the whole first season but hadn't realised the second series had started till then (Duh!). I didn't notice any chemistry between Danny and Linsday and haven't done since. Clearly it is a matter of individual interpretation. I've read the DL shipper thread and plenty people there see the chemistry, but plenty of people don't! If we all had the same opinions it'd be a pretty boring world!

And as for commenting on an actor's ability or talent - if we couldn't say anything negative then there would be no such thing as reviews! We are the viewers and if we didn't watch programmes then they wouldn't get made. If we couldn't voice our opinions then nothing 'quality' would ever be made. To a certain extent its the fans who regulate what writers write and what TPTB put into their programmes.

I'd just like to say that I think the mods do a great job.

1CSIMfan said:
Hammerback's scene was the worst. When Lindsay asked him why Danny called her Montana (how stupid can she be?) and Hammerback replied "because he's got a crush on you". I got ill. That was so untrue and so totally unnecessary. It didn't even make sense. Even we know why he calls her Montana.

Hello, I'm popping out of my hole again to make one small point. Lindsay didn't seriously ask Hammerbeck why Danny called her Montana. They were talking about the calluses (sp?) on the dead girl's hands, and Linday was explaining them. Hammerbeck looked surprised at her knowledge, and she said, rhetorically, IMO: Do you think Danny calls me Montana because I'm a 49ers fan? Something close to that, anyway. I do kind of agree that it seemed out of the blue and a bit out of place for him to say it (the crush part, which I'm not debating), but Lindsay didn't say "Gee, Sid? Why oh why does Danny call me Montana?" My take anyway.

Okay, that's it for me. Have a great day all.

Okies. I've been following this thread and I think I've posted here somewhere in the beginning and now being brave enough to do it again. I'm not really against Lindsay... or for her. I do like her more than Aiden and been mostly ok with her except that stupid hand thingy because it made countryside people (such as me) look like they are too stupid to wear gloves. And when she tried to be mad. Just, she's ok as long as they don't give her "I'm angry! Grr!" scenes.

The thread name is Why Lindsay Must Go. I can see word "why" there. For me it always means that you have to tell people "Why" Why you feel she must go? Why you think she has to stay? You cannot go out just yelling "because she sucks!" You need to answer "Why she sucks?" No, the right answer isn't "because she just does" No no, that's not a good answer.

The thread has come to the point where people no longer tell "Why?" but argue about opinions of other posters, rather than making a point in the main question. Coming from both sides, those who love Lindsay/Anna and those who dislike her. Can I ask what makes you to come in this thread again and again and write the exactly the same things and argue about the same thing that wasn't even the point in this thread? This is not "Your Opinion Is Wrong" thread or "You Are Obviously Blind Because - - " thread.

If you dislike Lindsay/Anna and can explain WHY well and in polite way, I don't seem where the problems with Anna/Lindsay fans? The same goes with Lindsay/Anna dislikers. If they tell why they think she's great and should stay, why cannot you accept that? It's just simple as this: Someone like starwberry ice cream and some hate it more than anything. Still life goes on. I don't start debate everytime with my friends if they don't like the same ice cream than I do.

Sometimes here it's like a bunch of 5-year-old kids screaming and the winner is who has the loudest voice or who can scream longest.

I don't see what's wrong if someone says that Anna can't act (if they feel that way). As long as it doesn't go too personal, it should be ok. As long as there's good explanation "why I think she cannot act"

I'm a person who doesn't judge actors by just one work. I've seen Anna only in one episode of Without a Trace and then CSINY. I can't say she's horrible actress just because of that. As you know, I'm huge fan of David Caruso and being a fan, you just simply see lots of negative comments. Those who have seen only Horatio Caine... should see his other work before saying he can't act. I'm pretty sure same would goes with Anna. But when being a fan, you need to understand to let YourFaveActressDislikers to go. No one is forcing you to read negative comments about them. If they cannot see what you can see, it's their loss. Can't help it. Because in the end of the day, the only thing that matters is how YOU FEEL and how YOU SEE your favourite actor. And since they've chosen their career, they (and their families) must have known that it won't be all success, pretty words and wonderful praise and glory.

Like someone said earlier, there is no actor/character that everyone in the world loves.

As for moderating, Top and Bitten... and from now on MrsG have done and I'm sure will do a great job. If you feel someone is doing wrong, why not to contact the moderators and tell how you feel rather than to go in the war on your own?

I so hope in future I'll see the good discussion and not repeating about issues that have been posted again and again. This thread should be like a jammed cd in crappy cd player.

*kicks the thread*

(I began typing this before DaWacko made that lovely post up there, so forgive me if I seem redundant :D)

I have posted in this thread, and I have also posted in the threads devoted to Lindsay/Anna. I can see the reasons why viewers love the character, and I can also understand the criticisms made against the character and the actress. I know that I am not the only poster who makes a definite effort to bridge the cap between those who like Lindsay and those who do not. I try to be conscious of what I write so that I do not insult people, although it is possible that my opinions can be unpalatable either way. In the past I have made concerted efforts to bring conversation that is positive about this character into various threads on the forum, but in the end it comes down to whether other posters are willing to share their positive opinions on the matter. In no sense was I out to ‘bash’ an actress when I posted in this thread, so I find it insulting that someone would come into a thread and suggest that everyone within that thread ‘hates’ an actress, or that everyone ridicules her. If you have a problem with a comment made by a fellow poster, then the correct procedure is to take it up with that poster or one of the moderators—and I don’t mean in the middle of the thread. There is a reason that every poster is able to click the ‘notify moderator’ icon at the bottom of a post. When topics in a thread become arguments back and forth, it derails the thread and causes tension. I don’t come onto this board to see people arguing about their right to have an opinion—I come here to share my own opinion and see how others feel. If you feel that something is unfair in the forum, there are ways to say it without coming into a thread and posting generalizing statements. Not everybody in this thread ‘hates’ Lindsay or Anna, and yes, there is a difference between dislike and hate.

Now, that having been said, I don’t see the problem with you posting that you are unhappy with some of the things that have been said about the actress, BlueSmurfette. However, you could have said so without coming across as condescending and offensive. If, as you’ve indicated, you dislike the way that some people in this thread have come across, does it do you any good to come across the very same way when you are berating them? I believe that I can restate your opinion in a way that is much less generalized and insulting, but from my own point of view because I don’t want to put words into your mouth:

I am a fan of CSI: NY, and I love to watch the shows and come onto this site to discuss it with my fellow fans. Although Lindsay is not my favorite character on the show, I agree that some of the comments made in this thread have been a bit harsh. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about an actress, but I’d like to ask that everyone be especially careful what they say in a thread like this, in which there is naturally going to be a great deal of tension and debate. What one person takes to be a joke might not be interpreted that way by someone else that reads this thread. The entire point of starting this thread was to discuss why the character should no longer be on the show, but it has turned into some sort of battle and that’s just not necessary. DaWacko has put it very well, I feel. I think it’s reasonable from now on to expect any post made in this thread, be it for or against the character, to be substantiated. Because the season is over now, there is very little that can be said about the character that has not already been discussed time and time again. So I am asking, very politely, that the discussions here attempt to delve into new territory if they are to continue.

By the way, I have to add to the sentiment that I appreciate Audrina’s presence in this thread. You (and other Anna/Lindsay fans as well) have done a very nice job of explaining how you feel and what you like about the character. :D (Although I do have to wonder if you think this is a game of ‘whack-a-mole’ the way you pop in and out of your hole like that. :lol: I promise we don’t have mallets to bop you over the head. ;))

Now, back to the discussion of "Why Lindsay Must Go" or, alternately, why you do not feel that she should. :D

Faylinn said:
(Although I do have to wonder if you think this is a game of ‘whack-a-mole’ the way you pop in and out of your hole like that. :lol: I promise we don’t have mallets to bop you over the head. ;))

Naw, I don't feel abused. I'm just kidding around ;). I don't read this thread religiously, I just like to "pop in" and see what everyone's thinking, and on occasion feel moved to reply.

By all means, let the debate continue! :D

Well then,back on topic-why lindsay must go
In my opinion it just seems that the writers have tried pretty much everything to try and make the character mesh but have failed.I think someone likened the situation before to an employer and and an employee in an everyday sort of job-e.g. a sales rep.The employers thought they had a promising and talented new addition to their team but in reality she disgruntled alot of faithful customers, so they tried to remedy the situation in a number of ways:by pairing her with the most charasmatic rep they have hoping his popularity would rub off,by having her work with the boss, again, to get some talent transfer,and by letting the customers know that the popular employee she replaced will definately not be returning.Yet still, again in my opinion,it isn't working so the next logical step for any employer after all those attempts is to surely let the under achiever go to save the team.

Reading that back this makes sense in my little head but it might not to anyone else,just humour me-it's a really hot day!
Also, i do enjoy reading this thread for the interesting and often humorous opinions and debates that usually go on but WHOAH the Lindsey character does create some tension,and whatever your opinin of her you couldn't disagree with that.I just checked out the anti-Danny thread(not because i don't like him,i'm just curious:) ) and it is completely different.I wonder why does Lindsey create such strong reactions,any theories?surely the writers must realise it's not beneficial.

Lindsay must go because she's boring, inconsistant, and is dragging the show down with her. CSI: NY was beautifully syncopated before. Everything meshed, everything flowed, everything was nice. Now, it's a different story.

Anna is like a leech, sucking all the talent from the actors she shares the screen with. Without a Trace, which has come up countless times before, has her playing this love-crazed fool who, in the end, shoots the African embassador her terrorist boyfriend was going to. Her boyfriend was the man that went missing.

Sounds interesting, right?

No. If they had gotten Poppy Montgomery to play two roles, it would have been better. Hell, Enrique could have played her more convincingly. Unfortunately, this was the case in Law and Order: SVU, too.

It was a case that focused on Finn and Munch, one of the first, I think, and it could have been a breakthrough. Sadly enough, a character named Sarah didn't shine as brightly as the rest. She was more of a black hole, actually.

I remember wanting to change the channel to get away from this life sucking force, even at the tender age of 10, but being terrified of missing out on this major plot development. That's all I can remember.

Anna is not a good actress. In each and every show I've seen her in, she's stolen the show, and apparantly really does not want to give it back. Lindsay is poorly written, and somehow underdeveloped. She was mashed together in a disgusting relationship with one of the leading men, even though he's got a girlfriend, Cindy. What kind of abomination of a character would waltz in, shriek until my eardrums bleed, and instantly try to steal Danny away from the clutches of his loving girlfriend? The one that's played by the same talentless 'actress' who has the same facial expression (Did-that-portobello-mushroom-just-move?) in every role she plays.

Back to the debate... :)

audrina, you're right about Lindsay not asking Hammerback...it was a bad scene, but mostly because of the writing. I think the writing for the scenes between Danny and Lindsay just got atrocious towards the end of the season, and that didn't help the show or the characters at all.

And count me among the ones who values your presence here, audrina! I like a friendly, civil debate, and even if we don't always see eye to eye, I always respect where you're coming from.

BlueSmurfette, I think chemistry is in the eye of the beholder. There are many who see chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, and just as many who do not. Personally, I went back and forth initially--I saw mostly hostility in the beginning, and then flirting towards the middle of the season (Stuck on You, Fare Game), but by the end of the season, the writing and acting came across as very stilted and forced to me. It seemed like they were trying to write more and more scenes to create chemistry where there simply wasn't.

I found it very telling that when asked about the Danny and Lindsay flirtation, Carmine actually came out in and interview and said that he wished Danny was having a romance with Jane (Parsons, from DNA). To me that suggests that he's not so thrilled about the pairing. If you look back at interviews with him, in the Carmine Drool Thread #8, I believe (or 7, not totally sure) and at this site, you'll notice that when asked he never says much about the pairing, even when asked directly, while he'll go on and on about working with Gary. I think what's not being said speaks volumes.

Back to the chemistry issue, the reason I don't see chemistry between them is because I find them very awkward and unnatural with each other. Their delivery of the "flirty" lines sounds very scripted, and Anna seemed very unnatural when she put her hand on Danny's arm in "All Access." There doesn't seem to be a natural draw there, like I'd expect from two characters who are attracted to each other.

As for Anna herself, I think her talents are best suited to comedy, and well, CSI: NY isn't a comedy show. She's been good in some of the lighter moments, but can't seem to handle the heavier ones. I don't think she's the right fit for the show. I don't think I'd want to see Carmine play King Lear, either. ;)

Faylinn said: So I am asking, very politely, that the discussions here attempt to delve into new territory if they are to continue.

I respectfully point out that until S3, there is little new to discuss that has not been discussed before here as well as in other Lindsay threads unless we start picking apart inconsequential things like her appearance, which I don't believe any of us care about in this thread. What we have is reruns which remind us of early points and we use to underscore earlier arguments. If we are to use your statement as a guideline, quickly all posting on this entire site would all but cease.

Also, new information was the entire reason I watched what little of WOT that I did the other night. I sincerely wanted to know how much of Lindsay's annoyance for me was the writing and how much was the acting. I have seen Anna Belknap in the Handler, but I remember Hill Harper more from that show than I do Anna which negated any comparison. After watching WOT, I can say that dramatic acting in TV is not Anna Belknap's strong point.

And I respectfully point out that I said there would be little to discuss in here since the season is over. I posted that line in an attempt to stop the redundant arguments that keep cycling around this thread. If there is something new to say (or to add to a previous discussion), by all means talk about it, but I fail to see the appeal in simply repeating what's already been said countless times. The comment wasn't aimed toward a specific person or position on the issue, just the fact that so much of what is said has already been said before.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Anna's acting is a matter of preference. I'm starting to wonder if it's not so much that I think she's a bad actress as that I just don't connect to her acting. Thoughts?

^^I agree with that, Faylinn. I can't find anything in the character to empathise with and some of the expressions Lindsay has I find irritating. I was impartial to her until toward the end of the season when she began to get on my nerves, but I think that was because there was nothing to connect me to the character or the way in which she was portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back