Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showtime said:And, if CSI Files is correct, she's working with Danny and Hawkes. Could this mean less DL 'romance' shoved down our throats?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but if they think they have to introduce a new female character everytime one leaves, maybe Lindsay will be out by the start of Season 4.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Also, let's hope that it does indeed mean less DL romance. I could live with that.

Let us all hope that the new addition to the team, Jennifer Angell, does mean the death of the Danny and Lindsay nonsense that helped season two become the crap that it was. Anything that means less Lindsay I will support at this point, because if I can't have her gone, then I would love to only see her in the background while the truly talented actors and compelling characters have a conversation in the foreground. Just to clarify that by in the background I mean all dialogue should be kept far far away from Anna she just isn't skilled enough to utter even a peep.

I suspect that this tough on the outside tender on the inside character, cliché though she may be, though no more cliché than country girl moves to the big city (Country Mouse, City Mouse anyone), will be used as an antithesis to Lindsay and that at least gives me hope that TPTB may be listening after all. They have heard what an underwritten and horribly portrayed character she is, let us hope that this is but the first of many changes that will leave us with a Lindsay-free NY, if not now then soon.

Ali

^^Amen to that...the death of Danny/Lindsay. I watched RSRD and the Danny/Lindsay moments (or I should just say Lindsay moments since it seemed one sided) just made me wanna puke. Either that or rip her head off. Mac told Danny he needed to stay away from the Sonny case but then Lindsay still takes the DNA evidence to Danny first and Mac never even questioned it. I would have liked to seen him tear her a new one. When she kept asking Danny if he was ok with those puppy dog eyes...uuggghh. At least Mac insisted that Flack stay with Danny at the hospital and sent Lindsay to process Louie's clothes. Majorly relieved that Mac was the one to comfort Danny outside the hospital (though I wish it would have been Flack) instead of Lindsay. The best part was that Lindsay wasn't in this episode very much.

Maybe there is hope TPTB are listening to us.

If TPTB are listening, which it actually does seem like they are if we see the sinking of the D/L ship, then I actually have hope that by adding another female to the cast, they will listen and get rid of Lindsay.

Flack is the reason I watch the show, but if it gets rid of Lindsay, I can handle another Detective on the show.

I watch the show for everybody (especially Flack and Danny) but Lindsay. I know some people aren't but I'm excited about this new detective. I'm hoping she fits in well and that will get my mind off Lindsay. Maybe Lindsay will get less screen time which will suit me just fine.

I sure hope you're right and they do sink the D/L ship. Surely they can see that it's not working.

It does seem that by introducing a new female detective they're kinda acknowledging that Lindsay isn't working out as planned and that theyr'e trying to do something about it without making it obvious that they see they've screwed up.I know she's supposed to replace Kelly Hu but from first impressions it seems TPTB are making this a pretty thought out character ,so i gotta admit i'm excited to :)

So i was just wondering, say TPTB actually wanted to get rid of Anna, could they?I mean legal wise?

They got rid of Kim Delaney pretty damn quick when Miami started and nobody liked her character and Kim Delaney has more cred as far as acting goes than Anna Belknap does. TPTB tried to get rid of Jorja Fox and George Eads a season or two back and only a lot of whining from the fan base kept them. I really doubt you'd hear the same kind of outcry if they tried to get rid of Anna Belknap. More likely TPTB would get thank you letters.

It all depends on the contracts. Most contracts would have some sort of 'get out' clause for TPTB, whereby if the character wasn't working out, the actor could be paid off and leave the show.

If TPTB don't want to keep Anna, they don't have to.

Personally I'm a little surprized at all the Anna hate. Disclaimer, I've only seen the last 2 eps of S2, but I saw all of The Handler, and I thought she was good in that. Ah well, S2 starts here next week, I guess I'll get to see for myself.

I don't think that this new character is going to be replacing any of teh regular cast members, but will fill more of a recurring role. Much like Tripp on Vegas, the officers on LV (my apologies, I don't know their names), or even Maka on NY, they will be recurring guest stars rather than regular cast members.

If Anna or TPTB wanted out, there is an out clause - there has to be. I think that Rory Cochrane signed an agreement with CBS, and they probably made Vanessa do one too.

As to the Jorja Fox/George Eads thing, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they the instigators as far as the contract fiasco? They asked for more money, they were turned down, thet threatened to call in "sick" and CBS offered to show them the door. It was all settled eventually of course after the fan uproar.

The Jennifer Angell character may be recurring but she is a well thought out character and that leads me to believe that she has a specific purpose, whatever that may be is yet to be determined. I don't recall getting this many specifics on Maka's character prior to her arrival on the show and that means she may be around for only an episode or two but she is clearly well planned. Now, if actress portraying Det. Angell has as much talent as my cats, then she has already outstripped Anna's talents and therefore she can only be good news for the show. If she does manage to put the breaks on the overbearing poorly performed chemistry lacking Danny/Lindsay fiasco then I might be willing name a child or at least a fish after her.

I think and hope that the writers and show runners have made a concentrated effort to create a female character worthy of the viewers’ intelligence. She seems to be more than an idea that they hope works, the same cannot be said of Lindsay. Lindsay was an idea that didn't work, because Anna simply lacked the talent to make the audience believe or care, and the writers had to resort to cheap and sexist tactics to define her. Lindsay essentially became Eve, totally and entirely defined by a man, she was essentially of Danny's rib. How sad is that, she lacks power and authority, she lacks the ability to self-define and all that lands on the head of Anna. What a disappointment.

If the producers want Anna gone then there is really little she could do to stop it, no doubt an early termination includes a payoff that would be equivalent to a percentage of her remaining salary. If CBS can't afford that, I would be willing to start a collection and would be one of the first to toss money in the cup.

As someone said above when it comes to talent, Kim Delaney has Anna beat at every turn. Anna isn't even in her league, a sad fact considering the myriad of problems Kim has had in her personal life.

On a side note both Eads and Fox deny that they were not showing up as part of aggressive salary tactics. The fact that Eads and Fox can actually act makes the idea of going on without them pretty silly, not to mention they were integral to the cast and helped define the identity of LV. Anna is by no means integral to the cast and she certainly does not help define NY, her disappearance would hardly start some massive campaign, I doubt it would even make the news, unlike the LV firings.

Ali

i'm a bit scared about this new detective, who as you say, has been well thought out.

Seeing as she HAs been well thought out, i'm scared that she, like lindsay, will try and get in one of the male character's pants. this would be uncalled for, much like the whole forced lindsay/danny thing. which was appalling.

yeah i know it's been mentioned, but there was zero chemistry, and i don't particularly appreciate crap like that being forced down our throats

^I'm hoping that her purpose will be two-fold, to close the door on the Danny/Lindsay nonsense once and for all by allowing some true chemistry to shine through and to inject a little continuity into NY. Flack had a hole blown into his stomach I think it makes sense to have him still AWOL the first episode or two, because in addition to physical rehabilitation he will need a psychological clearance as well. I'd be more worried if he were to come back in tiptop shape as soon as the season began. If this Jennifer Angell character is well written and well defined by more than a crush on Danny, in addition to being well acted, which Lindsay is not, then I don't have a problem making room for her on my television screen.

Ali

As someone said above when it comes to talent, Kim Delaney has Anna beat at every turn. Anna isn't even in her league, a sad fact considering the myriad of problems Kim has had in her personal life.

Let's bring Kim Delaney to NY. I bet she'd fit in. As for Anna, I'm sure TPTB have an out clause it they wanted to pursue it. From all the chats I've read, all the actors seem to love Anna. They need to listen a little more to the fans.

I think part of the reason Kim Delaney was let go had more to do with David Caruso than anything else. I liked her character on Miami and didn't see a problem with her. I don't think David Caruso like sharing the spotlight with anybody else and yes, Kim's personal problems didn't help either.

No contract is ever binding. There are always out clauses, especially for TPTB. If TPTB decide to get rid of a character for storylines or because they're not working out, it's more than likely in their contract and I'm sure they still have to compensate for ending the contract early. Who knows what they go by when the actor wants out. When Rory Cochrane wanted out of Miami they let him but he couldn't do TV for 4 years (until his contract runs out).

Jaer said:
If TPTB are listening, which it actually does seem like they are if we see the sinking of the D/L ship, then I actually have hope that by adding another female to the cast, they will listen and get rid of Lindsay.

Amen and ditto! I'll take any new character that spares us the atrocity of Anna's acting and Lindsay's pathetic characterization.

I have a feeling that the new character is quite possibly a response to the poor reception to Lindsay and the need to address the gravity of Flack's injuries. I doubt she will be more of a threat to Eddie's screen time than Maka or any of the other detectives will be. But I think it's a good sign that Lindsay is being shoved to the side in the first episode--being third on a case with Mac and Stella is essentially just that.

^^I totally agree with that.

Less screen time for Lindsay.

I'm not worried about the new detective when it comes to Flack. After all, he is a regular cast member. He's gotta get more screen time than a guest star detective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back