Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Hey, I'm not either, but a lost viewer is still a lost viewer to TPTB. Can't be any good for their rep if their show starts getting dumped by people who aren't in the age group they're gunning for. I'm very doubtful the current 15+ million viewers right now all make up of teenagers.

Thank you. That was my precise reaction when I read that. Definitely explains a lot about her subpar acting, especially in comparison to that of the others on the cast. I mentioned once an analogy that it's almost as if she's just a child in a school play who isn't taking any of it seriously ... Who woulda thought it was dead on? :wtf: :brickwall:

Yes, exactly. In a way it's almost ... insulting to the job. Kinda like a wannabe-writer thinking, "Hey! If I can string a couple of sentences at a time that means I can be an awesomesauce writer!" Uhm, how about no?

:guffaw:

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

What boggles me is why TPTB goes over-the-top trying to cover up her bad acting or make excuses for it. You can say all you want in statements and make the other actors say nice things about her (and note this, guys, it's NEVER about her acting), but no matter how much BS you fling around, what will speak at the end of the day is what's shown on screen. Too bad for TPTB, they can't hide it one bit there, not even by cutting down her scenes to near none. :guffaw:

2. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

:wtf: This is the stupidest thing i've ever heard
    she should not try to be funny anymore :rolleyes:

the good thing: she has less screentime :)

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I don't think it's that stupid. I've heard quite a few pregnant women say that they forget they are pregnant, and then look down and think, "OMG! Baby." :lol:

Perhaps they are showing things from Lindsay's perspective. If she's 'acting pregnant' then there must be some references to it in the show, I'm not sure if it's good or bad to be honest.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think her saying, "It’s very weird in my head because you’re thinking in pretend when you’re acting,” is even more WTF? than the part about forgetting being pregnant. She sounds like an eight year old who has been cast in the school play instead of a professional actress in her mid thirties. :wtf: :shifty:

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

In response to Anna's comment, I can honestly say that I can imagine forgetting you're pregnant when you're only a few weeks along. I was in maternity pants at 8 weeks, but that was just me. I couldn't forget I was pregnant. If it wasn't the tenderness I felt, it was nausea, fatigue, etc. Now, not all women experience all of that, but come on! You announced it! Also, some teenage girls never know they're pregnant till the child is born (happened to a friend of mine, and confirmed by an OB that it is quite possible - not in all cases, but in some). But, hello, you're married, with one child, and you are 6 months along! Can you really forget, or are you stringing us along? If you're trying to be funny, we should see the video of you saying that, b/c you don't sound funny in writing.

As for "thinking in pretend", well, stop pretending, and start being Lindsay. :rolleyes: At least while the cameras are rolling.

*Stepping down from the soapbox now*

I think Anna is a wonderful person, but she may need some acting lessons. I think she has great potential, but needs to unlock that.

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

So I haven't been here for quite a while and haven't read all the post I've missed but I came across this rumour and went here to found out if it's true. And it is, Lindsey's pregnant and Danny's the father. Just perfect!!!:scream:

I really don't know what else to say. I haven't seen S4 yet, I actually wanted to buy the DVDs but it's really getting ridiculous now. I want to watch NY but TPTB make it really hard for me.

I agree (again) with all of you. Lindsey's an experiment gone horribly wrong and I really don't know why she's still on the show or why TPTB don't want to acknowledge (let alone change) it???

What is it with her character or the actress that they are not willing to see what's going on? Are there really that many Lindsey fans out there???

And how can it be that NY goes into it's fifth season and I still miss Aiden while I can't stand Lindsey? How can that be? I mean one should get used to a new character after a while, let alone three seasons but I just can't! I WANT AIDEN BACK! Or at least Lindsey gone. Maybe after she gets the baby she'll return home for a while?

Anyway, I'll try to force my way through S4 as soon as I can get my hands on the DVDs. But I'm really on the verge of giving up on NY.

7. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I don't know if it's that she has a lot of fans, but perhaps the ratings are good. If it isn't hurting the ratings, don't change it, right? I have some hope that things will actually get better with Anna/Lindsay (I kinda hope they do, but I need to see some better acting - not sure why she doesn't seem that good. Apparently, she was much better in other work she did). Anyway....

Aiden can't come back, unless people come back from the dead (I think she was killed during 2nd season - wasn't it revenge for the once case she worked?). If my memory serves me correctly, sorry, but you won't get that wish.

I don' t know where you live, but you can get the DVD's online at www.target.com. That's where I am getting mine, one season at a time! Good luck getting them!

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I totally agree with you on that one!! I didn't expect to ever love Lindsay as I much as I did (and still do) love Aiden...but by now I would have at least expected to see a well fleshed out character that I could at the very least tolerate. But no. She's been on the show almost four seasons and I still can't bring myself not to roll my eyes when she's on screen. I think the fact that so many people are turned off of her after she's been on the show this long, and for the same reasons throughout all those seasons she's been on, it shouldn't be ignored.

There are some very good Season 4 episodes, much better IMHO than Season three...but its not on the top of my list to buy, ever. The episodes I wanted I downloaded from iTunes, so I could fast forward through anything (or anyone) i didn't want to see. :lol:

I think as long as i can do that I'll be able to tolerate NY. It really is a shame though that one character can cause this much unrest though. :(

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, this comment pretty perfectly describes why there's absolutely no depth to her acting. :lol: :rolleyes:

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

There's a problem with Lindsay supposedly 'acting pregnant' in episodes previous to episode nine: Carmine and AJ were shocked when they read the script for episode nine, which pretty much means there wasn't any clue at all Lindsay was pregnant in the previous eight. So technically, story-wise, Lindsay isn't pregnant per se until episode nine thanks to bad, bad writing and bad, bad decisions. :guffaw:

It will definitely be one of those WTF shockers to audiences who don't know any spoilers. Without any build up whatsoever, it'll be hilariously and unrealistically bad too.

To TPTB's very fleeting credit, it did seem like they were intent on fixing things by separating DL and writing that they moved on with different people. But it's common knowledge now the only reason DL is even back is due to Belknap's pregnancy and it being written into the show this time around. So despite my great disappointment with TPTB, I'm giving them a slight benefit of the doubt that this pregnancy storyline was not what they wanted to roll with, but had no choice about it.

I'm pretty certain it's going to bite them in the ass in a very bad way though. I just hope they have alternate plans in the event it blows up in their faces, because this is one of those developments they can't just retcon without major implications.

11. dopebabygirl

They could have kicked anna for few eps :confused:
    would have been a lot better than the whole pregnancy thing. poor Danny

12. privatename

privatename Rookie

I have to agree here. I wish they hadn't decided to write in the pregnancy story line. I don't know why they couldn't just hide it again. Honestly, I know it must be hard to hide a pregnancy especially in the later months, but if I am watching a show where the actress is pregnant and the character isn't, I can look past the fact that you can still usually tell she is pregnant. And anytime they can get Lindsay out of an episode is okay with me :) The rest of the cast is really so good and so numerous, I really don't see the need for her.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

The irony is, TPTB will have to leave Lindsay out of a number of episodes due to Belknap's maternity leave. So regardless of the pregnancy plot being there or not, she's still gonna be vamoos for a while. That's why it's hilarious TPTB claims she'll be 'getting background development' ... while she's gone. :guffaw:

14. dopebabygirl

Let's just hope that anna will get some development as well.
    Can't they make her go to a drama school? and don't tell she was.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Sorry, but she already has an MFA. (A Master's Degree in Fine Arts for anyone who might not know what MFA is) :eek: Scary, isn't it? :wtf:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.