"Why is it happening to me?" - D/L FanFic

So I finally made it to an update. Sorry that it took so long.

Lindsay rang the doorbell and her mother opened the door.
“Hey, what a perfect timing. Just finished dinner and your dad is back as well.”
They stepped in and followed Liz to the dining room, where she had put down plates, glasses and cutlery on the table.
“Your father is with you in some minutes. He took a shower, but sit down and I take the dinner.
Danny and Lindsay sat down and Lindsay felt Danny’s strain. Under the table she took his hand, squeezed it and when he looked at her, she smiled in order to encourage him. She hadn’t seen him with this behaviour before. Danny had always acted in a self-confident way, but now he seemed to be kind of intimidated. That wasn’t the Danny Messer she had got to know within the last few months. Hopefully, everything would be fine after Danny had met her father. By thinking that, Lindsay heard Tony Monroe walking down the stairs towards the room.
Danny saw the man with short grey hair and the dark blue eyes walking in. Danny had expected everything else but not this. Lindsay’s dad had a likable look. He didn’t seem to be the strict father who interrogates every man his daughter takes home.
Danny made a step towards Tony Monroe and held out his hand.
“Daniel Messer. Nice to meet you Mr. Monroe”
Tony took Danny’s hand and embraced him briefly.
“The pleasure’s on my side”
Danny was now totally confused. He had the feeling that he had known Tony for years. He reminded Danny of an old friend from his childhood. So Danny decided to make the next step. “Just say Danny.”
Tony smiled and stepped away to great his daughter, who had stood up as well. Lindsay joined her father’s hug and could see Danny’s surprised face. Lindsay who was surprised too, could only smile. She was happy with the way her dad had treated Danny.
Danny could see that Tony was whispering something into Lindsay’s ear, but Lindsay said “Perhaps I can help mum. Excuse me.”
So this was the situation Danny had been afraid of the whole time – alone with Lindsay’s dad.
“Danny, I talked to my wife and she told be about your wedding plans” Tony said without warning.
Danny was confused and didn’t know what to say at first. He hadn’t expected this, but now he had to make the best out of it.
“Well, that’s right. I’m really in love with your daughter. I cannot live without her anymore although it took some time ‘till I realized that” After a moment of thinking Danny knew how that must have sounded to Tony. So he added “I know this looks like I wanted to impress you, but I was just telling the truth. Every word I said was true, you can trust me.”
“I do, Danny. That’s why I give you my permission. Propose to Lindsay and make her happy. I’m glad that Lindsay finally found someone who makes her feel good.” Tony said and smiled.
Now Danny was relieved. This trip to Montana seemed to be better than he had imagined before. Lindsay’s parents were wonderful and Danny wished he could have had parents like them in his childhood.
“Mr. Monroe, I need your help with this. I want to prepare something for tomorrow evening. Is it possible that you invite her to a ‘personal talk’ about me?” Danny asked
“Of course, I’ll call her when you’re back home in the evening. I say, that I want to talk to her about you. Let’s say at 5pm”
“That’s fine. I need about two hours, I think. I don’t know how I can thank you for that.” Danny said.
“You don’t have to. Just be a good husband to my daughter, okay?” Tony asked.
Then they heard Liz and Lindsay coming back from the kitchen.

hey guys, i finally made it to an update. please don't be mad at me that it had taken so long
-------

“Hey, sweetie.” Lindsay said and by passing him she patted his neck. She put down the dish and took a seat. Liz passed another dish over to Danny who took some of it.
“Dad, how’s work going?” Lindsay asked.
“It’s just fine. I have some new enrolments and three of my learners passed their driving tests today”
“Hey, that sounds great.”
“It does and it makes me happy.“
“Liz, this tastes great” Danny said and pointed at his plate.
“Thanks, Danny” Liz answered and smiled.

Two hours later Danny and Lindsay said good-bye to Tony and Liz. Hand in Hand they walked back to their apartment.
“You never told me that your Dad is a driving instructor”
“Would that have changed anything?” Lindsay asked.
“Of course not. I don’t care about your parent’ profession. I’d still love you, if your dad was a prisoner” Danny said.
“I love you” Lindsay said and opened the apartment door. They stepped in and Danny closed the door behind his girlfriend.
“I’d like to go to bed immediately, okay? It had been a though day.”
“Yeah, I’m tired as well” Lindsay agreed.
Danny put his clothes on a chair and stepped into the bed. Lindsay’s cell phone rang and Danny already knew who it was. He turned off the light and closed his eyes.
Some time later Lindsay sneaked into the room and lay down beside Danny.

“Who called?” Danny whispered.
“My dad. He’d like to see me tomorrow to talk about you.”
“About me?” Danny asked, pretending not to know.
“Yeah, he didn’t say more. He just wants to talk about you”
Danny was satisfied. Lindsay would be at her parents’ house, so he could prepare everything.

They woke up late the next morning. It was about 12 when Danny finally left the bed and went into the bathroom. Lindsay watched him leaving the room and smiled. She thought back to the day they had met the first time. She would’ve never thought that there could be anything between her and Danny, but now everything seemed to be perfect. Danny was the man Lindsay had always been looking for and now she had finally found him. But there was still something Lindsay was worrying about. Why would her dad like to talk to her? Yesterday everything had gone well. Lindsay couldn’t imagine what could be wrong. She could only wait and see what would happen. Lindsay lay there thinking about the wonderful time she had passed with Danny by now ‘till she heard Danny opening the bathroom door.

A white towel wrapped around his waist, Danny entered the bedroom. Lindsay seemed to be still asleep and Danny sat down on the edge of the bed. With two fingers he put a strand of her hair behind her ear. She looked so damn cute, Danny thought. He pressed her nose and she made a noise before she opened her eyes.
“Hey, sweetie.” Danny whispered.
“What’s this?” She asked and touched his muscled chest.
“What do you mean?” Danny smiled.
Lindsay sat up and kissed him. “I take a shower, honey.”
She left and Danny pulled out some clothes. In about 3 hours he could start with his preparation. He knew that it would be easy and the fact that he was a foreigner to this town wasn’t helpful either, but he was confident.

Until 3:30 pm Danny and Lindsay had gone for a walk. Lindsay had wanted to show him her favorite place. It had been a small clearing with a small creek. There they had sat for about an hour and a half just holding each other. Although they had not said much, it had been a wonderful time. They returned and Lindsay got ready for her ‘meeting’ with her dad. She left at 3:35pm.

Danny started to clean up the apartment and decided to call for help. He pulled out Rachel’s number and explained the situation. Rachel agreed to him and they arranged a time to meet.
Danny and Rachel needed about 3 hours and a half to get everything ready. Rachel wished Danny good luck and left. Danny sat down on the sofa and waited for Lindsay to return.
Half an hour later he heard her opening the door.

Lindsay went upstairs and pulled out the key. She opened the door and couldn’t move anymore. All she could see were about a hundred candles and thousands of petals of red roses. Her heart was beating so fast that Lindsay thought it would jump right out of her chest. What did that all mean?

Lindsay made a step into the apartment and closed the door behind her. She put her key on the sideboard and her coat on the hook. Only now she saw Danny sitting on the sofa.
Now he stood up and walked towards her.

“Danny, what…” Lindsay started.
“Please, don’t say anything” Danny said and took her hands.
“Sweetie, I know this looks terrifying to you, but there’s something really important I want to tell you.” Danny took a deep breath. “I had not thought about starting a serious relationship, but then we two had to work on that case in the zoo. I knew I had to get to know you better and I did. To me you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met. You helped me through the whole thing with Louie and you were at my side when they went after me. I had never experienced anything like that. You always know what to do and say when I feel bad and you know when it’s better to leave me alone because I’m mad. I know we had not a good beginning, but we have developed well. That’s why I never want to leave you for the rest of my life. I’ll always be at your side no matter what may happen.”
Again he took a deep breath and looked into Lindsay’s tear filled eyes.
“Do you’d like to marry me, Lindsay Monroe?”

Back