Why Aren't You Posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, Now I love Adam and I can't have a sad Adam so I will try to post more! :D

I guess the reason i haven't been posting a lot is because school and that...first year of high school so the change is a little different than last year in grade 8. And Hockey too, is gonna be slowin me down on the posts...

btw Faylin i love the Adam macro!

Oh lord, well now. Having a sad Adam would make Fay unhappy and an unhappy Fay makes everyone sad :lol:

Look out MrsG, I think Adam is taking over your job. He's definitly giving out some top notch advice. More Newbie posts are always welcome, though we might be scaring them away with this thread. Talking about how scary it can be to post and all. WELCOME ALL! We're not as scary as we seem.

Faylinn Said:
Am I the only one who feels like this thread is going nowhere fast? *sigh*

No, you're not. All that's happening is newbies coming to introduce themselves, - which is good, but a welcome thread would be better - and continuing to beat the dead horse that is those who like Lindsay/Anna vs. those who don't like Lindsay/Anna. Yes, I'm aware that I've contributed to that. I think this thread should have a finite shelf life. The poll numbers haven't changed much in a while, so I think we've got a handle on what the issues are.

PrettyEyes said:
Some new people are still posting, and this thread is helping to make things better. I don't think it's going "nowhere."

I'm curious as to how this thread has made things better? Aside from getting some newbies to post I don't see any significant difference.

My evil plan of world domination is working perrrrfectly...:devil: Mwuah-ha-ha-ha!...

*cough* Er, I mean, I'm glad you guys like the macros. ;) Really, how can anybody say no to that face? *plays with the beard*

flackie_boo said:
I guess the reason i haven't been posting a lot is because school and that..
Oh, I don't envy you.

Hannah said:
Oh lord, well now. Having a sad Adam would make Fay unhappy and an unhappy Fay makes everyone sad
...Why yes, I do believe that is the crux of the issue. :p

CSI_in_training said:
More Newbie posts are always welcome, though we might be scaring them away with this thread.
I do believe we might be.

Do not fear us--Join us. :p

PerfectAnomaly said:
Yes, I'm aware that I've contributed to that.
As have I, and it's grown tiresome and boring. So now I will simply spork--er, I mean, gently nudge the newbies to post and use Adam macros when necessary. ;) :p

flackie_boo said:
I guess the reason i haven't been posting a lot is because school and that..

That there is pretty much the same as me. Exams coming up in two weeks doesn't have me very happy...and considering that I lost my English folder w/ all my notes isn't exactly relaxing me much more :mad:

Do not fear us--Join us. :p

Oh you did that to me a long time ago Fay

Yeah school! I have exams in 3 weeks *panics*

Also blame tv...haha but there are all these tv shows that are on ...their addicting! ;)

^^Sometimes not as addicting as the internet. *has things she should be doing right now* :eek:

True, the internet is rather adictive too.
I have some homework that I'm supposed to be doing....*thinks*

I diagree that this thread hasn't really changed much. At the very least, it's cleared the air and we've at least come up with some good suggestions.

I do think we've pretty much exhausted the pro vs. anti-Lindsay topic. The input has been helpful, and it seems like both sides got to say their respective piece. I'm hoping what has been said will influence both sides in the future, but for now I think the discussion has probably come to a natural conclusion.

And I do think we should table discussion of things that happened in the forum a while back. If something hasn't been a problem recently, it's probably fair to say it's old news and not germane to this discussion.

The Welcome thread will be up soon, I promise!

Why don't i post? It's mainly because i feel lost. You guys have very strong views on most things and i always feel that maybe my views won't be as thoughtful or people will just ignore them. :) Maybe i'm just stupid.

Not that it bothers me completely but there is a lot of D/L and Lindsay hatred, i'm indifferent to them both and don't have strong views. But i think everyone has the right to express their feelings and thoughts just as i would expect someone to do if they didn't like Hawkes or Mac, and hopefully people would acknowledge them and not berate them for there opinions. Personally, i just think its because people have very very strong views...on both sides. The D/L supporters are passoniate that D/L are meant to be togethor and the anti-D/L are passionate that they aren't. It's tough when your so sure that you are right. But hey, stubborness can be a good thing. It allows you to have intellectual conversations...as long as you don't use your stubborness to inflict hurt on other people.

And i don't just see the anti-D/L fans being mean to the D/L fans. It works both ways. Sometimes i come onto the board and D/L fans aren't the easiest people to get on with. It's a big put-off for newbies.

EDIT: Damn, i'm about 3 days too late...hmm.

newyorklover said:

You still said what you felt, which I think was the original point of the post. And you raised your opinion in a succinct way, so no, you are not stupid ;).

Um, Fay you want us to post more so we can see Adam macros less? I think it should be the other way around. Adam rewards could make me come up with some really witty and provocative stuff.

NOLAGRRL said:
newyorklover said:

You still said what you felt, which I think was the original point of the post. And you raised your opinion in a succinct way, so no, you are not stupid ;).

Agreed. Stating your opinion despite repeating what some others have said isn't wrong. If it was, I would have been sent packing after my first post. ;) :) No one who posts here is stupid. If posts are short, long, insightful, funny, silly, etc. - it doesn't matter. All have the potential of offering a new perspective on things. :)

I almost forgot: Welcome to all the newbies that have posted since my last welcome. :)

Well to be truthful im quite sick of the Love/Hate Lindsay/Anna argument. Like some ones already said the Mac/Peyton and Mac/Stella fans get on fine! :)

I just got to say.... Come on Newbies we arent scary honest (well.... :lol:) and I love to see new people on here I can remember to when I first posted when I was trying to get used the rules etc I was really wary about posting!! BUt now I justpost whatever I think! :)

catey1234 said:
I used to love the spoiler thread, but it is not a good place to go anymore. While I realize everyone has opinions, it is a very negative place, with a lot of swearing and repetition of the anti-Lindsay rhetoric. While I appreciate not everyone likes her, the abuse the character and the actress take in that thread itself is disheartening. I wish there was a thread simply for the placing of the spoilers and a second thread for the voicing of opinions on the spoilers. That way, people who simply want to know what's going to happen don't have to wade through a minefield of negativity.

I agree, there seems to be a lot of anti-Lindsay in the spoiler board which is usually my first (and sometimes only) stop on Talk. Often, when a spoiler is posted about a D/L scene or a just plain Lindsay scene, it's like you can literally hear the groan among posters. Now, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with people complaining about such scenes, that's fine, a matter of personal opinion, etc. But on the flip side, it's seems more often than not if someone even utters a simple "yay!" for an upcoming D/L or Lindsay scene, there are five different people jumping on their back about it. I don't think anti-D/L/anti-Lindsay posters, the majority at least, have the intention of, for lack of a better phrase, "putting people down" for opposing views. In fact, they're are a lot that will throw in a "I'm sorry if I'm offending you..." It's just the spoiler thread has this somewhat unnerving atmosphere if you support Lindsay and/or D/L. If you are a supporter, you know what myself and others are saying. If you aren't, I suppose it may not be quite as clear...I dunno.
To cut my rambling short, I agree with Catey, it'd be cool if there was a separate thread for spoilers or at least a better distinction between spoilers and people's personal take on them. In fact, it might be a more pleasant spoling experience if people could leave commenting on the characters/actors/ships (outside of discussion of ep. spoilers themselves and who/what they entail) to more related threads. I'm not sure if that makes much sense outside of my own head right now, forgive me, it's early for me here.
Anyways, yeah, that's just me jumping on the "attacked feeling" bandwagon. On a slightly different note, if I could have picked a second, it would have been the "not much to say" choice.

Edit: Okay so, goofball that I am, I didn't realize that there has been a spoiler-minus-discussion thread established before I posted here. I guess I have a small case of tunnel vision this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back