Who's your idol?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Feb 13, 2006.

1. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I don't really have a famous idol but there are people in my life i look to especially when times are hard and because of how they help me they are my idols.

First my best friends because they get me and know when to stop unlike some family members. They always know how to cheer me up and make me see the bright side of life :)

Next my form tutor. Now im gonna just copy what lizzy said except change it to him lol coz its basically the same hope you dnt mind!
    I look up to him and he's just great. I feel good when I'm around him. He actually cares about what i have to say and is always there when i need to talk.

Thats why they are my idols

2. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Now, I know this is going to come as a shock to you all, but I have to say my only idol is Jorja Fox :rolleyes:

But I have my reasons; it's not just only because she's a gorgeous and amazingly talented actress. It's because she's one of the few celebrities that comes across as human. She's like the girl down the block. Money and fame hasn't gone to her head, and every time you hear her speak or talk in an interview she's just very real and you can't help but fall in love with that. And for goodness sake, someone give her a slice of humble pie :rolleyes:

Another thing that I admire so much about her is her ability to speak her mind without prejudice or the fear of other people saying things against her. She's basically done the things I've always wanted to do. My problem has always been that I was always so young, so I didn't think anyone would ever listen to my voice or take me seriously.

Thanks to Jorja, I now know that young people can do great things.

3. sanderslove

sanderslove Police Officer

My idol is Eric Szmanda he is a fantastic actor, not to metion he is so caring. That is only 2 of the reasons he is my idol. Eric justs inspires me in so many different ways I can not even begin to decribe them. :D

I also admire Criss Angel he is just so inspiring & mindblowing. :)

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On CSI, Bily Petersen and Jorja Fox.. in the world of news Larry King.. he's awesome.. on nightime hosting Jay Leno..and in the world of rock & roll, Mick Jagger.. he's still awesome, in real life ME ;)

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

My idol would have to be Mandy Moore because she has the talent to keep going even after her crazy teenie bop phase and come out with an amazin album from the heart. She gives to charities and does the best to not offend or get arrested because she knows her fans look up to her.

6. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Oh my goodness, I don't know how I found this thread but I did. I need to update my post!

I don't really have "idols", but I love heroes, I guess. Frank Iero has been my hero for... well this summer makes it 2 years. :) He's honestly just the most genuine, friendly, funny, caring person I know of. He gives me hope that there are still decent people out there. xD He's had to go through so much to get where he is now, and he still has to deal with things at the age of 27 (for example anxiety and depression). I guess I can just relate to him a lot and I want to meet him more than anyone! :)

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i have! i did my BA dissertation on women in WWI so she came up quite a lot (although i didn't use her as a subject in the end).

i really like britney too :)

i have a few idols i guess - it's hard to narrow it down. i guess the top few would be:

1: george orwell - amazing writer, and we seem to have the same politics. plus he was never scared to get up and fight if he had to (i'm actually pretty pacifist but standing up to fascism was a really important exception).

2: solzhenitsyn - another amazing writer, wrote about his experiences in the soviet gulag. even after they imprisoned and exiled him he carried on exposing the truth.

3: wilfred owen and siegfried sassoon - these guys sum up my opinion of war. i adore owen just for the lines "My friend, you would not tell with such high zest/To children ardent for some desperate glory/The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est/Pro patria mori."

4: aung san suu kyi - i really admire her for standing up to one of the world's last dictatorships and always doing so with graciousness.

5: richey edwards from manic street preachers - this guy's lyrics got me through school and the next few years pretty much single handedly (maybe a bit of help from pink floyd and joy division). super intelligent, amazing lyricist, terrible musician but no one cared, looked incredible, and was just great. i don't think he's still alive but it's a nice idea :)

6: morrissey - i was going to only do 5 but i can't ignore morrissey. he's just brilliant - his lyrics say so much in such simple terms. he's intelligent, witty, annoying and brilliant :)

8. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I totally agree with you, Doreen. (Don't hurl eggs at me either, please!) I also think that it was all the fame that she received at such an early age was what really drove her to go all...whoo... But as a fan of her awesome music, I've learned to forgive and forget and continue to look up to her. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is perfect. In my eyes, she'll always be Queen of Pop.

PS: I blame her parents and Disney for what she has done in the past; 1) her parents should have watched her more carefully in the past anyway 'cause fame eventually goes to someone's head, even the most pure person (like Susan Boyle getting sent to the hospital because of all the emotional fatigue and all of the spotlight and overnight fame) and 2) have you seen how Disney celebrities turn up now...? *Coughs, Vanessa Anne Hudgens, coughs, Miley Cyrus*

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

My Idol? None other than the fabulous Emily Procter :)
    Everyone that meets/interviews/works with her says she's the one of the most friendly people that they've ever met. She is so bubbly and energetic, does things for so many different charities whether it be for animals or people, and she's one of those people that hasn't let being a celebrity get the best of her and turn her into a snob. Granted there are others out there who are like her, but Emily is my favorite.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

my number one idol is my mom. my mom busts her hump, never gets a day off but she keeps on moving b/c she has to. she cleans houses all day since my dad is a teacher and barely makes enough money. i adore my mom, she's funny and most of all because she's always there for me and my three younger brothers. i wish she could relax and not stress about so much but she can't. someday i hope i can help my mom out more with finances one day to help her chill out. i know my mom will always be there for me no matter what and she works so hard... that is why my mom is my number 1 idol.

my entertainment idols are:

Kelly Clarkson: i have loved this girl since she first sang "Respect" in the top 24 of American Idol. i love how she doesn't take anyone's bullshit, she's just stayed who she truely is. i've seen her in concert so many times and she never changes she's just sweet and funny. KC is someone all girls need to look up to b/c she's just not afraid to be herself.

Jennifer Garner: i can remember watching my first episode of "Alias" in a marathon of the show back before 2nd season started and i just remember being in total awe of her. Sydney Bristow is my all time fave character on TV and one of my role models b/c Jennifer Garner played her so fantastically. i love how genuinely happy she is to be doing what she's doing. i can watch JG in interviews all the time she seems so relaxed and confident and just adorable. whatever JG is in i will see it b/c i know i will not be disappointed, she's one of the few actresses in hollywood that can adapt to a role and make it awesome.

Ingrid Bergman: i read a bio on her and she is an actress that truly loved her craft and always wanted to make herself better. Isabella Rossellini said when Ingrid Bergman had died that if her mother could not act their was not reason for her live. the woman made her last movie while suffering so bad with cancer and then died four months later..... if that's not dedication i don't know what is. in the book i read on Ingrid Bergman it was just refreshing to hear an actress talk about how much they love to act, you almost never hear that anymore. if anyone likes to act read her bio called "Ingrid: A Personal Biography" you will have a new acting idol and a great appreciation for this amazing actress.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Well celebrity wise, Billie Joe Armstrong. He's not really my idol but he is my hero. Contrary to the popular belief that surrounds me, I don't love Green Day because he's a sexy beast. Yes, I think he's hot, but I seriously look up to him - and the rest of the guys in that band - a lot. They changed my life, they came into my life at one of the most influential periods of a kids life and they seriously helped me figure out a lot about myself. They've effected everything from what I wear to how I act, to some of my personal opinions. They helped me break out of my shell. Not to mention their amazing music helped me through some of my hardest times so far and still does every day. Billie being the frontman of the group was obviously more influential but I seriously love all three guys. A lot of people don't understand why I love Green Day and why I still do after all of these years (I started liking them when I was 12 freaking years old. A year younger than my brother now.) So I always try to explain whenever I get the chance, as I have here.

My personal hero though is my Pa (grandpa). He's just amazing in everything he does. I can't even pick a few things because there are too many to say. I'm so glad that my Nannie and Pa live as close to me as they do and that I'm able to spend as much time with them as I want.

12. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Gosh, I don't have to think twice, Emily Procter!
    I think with her life, what he throw with her career, she had to fight a lot to be where she is now, one teacher said to her that she wasn't good for actress, but she didn't care about that, and here she ir!I think that's an example all of us should fold, fight for what we want.

13. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Celebrity idol would be Melina Kanakaredes. She is an actress in movies, T.V. and stage. She can sing too. But she isn't a diva. And every interview I've seen her, she's always happy to be there and excited. My dream is to be an actress and I think that if I ever got to work with her, my life would be complete.

Real-life hero is my grade 7/8 teacher. He was always there for me even when I was going through a hard time. It's hard to describe how awesome he was to me. My mom is also a hero to me because, well, she actually got diagnosed with breast cancer a few moths ago. But she hasn't given up and let it take over her life. She got a masectomy and now she's taking pills (instead of radiation) and things are good. Also, she's raising me and my sisters practically by herself earning like no money and it takes a strong person to do that.

14. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

my idols are :

*Patrick Swayze fan for years, i have seen the movie dirty dancing a lot more than 30 times and last Saterday i have seen the musical dirty dancing finally.
    *Michael Jackson fan for years i was shockt about his dead, i have seen him live in '97 in Amsterdam and that was super.
    *I just Love Mark Harmon and Gary Sinise they doing it great.
    *Bryan Adams he is so great live, i find him always good, but now i am fan since i have seen him live in Rotterdam it was super there.

15. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

It's tough to pick one individual out of a bunch and call them - HERO/IDOL.

People that influence us are people that enter our lives daily, intentionaly or
    unintentionaly.

TV, music, movies, actors/actresses, singers. etc... etc... These people that
    move us (hopefully) in the right direction in life. To every person listed here is a hero in their own way to some one.

But over all I think I have to thank my parents for the love & support, and for helping me become a better person everyday. For the knowledge that I have gained through their experience in life. They are my true heroes.

Thank You, Mom & Dad.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009