Who's your idol?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Feb 13, 2006.

1. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Michelle Branch.

What an amazing woman! She's been such a great role model since the beginning when she first appeared! She never sold herself for the media, never started horrible gossip about others, and her music is pure and true. She writers and produces her own music! How amazing.

When she got married, she didn't go around acting like a fool and squeezing her way into every magazine to talk about it and she even had a child! Plus, her and Teddy (husband) are going strong. Something you rarely find in well balanced celebs.

Michelle is gorgeous, pretty and her music is from the heart. She is my idol and always will be. And my wife one day but that's a whole other story. :lol:

2. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

My first idol is Kelly Clarkson becasue she's so down to earth and doesn't care about what she looks like and everything. And my other idol is my friend/roommate Cassidy because she can so easily ignore what others say about her and is so strong when everyone is against her.

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Marg Helgenberger and German tennis player Steffi Graf, who present smart, stong women with soft hearts and a great sense of humor really well. Another thing I really love about them both is they never get bothered by whatever people say about them and they just keep being themselves. :)

4. dittohead

dittohead CSI Level One

jeremy clarkson
    maggie thatcher

and another.. who i cannt name, cos its..against rule, etc.. ;)

5. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Britney Spears.

Now before you guys pelt me with eggs, let me explain why I adore her. She's nice and friendly and is an amazing performer and dancer. She's one of the most successful female artists of all times and has lots of hit singles. She's beautiful and has a beautiful heart to match. I'm sure she'll make a great mother to her son. I don't care what people say about Britney; esp the bad stuff. To me, I look upon those as her flaws. Everyone had flaws. She is after all human. Don't we all make mistakes and have traits that people dislike? I look past all the negative stuff about Britney and look at all her good points.

The reason why some people think Britney is "slutty" is because of her transformation from a good girl to a bad girl. I think that happened to her cos since she was 16, she's been in the spotlight and it was pressure that drove her to become like that. Also the need to find out about herself; to discover who she really is.

I've liked Britney since "Baby One More Time" came out and I will always like and support her no matter what the media and other people say about her; good or bad.

6. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park.

I use to have be gaga over this guy, but now, it sorta faded. This guys is multi talented.

This guy wrote every song in his side-Linkin Park project, Fort Minor.He even played every instrument, unless credited so. He can rap, he can sing, and he's a very good painter. His lyrics are so true, so real. I can relate to them. The angst is so there. He deserves to be an idol.

And Linkin Park isn't about drugs, sex and rock and roll. Hell, I don't recall LP having crazy antics. They're very influential in a good way.

So, yeah, Mike's my idol.

7. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Jorja Fox. She inspires me.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I have a few more. Sportsmen tho :p

Saku Koivu and Mario Lemieux. Hockey players. Both had cancer and survived from it and continued their career. There's just so much admiration when I see those two on TV.

9. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Ya know, I admire how Doreen was able to give an "in-your-face" answer to this question. I use to look at Britney as a little slutty, but Doreen was quite right.

10. Lizzy_004

Lizzy_004 Pathologist

I've got two Idols.
    First, Marg Helgenberger, because she's on the #1 show at the moment, and I don't see her acting like a diva. She stays just Marg. And in interviews I wouldn't even think she's famous, so normal does she seems, and that's what I like about her.

Second, a teacher of mine. I look up to her and she's just great. She really cares about her students, and is really nice. I feel good when I'm around her. It makes her class also a little bit more fun :)

11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Mine is Pete Wentz. Yes, him. :rolleyes: I think he's a great role model actually. He's an amazing lyricist and bass player. He can be very mature (he only had to do 1 more semester to get a degree in political science but dropped out for music), yet he's still a kid at heart (for example: trying to go down stairs in a golfcart :lol:). In 2006, he tried to commit suicide. He said he was completely lost and there was so much pressure on him because Fall Out Boy was in the middle of recording an album. He just wanted to shut everything off so he overdosed on pills. He was rushed to the hospital and lived. He got over that, however, and talked about it on a website to help people going through depression. Writing songs is like therapy to him. He created Decaydance Records which has signed many artists like Panic! At The Disco, Paramore, Gym Class Heroes and Cobra Starship. And he has his own imprint of Fueled By Ramen (record company). He has his own clothing line, Clandestine Industries, and has wrote a short book about terrifying nightmares he had when he was little. :p He recently took a trip to Uganda for Invisible Children. He camped out there with his band Fall Out Boy to raise awareness about the war going on in South Africa.

That's why I love him. :D

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Idols? Let's see.

Linda Perry, been looking up to her for a very long time. I think she is amazing.

Kathy Fisher for writing wonderful songs and interpreting them in such a beautiful way.

Virginia Woolf, she is such an inspiration. She has such an amazing way of expressing herself. I've been fascinated with her ever since I read her short story "Monday Or Tuesday" for the first time. I read it so many times that I knew it by heart after a week. She was an outstanding author.

I also look up to some 'ordinary' people that I know personally. But those 3 women I mentioned are my 'heroes' ;)

13. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Well, my slightly shallow one is John Reynolds. That guy is flippin' awesome, absolute legend!

My other two are for personal reasons. My Uncle, who is the most wonderful guy in my life, and I adore him sooo much. The other is my Mother. She's coped with some tough things, and come out of it beautifully, and she is not only a mum, but a best friend, a confident, a confessional, a judge and a jury, all wrapped up in this wonderful package.

^^Dude, that sounds so sentimental, huh? But, that's who they are.

14. Lizn8rFoxy

Lizn8rFoxy Lab Technician

my "obsession" right now is Jorja Fox! i am like fixated on her and only her! it is strange but what can a girl do? :rolleyes:
    Jennifer Garner... Amazing actress/person/rolemodel.

cant help but to love em!

15. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

My idol? Oscar Wilde, Walt Disney, and Elphaba. I can't pick just one.

If I had to though it would either be Oscar Wilde or Gregory Maguire (Author of Wicked.)