Who's your idol?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Feb 13, 2006.

1. misscsiny

misscsiny Lab Technician

Who is he/she? Why is/she your idol?talk about everything you want!

mine is Sidney Crosby!!I love him because he inspires me, even if I'm not a hockey player (maybe I'll be one soon, but that's another subject). When I'm losing a race, or when my legs hurt a lot during a hard training, I think about him, I think about his ambition and everything he gave when he was young to be now, at 18, in the NHL. I feel a bit better after this. He really is down to heart, really talented and incredibley good looking.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I think we had this topic a while back.:D

But mine would be William Petersen, smart, cool, and smart and cool. :lol:

3. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

Mine is Kurt Cobain...obviously :rolleyes:. I'm obsessed. He just inspires me, i adore his music and he inspired me to learn guitar. Yes :D

4. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

My idol is my granddad :D he's the coolest ever! When he knew I was interested in Celtic stuff he, at the age of 80, started reading about those things so he could talk to me about that. He taught me the history of Prague and of his (and thus my) family. He taught me to survive in the woods, the names of the mushrooms and which were poisonous and which were not. He wrote a novel when he was 82 (at the computer haha). Plus!! He is very handsome for a grandpa :lol: He suffered from liver cancer and they discovered that last year, when he was 85, had huge surgery and miraculously recovered and is back to his old self again.. hmmm, funny thing is, it's his birthday today.. he turned 87 :D If only I could be so lively like him when I'm older and inspire my grandchildren!!

My other idols are my sisters.. each of them have this unique piece character that I would like to own. They each inspire me in their own way. :)

I don't really have famous people that I see as idols.. just as fantastic people. Well I'd be blessed if I could paint like Alphons Mucha.. his work rocks!

5. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

Mine is William Petersen.
    And Churchill.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

it was heroes. This is a different thing.

My idols. I think Mika Myllylä, despite of how his career ended (he was great cross-country skier). Other skiers like Harri and Marja-Liisa Kirvesniemi, Marjo Matikainen. How awesome I felt when I watched them winning.

Seppo Räty (javeling thrower) was awesome :D

That's all for now :p

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Mine is Gwen Stefani and here's why...

Gwen was born with dyslexia which is probably one of the most common learning disabilities out there. However, through the power of song and music she was able to overcome it. She also formed a band in which she was the only female member. She had some tragdies in her life with the first lead singer of ND commiting suicide to her brother quitting the band to her bf in the band(Tony Kanal) breaking up with her. She was able to put that behind her and continue her sucess with ND even though her ex was in the band. The band was a one hit wonder at one point but instead of giving up like most people she kept trying and put ND on the map. She then broke the mold out of her punk rock princess status and gave music a whole new spin. She ventured into the hip-hop area with new people even though fans began to complain. Because of that she was able to try something new and make some new and loyal fans along the way.

It's because that even though she went through all these hardships she kept her head up and saw things in a positive light. She took chances and because of that she's more sucessful then she was a few years ago. Gwen rocks!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

1.) Formula 1 driver Ayrton senna died on Imola may 1, 1994,
    2.) Dakar drivers Fabrizio Meoni, Cyril Despres, Jan & Gerard de Rooy & Hans Stacey
    3.) the man who is like a father to me, former NFL Rams player and actor Fred Dryer
    4.) Stepfanie Kramer
    5.) the FDNY and all the firefighters in the world

that`s it

9. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

I have two idols. The first one is Pete Sampras, for his mental stenght, his ability to never give up. Well I could go on and on, better not. Let's just say I admire the man immensely.
    My other idol is Bryan Adams, and not because he's writes some pretty tacky ballads sometimes. He's just..he's managed to stay humble during his entire career. I admire how he handles being a celebrity and never lets it go to his head.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

My idol is my dad because he taught me not to be ashamed of who I am. Plus, he's awesome. He'll watch CSI with me, Ranma with my sister, he's just the coolest dad ever.

11. Palm

Palm Coroner

My idol is Edith Cavell.
    No one's heard of her, but she was a British Nurse in the First World War who helped Allies escape to freedom. She was executed, naturally, but they did name one of the most beautiful mountains in Jasper National Park after her.
    She's my idol because she kinda inspires me to stand up for what's right. :)

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yay Alberta. :D That is quite an honor. I've been there many many times.

13. kou_seiya_girl

kou_seiya_girl Prime Suspect

Definitly George Eads. I just love that man. I wonder why...

14. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

1) Lee Ann Womack. She's an amazing singer, and she's very pretty.

2) Jorja Fox. She's just really amazing to see on screen.

3) Susan B. Anthony. She stood up for what she blieved in. Plus, she's on money.

4) My dad. Although he doesn't have the best of habits, he's steered me clear of doing what he's done and wants me to do my best. He'll aslo listen when I get in my television moods and talk endlessly about one show or another. Which not many people do.

15. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

I don't have idol.....But I do love Jorja :)