Who owns a pair of Latex Gloves?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Jul 1, 2006.

1. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Interesting topic. I don't actually own any, but I have to use them at work, blue ones. My hands are small and I always have problems finding ones that fit.

I can't stand the powdered ones. If I do buy them I use them to clean in. :)

2. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

I own half a box of them... The other half was used when I was painting my house.

3. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I have one pair...they came in my First Aid kit, lol. I haven't used them yet, they're huge and I have small hands. :lol:

4. hollie

hollie Pathologist

I want latex gloves!! I remember when i was little I used to always steal a bunch from my doctor's office and play with them.

5. newflame13

newflame13 CSI Level Two

I have five pairs. Sadly. I use them went I'm cleaning. :(

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i had some for my anatomy lab last year, and ill get more this year. the prof and ta had blue ones but the ones they sold us at the book store were normal white ones :( it wasnt fair. i liked to snap them and tell my lab partner to turn his head and cough, or bend over. im weird like that. then there was the day i ripped the tip off with tweezers by accident, i wouldnt touch our mink after that because i was grossed out

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm allergic to latex :(
    so Mr. Grissom, when you are swabbing my mouth for DNA, please wear your latex free gloves or you might have a corpse on your hands :eek:

Seriously not that allergic I have some white ones in case of emergency, I teach preschool so I need them for **yucky stuff**

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

i own some. I use thm when I'm cleaning!

9. meandmac

meandmac Rookie

i asked my dentist if i could take some from her office. she said yes! * little dance*

10. wibble

wibble Corpse

I don't own a pair, but I've used them loads of times as I'm doing a Biology degree, and especially last summer when I was doing a reseach project working with yeast cells.

Usually though I don't find them very comfortable as I have big hands/long fingers, unless I manage to find a box of large-sized ones :p

11. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I don't have any latex ones, butI've used them all the time over the past 3 years in completing my chem major/bio minor, and working in the lab. However, I don't get to use latex much- my school won't buy it because of the allergies. So they buy the vinyl gloves, which are AWFUL, because they have no resistance to many of the chemicals we work with in the chem lab. They're okay for medical work, because water,and any biologicals are fine, but organic chemicals dissolve them upon contact. During the summers (I wasn't at my school), I used the purple nitrile gloves-they're a pretty good compromise. It's hard for me to find ones that fit- I'm pretty much between a medium and a large. The medium is slightly too tight, and the large are too big.

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

Oohhh cool ^ *is envious of pizzapie who's worn purple nitrile gloves* ;)

I've worn green ones before too, though can't remember what those were for specifically :confused:

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I remember an episode of "Cheers" when Frazier Crane came in with a bouquet of latex gloves balloons. He went into the back room where a dart game was going on and... I think you can guess the rest.

14. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

I have them on hand for when I dye my hair. The ones that come with the dye are cheap pieces of cr......crud. I carry them at work too....unfortunately, you never know when you might have to stick your hand in a toilet to retrieve a bathroom pass in the boys restroom. (Last year, 5 times!)

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Eww, that sucks for you iwantboromir. Is it always the boys? ;)

Oh, so the purple gloves are nitrile gloves, then? Or are there also just regular gloves in purple as well? I remember Dr. Hawkes wearing purple gloves during season 1 of CSI:NY...

If purple is a specific color to nitrile gloves, does that mean that other colors signify something specific about the nature of the gloves, as well? *is curious*

Oh, and latex glove balloons? Too much fun! :lol: