Who do you think SARA should be with??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had a true 110% love before. I like the fact that Grissom and Sara are taking forever. So long as they hook up by the final episode of the series. *hopefully not for many years* I will be happy. Sara had the two-timer Hank. I'd like to smack him. Grissom has to get 'involved' with someone for a while too. I don't mean Lady Heather... No wait, maybe I do. I think Sara is biding her time until Grissom 'wakes up'. When all is said and done; IMO, they really do belong together.

don't let me sway your opinion one way or another, but while I was reading this, my sister who's watching CSI in the background (the ep with the dead guy in the airplane?) yelled out "I don't like Sara with Grissom!" Now, my sister is by no means a shipper (I doubt she even knows what a ship is), so I went innocently, "Why?" and she said, "Because they're flirty!"

So there ya go. The GSRs can be encouraged to know that even a non-shipper sees their flirtation and non-GSRs (Snickers, Sandles, Warrick/Sara-ers, etc - note: I said 'NON'-GSR NOT 'ANTI'-GSR 'cause we're not about anti-ship here :D) will be glad to know that there's another one of their own in the making.

:lol: I LOVE how ships are all about interpretations/perceptions.

I like will they/won't they stuff for a little while, but after a couple seasons it just gets redundant IMO. If TPTB insist on putting them together, fine. But they either need to validate this ship or sink it soon. There is only so much you can take. 6 seasons are enough. I'm hoping they put an end to it soon. Im rapidly losing respect for both characters involved. Sara is redeeming herself by appearing to move on, but if she ever gets with Grissom I will be done with the character. I can't stand insecure people who allow themselves to be manipulated by others, and to me letting a guy who turned you down get with you on his terms is a sign of a lack of self-respect. If i were Sara I wouldnt give him the time of day romance-wise. JMO. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

This quote sums it up best, i guess:

"No man is worth your tears, and when you find the one who is, he won't make you cry." (at least not on purpose)

YEAH good point ollieuan!

And Sara/Grissom IMO don´t have as much chemistry as Sara has with Nick, Warrick or Greg.
The GSR "flirting" seems forced to me. In eps like The Hunger Artist they put all this romantic music in the Sara/Grissom scenes but there is nothing in their body-language indicating they are attracted to each other. Only a word here and there that is not matched in non-verbal communication or chemistry.
I can´t see sexual attraction bw Sara and Grissom. It looks cerebral and platonic. I also can´t imagine Grissom in a relationship with anyone. JMO.

But my main reason for not shipping GSR is Grissom´s behavior.
He´s treated Sara badly and I don´t think GSR is a good "rolemodel" (for any gender).
What does it say about Sara, and women in general, if she would still be waiting for Grissom to come around after all he´s done?
Should Grissom´s behavior be rewarded in such a way that he "gets the girl" even though he´s been an a** and never even made an effort or took a risk. Sara´s done all the work.

Should the stereotype of men as emotionally unavailable and afraid of committment- and women as emotional and more inclined to make sacrifices for love be upheld. (Not to mention the whole "older man with power/younger female in dependent position").

Is it a better moral to the story if a guy who is brave enough to express his feelings, takes risks for love and treats the woman he´s loves good DOESN´T get the girl?
No.

That´s why I like Greg for Sara. :) Finally a guy who isn´t knee-deep in the macho stereotype. Same goes for Nick who is never afraid to express his feelings. And they both treat Sara with respect. And as a friend and an equal.

That´s why I like Greg for Sara. Finally a guy who isn´t knee-deep in the macho stereotype. Same goes for Nick who is never afraid to express his feelings. And they both treat Sara with respect. And as a friend and an equal.

Go NICK :D!!!!!!!!!! or Greggo.....

if it counts for ne thing i think sara should be with either nick or greg.

i say nick because they would make a really cute couple and they work so well 2gether. they are 2 very compatable people who seem to get along pretty much all the time. i dont remember them saying nething too bad 2 or about each other.

i also like the sara/greg romance because he seems to have a crush on sara. plus in 4x4 *CAUTION: possible spoiler* sara gives a possible liking for greg by saying that she saw everything in their little shower scene. greg shows he at least has respect for her by NOT looking at her in their shower together. Another ting is that they may not be the worlds perfect match (either nick/sara and greg/sara) but how many relationships, especially on tv, are perfect? the odds of a perfect couple are probably 1:100 or less.
i aso like the sara david pairing but i dont really have ne reasons why. i just think they would make a cute couple.

well thats my 2 cents. srry if i affend ne1 :( dont try 2 its just my oppinion, though its nothing special.

another thing. i think that sara/grissom would be like the worst thing ever because i am a g/c shipper all the way!
:(again srry if i affend ne1 i really dont try 2.

But my main reason for not shipping GSR is Grissom´s behavior.
He´s treated Sara badly and I don´t think GSR is a good "rolemodel" (for any gender).
What does it say about Sara, and women in general, if she would still be waiting for Grissom to come around after all he´s done?
Should Grissom´s behavior be rewarded in such a way that he "gets the girl" even though he´s been an a** and never even made an effort or took a risk. Sara´s done all the work.

Should the stereotype of men as emotionally unavailable and afraid of committment- and women as emotional and more inclined to make sacrifices for love be upheld. (Not to mention the whole "older man with power/younger female in dependent position").
Word...so much word.

Maybe it's the fact that i was raised by a single mother who was also raised by a single mother, but i have a general respect for women and would hate for Sara to lower herself to the fool-for-love standard just because Grissom decides to wake up and smell the hottie. Neither my mom or grandma would ever lower themselves to that level for a man (at least past the age of 25 -- anyone past that should have enough life experience to know better) and i would hate for Sara to because she has always come across as an independent no-nonsense female as well. You see that a lot with female characters on TV. They start off strong-willed but then the writers always seem to play up the "women are slaves to their emotions." Not all women are slaves to their emotions. In fact, Sara always seems to channel her emotions into dedication to solving a case.

One thing I don't understand at all..is that why do you guys think Sara is waiting for Grissom? What has she done that makes you think so? I really never got that vibe. She loves Grissom, and her love is unconditional that's why she doesn't push Grissom and doesn't judge his act. She is not forcing her love on Grissom. She loves him, period. Love is not a compromise that you can say, "You love me and I'll love you back." It's not materialistic thing. And we don't fall in love with someone thinking it is moral or not. And why do they have to be a role-model?
Are/were Romeo-Juliet a role-model to all lovers out there. Those couple who suffered their entire life because they loved each other? What is a role-model?

And can you give me a few examples where Grissom has treated Sara that badly like you guys are saying?
yeah he didn't go to dinner with her and Sara was unhappy. Credit to her, she let him know that she knows he feels for her(thus the "till the time you'll figure it out, you might be too late," but that was a long time ago and lot of things changed. Have you realised how many times Grissom has acted cold towards Nick? Yeah, that's Grissom. Grissom has got flaws but you can't deny that he's awesome as well. He can connect to everybody but himself that why he barely talks about himself. Sara, Nick, Cath ,Warrick, Greg ..they all have their own flaws like Grissom.

How did Griss hold Sara back? Don't you think Sara would have moved on a long time ago..if she really wanted to.I don't think Sara is a kind of person who hangs on Grissom because he has thrown her some flirty hints. Ofcourse she enjoyes it...like everyone in her position would..but that's not the reason why she feels for him. She loves Grissom and she's fine with that. Guys, at least wait and listen to Griss's part of story before you say that he's coward and doesn't deserve Sara. There have been many times when I wished Sara to have fallen in love with someone else...who is less darker than Grissom. But that would be my subjective view as a result of that particular scene.
There should be some reason for why his work is his life and why is he the way he is. I'm pretty sure we'll know about it in future episodes. (like we'll know where Warrick lives...lol OT there). Anyway what I mean to say is listen to Grissom's part as well before you judge his character.
In his word, look for the whole part before you judge things with just some piece of a puzzle.

Personally, I never said Grissom did anything awful to Sara. He never has. I was ecstatic that he turned her down, and that he admitted he'll never be able to do anything about his feelings. I don't think he loves her in that way. I also never said Sara was waiting for Grissom. I certainly hope she is not. I even said it appeared as if she moved on. That's my whole point. If it does turn out that she has been carrying this torch for him and welcomes him with open arms, than i will be disappointed and feel cheated as a viewer.

Regardless of whatever Grissom's trauma drama or whatever his issue may be, it still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't deserve her. I don't care if his wife got ran over by a Jeep on safari and dingoes ate his babies, if he really loved Sara then the only thing that would matter would be her. I have nothing against Grissom. He's not my fave character, but i like him well enough. I just don't like him with Sara. They don't complement one another IMO.

Nicely said, Sidle...Most people think love needs "feedback"..but i don't think so, you love someone one doesn't mean she or he should loves back.....I think it's one of the most important distinguish between human and animal: Animal's love is out of instinct..they need offspring.......but does every human neds too?

So...many people think Grissom treated sara "badly"..they mean he didn't give her promotion, he didn't give her previlege, he didn't give her rose, he didn't slept with her.....That is so-called "love"?

Then unfortunetely, the first one say "I love you" mostly the first one who escapes when you're in trouble...

Who's the one sent sara to her home when she had DUI? who's the one asked why she was so angry at domestic abuse? who's the one checked if she was OK after the lab explosion?...that were actions..not flowers and poems.

AMEN! Sidle and ancienttomb you guys are my debators for GSR. Thank God you guys are here. I'm just a kid, and I don't know anything about love, so its good you guys are here to help me understand.

Nicely said, Sidle...Most people think love needs "feedback"..but i don't think so, you love someone one doesn't mean she or he should loves back.....
ITA. That's why I don't think Grissom is in love with Sara. I think the love between Grissom and Sara isn't really romantic, if it's there at all. Just because Sara is (was) crushing on Grissom doesn't mean he feels the same.
So...many people think Grissom treated sara "badly"..they mean he didn't give her promotion, he didn't give her previlege, he didn't give her rose, he didn't slept with her.....That is so-called "love"?
Again, I don't think he has treated her "badly" per se, but he should at least have had the decency to either let her know there is no chance or explain why he feels the way he does. He did neither, and IMO if he truly loved her he would have, not wanting to risk losing her completely.
Who's the one sent sara to her home when she had DUI? who's the one asked why she was so angry at domestic abuse? who's the one checked if she was OK after the lab explosion?...that were actions..not flowers and poems.
Well, in all fairness Grissom was called because he is her supervisor. I'm sure not of her free will. What was of her free will was having a good time with Warrick & Nick. Also, everyone has worried about her infatuation with domestic abuse cases, and Nick has called her out on it just as many times as Grissom, i believe. Nick also checked on Sara after the explosion, but in a different and more intense way. Instead of calling her "honey" he was real with her and basically said "look, i know you may have gotten through this unscarred but you're not superwoman." Also, who was there for her after the suspension? Grissom, yes, but also Greg. By the logic of actions the whole dang crew "loves" Sara, and they all do, in a way, but is it romantic? No, not necessarily.

I guess it sounds like im anti-GSR, but i'm really not. I just interpret their relationship differently than most.

I'd also like to add that I absolutely love this thread because it allows me to stretch my debate muscles (something i haven't done near enough lately...). If I come across as belligerent or combative i want to apologize. I love everyone on this thread regardless of ship preference. I just tend to get really into debates. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back