Who do you think SARA should be with??

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Sidle_my_Idol, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe I just lost my dinner!!!

2. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Let's go through it piece by piece:

Grissom - Oh, Gris. You really know how to make a girl...wait. And wait. There is a history there and nobody wants to see those two crazy kids work it out more than me. However, Sara was right in "Play With Fire." Once Grissom realizes what he wants, he'll be staring forlornly at his ant farm in the old folks home while Sara is hopefully making a happy life with...

Greg Sanders - Our Greggo. He's cute, well rounded, highly caffienated, and makes no apologies for his genius (rather, solicits compliments at all times). And crushing on Sara. Hardcore. He also gets bonus points for having a social life outside of corpses and law enforcement officers. Seems like he would be good with kids, if Sara's into that.

Nick Stokes - Could charm the pants off of something utterly pantless. Good heart and good looks but alas, simply a good friend.

Warrick Brown - I have never considered Sara and Warrick together, although Brown Sugar is much more chilled out than Grissom, and unlike Greg, you won't be worried he'll say something inappropriate in front of grandparents. Could work, will never happen.

Hodges - If by some miracle this came about, it would only be to make Grissom jealous. Think about it.

Runners up include other such CSI cuties as David, Bobby, Archie, and Doc Robbins.

3. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

I was warming myself up for Sara/Greg if :mad: Grissom doesn't get his head out of the microscope, and I gave it a try.
    From earlier eps...esp in "Who short Sherlock?" "Compulsion Greg was seen maturing.
    But again in last week's "Iced" he turned out like a kid again. (pls don't be mad at me for saying this)
    When Griss and Sara were talking about Romeo and Juliet...they were interrupted by Greg, and he looked like a kid infront of two guardians.
    It was odd ...could be because of his new hairstyle or his lines/expression.....JMO here. *hides behind Sara Sidle from those who disagrees and are mad*

I really love to see them working together, but picturing them as a romantic couple is unreachable for me right now(at least in a logical and natural way).

PS- BTW these couple of episodes, I feel like Sara is not coupling with anyone....she seems great/fine on her own. It seems like whoever she's working with (Grissom or Greg)...she doesn't care...(or maybe its just me)

Or maybe I miss her working with Nick and Warrick too much.

4. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Behaving like a kid is not a big deal, that can makes sara laugh........ but i know sara doesn't like it when it's involved romance ;)

5. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I don't know, she seemed pretty happy working with Greg. Not many women laugh (especially like Sara) when a guy says "explosive diarrhea".

Personally, I don't see Greg as a kid in Iced. I think he is acting his personality and having fun with his work. Sara certainly thought the toilet experiment was fun (did anyone else think JF was really laughing in that scene?) Personally, Sara just needs to lighten up.

6. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I agree that Sara should be on her own for a while, get her groove back. I don't mind if she dates someone casually, but let's give her a break from all the in-love feelings, hey?

That guy from days who was working the night shift 'cause Ecklie keeps moving him around? He was kinda cute! She should just go out on a couple of dates with him... and maybe with Neil... and there's that good-looking fire chief back in "Spark of Life" too... hell, Sara, be a player!! :D

7. Sidle_my_Idol

Ok we got a specific view of the relationship on CSI through the CSI actor himself. And I'm very satisfied with what George said. All of it.
    So, he enjoys and understands GSR as well.
    George has mentioned that Grissom's feelings for Sara is much more deeper than just 'in love.'
    Eads is much more in favor of the subtle attraction between Sara and Grissom, which has played out over the duration of the show. "I've enjoyed watching this crush;that's been really believable. I'm enamored of the characters & they're so fascinating. They had a really soft scene in "Snakes", during which she said something really poignant about being her own worst enemy. And she kind of asked him something and he didn't know what to say, and she was kind of like, 'well, that's okay.' I really think you could see how she had figured out what her feelings for him were and that she had worked it out and she was okay with it, she didn't put anything on him to say, 'Oh, I'm sorry, this is how I am.' She didn't do any of that which is again part of the coolness of those characters. I know they wouldn't hook up because I know Grissom. I know Grissom feels the same way Nick does about work. I think he has such a love for Sara that's so much more pure;it goes beyond a romantic love. It's really the same love that I feel for Catherine, for Warrick. I would push them out of the way [of danger], but I wouldn't sleep with them." [/i]

I totally and heartly agree with George saying that Sara's feeling for Grissom is not like "I love you, so you should love me too" kind.
    She loves him, but she's fine if he doesn't love her back. It's unconditional love...which you can call true love.
    But after Butterflied she does know how he feels and what he has to deal with to pursue the relationship; Sara understands it all, that's why she's not hard on him. She's fine. And that's very cool of her.

NOw if they do decide to take Sara/Greg route then all those feelings and raw emotions that have been flowing from the season one will go nowhere.
    Personally I won't buy it if Sara/Greg hook up and Grissom will ever get over his feelings for Sara...and that's one reason why can't see Sandle as realistic.
    Sara's character is way more deeper than just giggling and laughing type and hooking up with Greg. All I'm saying is that it will require a lot of time and subtle moments to make Sara/Greg romance believable and pursuable.

Oh BTW, when Josh Berman said that Grissom has lots of secrets and all those stuffs...I interpret it as "We have no idea how to build that characters history, so for now let's just say that he's a mystery with dark history."

8. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

*tears*....... you're so nice, sidle. I don't know what to say... *throws herself at Sidle's feet* :lol:
    i'll send you the poems as soon as i finish my exams *wipes tears* :lol:

9. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Yes, GE says "It's really the same love that I feel for Catherine, for Warrick. I would push them out of the way [of danger], but I wouldn't sleep with them." This tells me that Grissom sees Sara as a friend. Oh, and he will never pursue a romantic relationship.

And if you are going to quote what actors think of Grissom and Sara, let's look at Jorja Fox's own comments in two interviews recently given where she says that Sara is finding Greg sexier and that Sara is "moving on" from Grissom. I also think that JF is a tad bit closer to this storyline then GE. :D

Is it really? If I was Sara I would have been FURIOUS to witness Grissom able to open up to a complete stranger/confessed murderer instead of her. I do agree that Sara understands that Grissom will never be able to act on a relationship with her and she has moved on.

I admit the storyline between Grissom and Sara will have ended and have been for nought, but in a way that is more realistic. How many of us have had crushes/feelings for someone for a LONG time and then nothing comes of it, and you end up moving on.

Again, I say if Grissom HAS feelings for Sara, then it's his own fault for not acting on them. And if there is one thing that Grissom can do, is let people go. I think if Greg and Sara hooked up, Grissom will be fine.

Well, I do think there is MORE to Greg then just laughing and giggling and he has proved that and I'm sure if given the chance he can prove that to Sara. As far as Sara being deeper then...having fun...well you can prefer whichever Sara you want. I like Sara when she is positive, having a good time, and enjoying herself.

I interpret it that Grissom will forever be an enigma and for ME to see Grissom and Sara seriously, he is going to have to open up to her and learn to lean on her. He has never done that and from what JB just said, he never will.

10. Sidle_my_Idol

Ok if you had read my post and GE's interview carefully, you'd have understood that both of us are saying that Sara and Grissom love each other(they always have) we're not talking about pursuing their relation here.(yes he mentioned the same about Nick/War/Cath...but the subject I was pointing at was when the interviewer asked him about ROMANCE in CSI. When the question was asked about War/Cath, GE didn't find it interesting...he said that he rather think GSR interesting and REALSTIC...) and yes he said that Grissom might never be involved romantically...but he also said that for all the CSIs. He said we're not going to see him making out or anything like that...and I think he represented Nick for all the characters. ie neither is Greg/Sara happening.
    Non of them are hooking up. (which is good, I guess)
    And did you see Greg/Sara mentioned anywhere? well I did not.

Ok Re: JF's interview. She replied that only because of the question of the interviewer(the interview asked specificallly about Greg/Sara) You see the pattern here? the answer is always based on the type of question the interviewer asks.
    Another reason could be that JF is kinda tired of her character still carrying a torch for Grissom for after so long. Ofcourse she definitely finds Greg getting sexier cause she(JF)has to work with Eric S more due to the split, so she's getting closer with ES(isn't that human nature?).
    Now all she works is with WP, ES and Aisa and LL, but mostly with ES.

The bottomline here is we can ship for whoever we want, but what we're gonna see is upto the tptbs...and I donno what their twisted mind is upto. the post was JMHO.

11. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I didn't mean to offend you, SMI, just expressed that I disagreed with your post, and wanted to state why. I like a good debate and if people disagree with my own posts, I like to see where they are coming from or see their POV.

One last thing...

I thought that WAS what this thread was about...not GSR per say but an open discussion of who Sara should be with and I just naturally assumed you posted GE's interview to back up your support for GSR which I then countered.

One thing that does eternally amaze me is how us viewers can watch the same scene but get total different interpretations. Again, I appreciate that this board is open to ALL ships so that we may all feel free to share our opinion (shipping democracy I guess you can say). ;)

12. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

I think Sara should be with whoever will make her happy.

13. lambda_T

lambda_T CSI Level One

Well stated! :)

14. Sidle_my_Idol

Well at that point I was talking about what GE said and how I agree with him. About the past and present of GSR. Cause non of us(and I guess neither does he) know about the future of GSR or any other ships.

BTW I wasn't offended at all....I know you're giving your opinion as I did...and I can't really be mad looking at your avatar of Sara smiling so lovingly.

Yes definitely. I love unity, but discussion is fun as well.
    Actually, I believe the writers leave those scenes blurry and open for every kind of interpretation on purpose. That way they don't have to stick to one route if it didn't seem to work.

Yes, all I could ask for is Sara's happiness. Anything for her smile. I just happen to love and heartily enjoy Grissom and Sara's subtle relation as well. So, I guess when you choose to be GSRer, you choose to go a difficult path.

*clears throat* maybe Sara should be with dect. Vartann. lol. He would detect her sadness and problems and help her...lol

15. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

In other words, the writers are copping out by refusing to develop the characters in any specific and meaningful way, thereby ensuring that they're all fuzzy enough so that anyone can see what he/she wishes to see in them. That's not exactly reassuring, you know. :) JB's political response to the lack of Grissom's growth was a prime example. Translation: "Um, we're afraid to do anything that will get any one group of fans pissed off and stop watching the show, so we're gonna refuse to develop Grissom at all beyond this point, and say it's because he's a mystery." Bah.

Well, she's thin enough for him. Let's hope he doesn't lock the cupboard doors like Mail-Order Bride's Husband in "Nesting Dolls", though....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.