Who do you think SARA should be with??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Grissom really is dying a little inside every time some one flirts or laughs with Sara, it's probably a good thing he didn't have a lot to do with Greg and Sara last night in 'Iced'.... it might have done the poor man in.
I disagree - the best example is when the three of them enter the crime scene. Sara notices the music, candles and alcohol, and observes somewhat wistfully that the vic was a 'Romeo', to which Grissom adds a softly delivered quote from Romeo & Juliet - SO in sync on the angst scale. Then from behind them comes Greggo with the oblivious and pithy 'condom wrapper' comment, totally breaking the mood, at least for Sara.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there weren't some TOTALLY great Greg/Sara moments where there are hints of possibilities, but unless it is front and centre that Grissom is with someone else, Sara will most likely only see Greg as a pale imitation of her beloved mentor.

Posted by keesame:
If Grissom really is dying a little inside every time some one flirts or laughs with Sara, it's probably a good thing he didn't have a lot to do with Greg and Sara last night in 'Iced'.... it might have done the poor man in.
I disagree - the best example is when the three of them enter the crime scene. Sara notices the music, candles and alcohol, and observes somewhat wistfully that the vic was a 'Romeo', to which Grissom adds a softly delivered quote from Romeo & Juliet - SO in sync on the angst scale. Then from behind them comes Greggo with the oblivious and pithy 'condom wrapper' comment, totally breaking the mood, at least for Sara.

I say this with all due respect, but I would think that the two dead bodies directly in front of her would have broken the mood!!

Posted by Tripp3235:
I say this with all due respect, but I would think that the two dead bodies directly in front of her would have broken the mood!!
Ahhh yes, but the mood Sara and Grissom were respecting was that of the db's PRIOR to the crime, a brief moment of mourning the loss prior to getting down to the business of solving the crime.

Posted by keesame:
Ahhh yes, but the mood Sara and Grissom were respecting was that of the db's PRIOR to the crime, a brief moment of mourning the loss prior to getting down to the business of solving the crime.

I see your point on that but for it didn't bother me since Greg was actually getting down to business and starting the case.

my $.02 I like Sara with Greg. He's liked her forever and would be very good for her. He can make her smile and encourage her.

Posted by keesame:

I think the whole 'Romeo' comment Sara made was a *tad* sarcastic since we are talking about two college kids in a sleeping bag on a dorm room floor, surrounded by beer bottles. Otherwise, 'Romeo and Juliet' had *nothing* to do with the case. These kids obviously didn't kill themselves and they weren't exactly 'star-crossed lovers' more like a hook-up. But maybe, that's just me.

Posted by keesame:I disagree - the best example is when the three of them enter the crime scene. Sara notices the music, candles and alcohol, and observes somewhat wistfully that the vic was a 'Romeo', to which Grissom adds a softly delivered quote from Romeo & Juliet - SO in sync on the angst scale. Then from behind them comes Greggo with the oblivious and pithy 'condom wrapper' comment, totally breaking the mood, at least for Sara.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there weren't some TOTALLY great Greg/Sara moments where there are hints of possibilities, but unless it is front and centre that Grissom is with someone else, Sara will most likely only see Greg as a pale imitation of her beloved mentor.

I very much agree. I went into this episode expecting a lot of Greg/Sara but happily saw none that was anything but the kind of flirtation I share with my good buddies, which is of course all subjective and what makes this show so much fun to watch. Grissom and Sara having their moment of connection and then Greg breaking it by getting straight to the point was the flirtiest moment of the entire episode for me because it put the triangle front and center, especially considering how many times in the past Grissom and Sara have shared these kinds of moments uninterrupted. I thought Sara went from looking impressed as Grissom was waxing poetic to her and then unimpressed as Greg broke her moment with Grissom. I love Greggo, he's my favourite character, but I still don't see Sara taking him very seriously as a romantic interest. She obviously sees him as an extremely good friend but the trust she has for Grissom to tell him about her past even after everything that's transpired between them - that's really the selling point for me. I do find Greg absolutely awesome in the role of a third wheel in the Grissom/Sara dynamic who gets to interfere with it from time to time and put doubts into Grissom's head.

I do love the Greg/Sara friendship and Sara in the role as Greg's mentor and hope they continue that as they've done so far. He does make her smile and I love the guy for that, but I've never seen evidence that her feelings for Greg are anything beyond maybe a friendly crush that a person reciprocates out of flattery that the other person has a crush on them, whereas she's expressed the depth of her feelings for Grissom to him on several occassions. I think those kinds of feelings can only disappear if you move far, far away and don't have to be reminded of that person every single day. Greg would certainly be the best guy for Sara in terms of a healthy relationship, but not the best guy for Sara.

Posted by catastrophe:
Grissom and Sara having their moment of connection and then Greg breaking it by getting straight to the point was the flirtiest moment of the entire episode for me because it put the triangle front and center, especially considering how many times in the past Grissom and Sara have shared these kinds of moments uninterrupted.

So, I've got to ask, considering how many times Grissom has waxed poetic at the beginning of the show (I can seriously only think of three or four times he has not) is he then also showing interest in *everyone* he does this too? Meaning Catherine, Brass, Nick, Warrick and yes, even Greg. Sara isn't the only one he quotes Shakespere too. I like this intro banter he's known for, but see it only as a trademark CSI thing.

I also agree with Slynn on Grissom's tendency to quote any particular classic that happens to connect to the crime before their eyes. I like it when he does it. It's a grissism if you will, but I hardly think he meant it particurlar to Sara in that case. I always am amazed anyway that people find Romeo & Juliet that romantic. Their relationship ends in double suicide which is hardly what we want to happen in ANY CSI ship!

Posted by Tripp3235:
I also agree with Slynn on Grissom's tendency to quote any particular classic that happens to connect to the crime before their eyes. I like it when he does it. It's a grissism if you will, but I hardly think he meant it particurlar to Sara in that case.
Like Lenny Briscoe's last line on L&O, Grissom's quotes are one of the best parts of any epi. There have been many times where Grissom just comes out with what he is thinking while being COMPLETELY unaware of the effect his words might have on those around him (think 'since I met you'). His Shakespeare quote was not directed at Sara so much as just unconsciously demonstrating how they can be on the same wavelength.

Posted by FoxRox:Geez. What does he want? For Sara to follow him around like a puppy while he can just brush her aside time and time again. He´s delusional. Sara has moved on, which we clearly saw in the "looking for validation in the wrong places" speech. And I´m SO very happy about that. :)

Fox, as you know, I agree with your that Sara should be with Greg. But I just HAD to discuss something from the above quote.

On another site, they actually refer to the Sara/Greg relationship as a "Owner/Pet" type of relationship. Now, first, I find that offensive in connection with ANY relationship, real, fictional, any person, any character. However, as you stated, if ANY of the ships suggested by CSI are "Owner/Pet" it's the Grissom/Sara one. Grissom does treat Sara with the disinterested air of a distracted pet owner. Wanted the pet for company, (i.e. let's invite Sara to take a position in Las Vegas) but now that I have the pet I have to feed it, walk it, care for it (or the Sara equivalent, treat her with respect, don't belittle her emotions, etc). In other words, he'd have to make a COMMITMENT to the Pet (i.e. Sara). We've seen he can't do that, unless it's a tarantula! All the other "animals" in his office are soaking in perservatives! Thinks "Ms. Piggy" here. Is that what he wants? A relationship entirely on hold until he's ready to pull it out and use it in some experiment? Or perhaps she's already been the experiment and Sara simply hasn't been told she's been put up on the shelf?

Anyway, that phrase really got under my skin.

And while I'm on a roll...I have to address the comments about "Sara confiding her secrets to Grissom this season."

WRONG. Yes...she has told them to him. But CONFIDED THEM??? To offer a confidence to someone is because you want to share that secret with someone. I argue that Sara had no CHOICE but to confide in Grissom in "Nesting Dolls." She'd had a blow up with the Assistant Lab Directer, Ecklie, her JOB was on the line, and GRISSOM SHOWED UP AT HER DOOR IN AN OFFICIAL CAPACITY as her supervisor. He wasn't there as a FRIEND! Nor was he there as a friend at the end of "Bloodlines" when she had her DUI...again...he was there in an OFFICIAL capacity! Did that mean he was any less concerned? Perhaps not, but in both cases, NEITHER REALLY WANTED TO BE IN THAT POSITION!

That is NOT offering up a confidence in any definition I recognize.

I agree with you gizzi- I definately don´t see the pet thing with Sara and Greg. I always felt that was Grissom´s thing the way he´s been messing around with Sara. Sara has never led Greg on in any way and she´s not going hot/cold on him like Grissom does to her. I see simply a straightforward, steadily GROWING ship between Sara and Greg. That´s why it has a good chance of lasting too.

I also think Sara and Greg are more equal than Sara and Grissom. At least in the emotional dept. Sure Sara gets most of Grissom´s little quotes and workrelated strategies- but they don´t connect emotionally. Sara is the confrontational type who takes responsibility while Grissom is an observer and a runner (from em. conflicts). Everything must always be on his terms.
Also Grissom is sometimes disrespectful to Sara which Sara never is to Greg. Sara always makes sure Greg knows she notices and appreciates what he does. (And she smiles at all his jokes awww :)).

Compare Grissom´s treatment of Sara during the promotion storyline with Sara´s treatment of Greg during the mentoring process and you see what I mean.

well i think sara should get stoked... right now! *whip crack* grissom is screwing sara around (and not in that context) so he should go get with lady heather or something and leave sara and poncho to get together!

Ok if you think Grissom doesn't really care, then I won't argue. That's just what I see, and well I wrote it down. You might not have seen it as I did.

Ok Sara and Greg work great together... more fun and laughter...good for Sara, but i'm getting more of a two cousins vibe here. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back