Who do you think SARA should be with??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by gizzi1213:
And while I'm on a roll...I have to address the comments about "Sara confiding her secrets to Grissom this season."

WRONG. Yes...she has told them to him. But CONFIDED THEM??? To offer a confidence to someone is because you want to share that secret with someone. I argue that Sara had no CHOICE but to confide in Grissom in "Nesting Dolls." She'd had a blow up with the Assistant Lab Directer, Ecklie, her JOB was on the line, and GRISSOM SHOWED UP AT HER DOOR IN AN OFFICIAL CAPACITY as her supervisor. He wasn't there as a FRIEND! Nor was he there as a friend at the end of "Bloodlines" when she had her DUI...again...he was there in an OFFICIAL capacity! Did that mean he was any less concerned? Perhaps not, but in both cases, NEITHER REALLY WANTED TO BE IN THAT POSITION!

That is NOT offering up a confidence in any definition I recognize.

Did Sara tell Grissom her secret because she feared losing her job? No. In Nesting Dolls she made it clear that she thought she had been fired already. "What does it matter, I'm still fired". Grissom replied with "it matters to me", letting her know that he was there because he cared personally. At that point she started relenting to him because she realized he wasn't there so much professionally as he was personally.

To me, it was rather clear that at that point, Sara was completely resigned to the fact that she was fired and Grissom made it clear to her that he was not there in a professional capacity. And as such, she still told him. Because he wanted to know and because she trusted him enough to tell him. Yet when Greg asked her what was wrong, she chose not to trust him with that piece of information. For someone as guarded as Sara, her personal issues mean more to her than work. She can always find another job, but it would destroy her if Grissom every betrayed anything she told him. Yet she trusted him enough to do it, thinking that she was fired either way.

I just don't think if you're as very offended as you say you are by Greg/Sara owner/pet comments you should in the same paragraph make the very same comments about Grissom/Sara. It comes across as a double standard, I think.

Posted by SLynn:
So, I've got to ask, considering how many times Grissom has waxed poetic at the beginning of the show (I can seriously only think of three or four times he has not) is he then also showing interest in *everyone* he does this too? Meaning Catherine, Brass, Nick, Warrick and yes, even Greg. Sara isn't the only one he quotes Shakespere too. I like this intro banter he's known for, but see it only as a trademark CSI thing.

What I meant was that in his waxing poetic moments, Sara's the only one that actually gets them. Everyone else is all 'wuh', yet she's able to complete his quotes a lot of the time or at least nod in understanding. To me, that's just a connection between them that doesn't exist with anyone else, but that's just personal opinion, sort of like this entire thread. ;)

*waltzes in casually and sees the exciting face-off between GSRs and, well, another GSRs (Greg/Sara-ers aka the Sandlers)*

*eyes both sides, steps out from between the two*

*clears throat*

So any Nick fan?

No?

Ok.

*exits discretely*

Everyone else is all 'wuh', yet she's able to complete his quotes a lot of the time or at least nod in understanding.

Is that what that is? An understanding nod? And all of these 5 years that I've been watching CSI I've fondly called that the "Um, yeah, sure, whatever floats your boat, Griss..." nod. It's the one that all of the CSIs (including Sara) do when Griss quotes. I think Nick's was the funniest. That nod was a regular CSI institution for me...it happens almost every episode and I always looked forward to it because it's funny. Dang! Now you've ruined it for me! :lol:

Posted by catastrophe:

Did Sara tell Grissom her secret because she feared losing her job? No. In Nesting Dolls she made it clear that she thought she had been fired already. "What does it matter, I'm still fired". Grissom replied with "it matters to me", letting her know that he was there because he cared personally. At that point she started relenting to him because she realized he wasn't there so much professionally as he was personally.

To me, it was rather clear that at that point, Sara was completely resigned to the fact that she was fired and Grissom made it clear to her that he was not there in a professional capacity. And as such, she still told him. Because he wanted to know and because she trusted him enough to tell him. Yet when Greg asked her what was wrong, she chose not to trust him with that piece of information. For someone as guarded as Sara, her personal issues mean more to her than work. She can always find another job, but it would destroy her if Grissom every betrayed anything she told him. Yet she trusted him enough to do it, thinking that she was fired either way.

What I meant was that in his waxing poetic moments, Sara's the only one that actually gets them. Everyone else is all 'wuh', yet she's able to complete his quotes a lot of the time or at least nod in understanding. To me, that's just a connection between them that doesn't exist with anyone else, but that's just personal opinion, sort of like this entire thread. ;)
Thanks catastrophe for expressing it far more eloquently than I could ever hope to. Now I'm not saying that Grissom is consciously aware of how his random quotes affect Sara (in my experience men don't seem to analyze stuff like this), but for someone like him there is a level of comfort in the unspoken communication these two seem to share.

And although I am an obviously devoted GSR fan, I will add a prediction for Season 6:

Sara will fall in love with the lab guy from "Iced" who normally works days........ :D :D

Posted by catastrophe:

1. Grissom/Sara ND: I don't agree with this at all. Grissom made it clear he was not leaving her apartment until he found out the truth (again, in such an OFFICIAL capacity) and Sara's reluctance to share (pacing the floor, saying it didn't matter as she was fired) PLUS alchohol as well was probably enough for her to come out and tell Grissom everything. If she had wanted to tell Grissom all of this before, don't you think she would have done it at the end of bloodlines when she had been arrested for her DUI? I also want to add that though many months had gone by since these 2 incidents, Grissom's "hand-holding" is such an obvious level of comfort of a supervisor and FRIEND (one step up from a pat on the shoulder). If this is a love story, I have seen more phyical contact between characters in a Jane Austen novel!!

2. Greg/Sara Unbearable: I actually agree with you here on Sara's reluctance of opening up to Greg about her issues. When I say that I think Sara and Greg belong together, I am not saying that she is fully ready for the realtionship atleast at the time of Unbearable. But I think this scene clearly indicates a forward move with their relationship and it makes sense for Greg just to quietly letting her know he is there for her and cares. I ALSO agree that Sara would be heartbroken if Grissom divulged any of her past and I don't think he would do that.

*waves at Caderyn-I'm behaving myself :)*

Posted by catastrophe:

Sorry, I want more from a guy then just him quoting passages from classics, I want him to ACT and TALK and SHARE with me. Quoting from other works is cheating as that is someone else's thoughts. I want to hear HIS OWN. I would think Sara would get bored with that. (Remember this thread is about who Sara should be with, not who she is in love with). I think ultimately, even if Grissom got over himself and they did get together, they would be both be miserable. Their similer traitss such as personal communications and socially introverted behavior would ostricize themselves away from healthy relationships with others, and their dissimilar traits such as Sara's highstrung emotional state with Grissom's lack of emotion would probably then cause them both to kill each other! :eek:

Yes, this is all personal opinion. With all of our luck, Sara WILL end up with the daytime lab tech moved to nights, heh. :D

Posted by catastrophe:

I just don't think if you're as very offended as you say you are by Greg/Sara owner/pet comments you should in the same paragraph make the very same comments about Grissom/Sara. It comes across as a double standard, I think.

I agree with you. I think Grissom came over to Sara's apartment because he was truly worried about her, not because he's her boss. How many times has your boss came over to your house because you blew up at work and he wanted to know what's up? I believe he did go to Sara's house because he wanted to know what was wrong, because he was concerned about her. Hence the "It matters to me" comment.

I also agree with you about Sara not telling Greg because it was too personal for her to confide in him. If she was telling Grissom this information because he was her boss and she truly trusts Greg and sees him as a possible boyfriend, why wouldn't she have told him? He was there, waiting, wanting her to confide in him so he could help her. I think Sara chose not to tell him because it was too personal and she trusted Grissom much more with her secrets.

Posted by Tripp3235:
1. Grissom/Sara ND: I don't agree with this at all. Grissom made it clear he was not leaving her apartment until he found out the truth (again, in such an OFFICIAL capacity) and Sara's reluctance to share (pacing the floor, saying it didn't matter as she was fired) PLUS alchohol as well was probably enough for her to come out and tell Grissom everything. If she had wanted to tell Grissom all of this before, don't you think she would have done it at the end of bloodlines when she had been arrested for her DUI? I also want to add that though many months had gone by since these 2 incidents, Grissom's "hand-holding" is such an obvious level of comfort of a supervisor and FRIEND (one step up from a pat on the shoulder). If this is a love story, I have seen more phyical contact between characters in a Jane Austen novel!!

Well, we can believe Grissom went to her apartment in a professional capacity but he led her to believe he was there in a completely personal capacity (stemming from a what happened at work, yes). I don't think there's many ways "it matters to me" can be interpreted as a response to her comment that she's resigned herself to the fact that she's fired. Whatever his intent, it came across to Sara that his presence was personal. Which is why she never told him after the DUI. Why would she? In that instance, he never indicated that he had a personal interest in her problems.

Grissom, who has never initiated physical contact with any other member of his staff, whether when their husband died (Catherine) or when their job was in jeopardy (Warrick) has held Sara's hand twice now. Sure, I skip along marrily and hold hands with my friends all the time, but this is Grissom. Has there ever been a more emotionally constipated man? For him, initiating a physical gesture takes an extraordinary amount of courage and means more than "you are just my coworker and I'm your boss and we will hold hands to make you feel better". We know it means more to him, because in Butterflied, he was completely heartbroken over the fact that all he does is touch people through latex gloves. Anything more means more to Grissom and I can't see him holding someone's hand out of professional interest.

Sorry, I want more from a guy then just him quoting passages from classics, I want him to ACT and TALK and SHARE with me. Quoting from other works is cheating as that is someone else's thoughts. I want to hear HIS OWN. I would think Sara would get bored with that. (Remember this thread is about who Sara should be with, not who she is in love with). I think ultimately, even if Grissom got over himself and they did get together, they would be both be miserable. Their similer traitss such as personal communications and socially introverted behavior would ostricize themselves away from healthy relationships with others, and their dissimilar traits such as Sara's highstrung emotional state with Grissom's lack of emotion would probably then cause them both to kill each other! :eek:

Yes, this is all personal opinion. With all of our luck, Sara WILL end up with the daytime lab tech moved to nights, heh. :D

Maybe I like pain or something and I agree with you, but you can't help for who you love, even when they're as deeply flawed as Grissom. Greg is more fun and more real and more happy and would be better for Sara in terms of a healthy relationship and mental stability. But unless TPTB make it dead obvious that she's moved on from Grissom (which they'll never do, because it's easier for them to have Greg/Sara and Grissom/Sara fans having their moments than just one of them), I'll still think Grissom's the only one whom Sara's ever capable of loving. Because I like pain and angst in fictional relationships and I'd rather watch that than happy lovey-dovey Sara/Greg. So in the end, it just comes down to personal preference which clouds are interpretation of what the show shows on screen, I suppose.

With my luck, Sara will end up with Hodges. :eek:

Posted by catastrophe:
Maybe I like pain or something and I agree with you, but you can't help for who you love, even when they're as deeply flawed as Grissom. Greg is more fun and more real and more happy and would be better for Sara in terms of a healthy relationship and mental stability. But unless TPTB make it dead obvious that she's moved on from Grissom (which they'll never do, because it's easier for them to have Greg/Sara and Grissom/Sara fans having their moments than just one of them), I'll still think Grissom's the only one whom Sara's ever capable of loving. Because I like pain and angst in fictional relationships and I'd rather watch that than happy lovey-dovey Sara/Greg. So in the end, it just comes down to personal preference which clouds are interpretation of what the show shows on screen, I suppose.

*This* I agree with. I don't think they want to rock either boat and this year in particular they seem to have gone out of their way to make every ship happy. Maybe we're all better off not knowing and leaving it to our imaginations (or to our fan fics!). :)

I'd argue with you that Sara is only capable of loving Grissom, because if that was true it would be very sad for her indeed (not that Grissom is bad, but people *should* be able to love more then just one person).

And happy/sappy lovey Sara/Greg fan fic... hee..hee.. obviously you haven't read mine. *wink* I love me some angst, angst with happy endings though.

But Sara/Hodges... *shudder* ... no. That would be scary. Not as scary as Sara/Ecklie, but up there. :p

yes i agree...more they really need each other
only Grissom can help her..and are doing this and i belive only her can help him.
what they have is very deep...intense.
i know is complicated, but in the same time is strong( thats why i love both).

Well, is so interesting for me think in how they will do....
and sure, the actors are my favourite in the show, so this count too
i love their scenes together...
i just can see she with him.

Posted by catastrophe:
Grissom, who has never initiated physical contact with any other member of his staff, whether when their husband died (Catherine) or when their job was in jeopardy (Warrick) has held Sara's hand twice now. Sure, I skip along marrily and hold hands with my friends all the time, but this is Grissom. Has there ever been a more emotionally constipated man? For him, initiating a physical gesture takes an extraordinary amount of courage and means more than "you are just my coworker and I'm your boss and we will hold hands to make you feel better". We know it means more to him, because in Butterflied, he was completely heartbroken over the fact that all he does is touch people through latex gloves. Anything more means more to Grissom and I can't see him holding someone's hand out of professional interest.
And this is percisely why I don't agree with the relationship. I agree holding hands is a big step for him, but after FIVE YEARS I would expect more if I expect him to be a love interest. It's sad really, if that is the most he can do after FIVE YEARS. This is why I prefer to think that Grissom is not in love with her. I love Grissom and respect him in many ways, but if he prefers to hug his cockroaches at night than actually give in to his feelings for a woman who has put herself out there for FIVE YEARS, I actually would lose ALL respect for him.

Posted by catastrophe:

Oh, dear God! I think I would quit watching the show. I would admit that you would probably not only get dirty looks from Grissom on that one, but from Greg, Nick, Warrick, Catherine...(but the good news is if she drank some poison he would be able to smell it.)

It's good to know that at least we can all agree that Sara shouldn't be with Hodges. :lol:

I do understand the points about Grissom and if Sara was a real life friend of mine? I'd get her as far away from Grissom as possible for jerking her around so much. But it's tv where relationships can take up to nine years to materialise (hello, JAG) so I don't have a problem with how long it's taking Grissom to get over his hangups. He can hug his cockroaches for a while more before I'd want Sara to move on from him. ;)

Personally, I think Ecklie's gonna sidle up to Sara in the season finale and say, "You know, Sara, I was completely wrong about you; you're an amazing CSI, and you kick ass." She'll go, "So, I heard you were all divorced and everything - what's up with that?" He'll answer, "Oh yeah, well, she was kind of a cold fish, and I'm so warm and loving and compassionate at home, and she said I was just too demonstrative for her." She'll see his big house at his Pemberley estate in Las Vegas, and hear the housekeeper gush how kind he is to the servants. He'll save her foster brother, who ran off with a skank ho, from a horrible reputation by paying her to marry him. She'll admit, "I was kinda prejudiced against you." He'll confess, "I just had too much pride." Their eyes will meet, the love theme from "Romeo and Juliet" will play, and next season they have to hide their love from the administration.

What? It could happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back