What If ? (H/Y fic)

Crap I'm feeling like crap, just returned from the dentist and my tooth is killing me.

Sorry about the health warning, I'll try put it up next time I write something like this. ;)

Lunalove spilt, dislocated knee doesn't sound fun at all.

Anyway back to the story:

The weeks following, Horatio did just as he said he would, hanging out mainly at MDPD. He spent his time mostly at Yelina’s side helping her with cases she was working on. She found she benefited greatly from his past experience in NYPD, that, and the neck and shoulder massages he gave her. When she was out in the field, Horatio wondered the halls of the crime lab. He soon made friends and got acquainted with the CSIs and lab technicians. His degree in Chemistry helped and he soon caught on quickly. He felt drawn to the world of forensics and when he could he studied it with great interest. It was also then did he become friends with the medical examiner Alex Woods.

It was one such day when Horatio was sitting at Yelina’s desk, pouring over the latest forensic journal, that his other gift was revealed.

“I wish I could have done more.” Yelina sighed as she took the seat next to Horatio.

“Tough case?” Horatio asked, he reached out to massage her neck.

“Yeah. Nine-year-old whose mother was murdered today. The father did it, but we don’t have enough evidence, the DA threw our case out. The poor boy is obviously a victim of abuse as well but he refuses to talk, not to me nor the social worker. The worse part is, we have to return him to his father, who’s going to walk free.”

Horatio, who had his head turned, listened intently. She thought she glimpsed pain and regret in his eyes as she spoke. He lowered his head, seemingly engrossed in studying his cast for a long while before he looked up at her again. “I’d like to talk to the boy, if that’s ok with you?”

“Sure, wouldn’t hurt.”

Yelina led Horatio to the interrogation room where the boy was busy drawing on a piece of blank paper.

“His name’s Patrick.” Yelina said as Horatio walked in on his crutches and sat down next to the boy. Yelina stood in the corner.

“Hi Patrick.” Horatio said. “My name is Horatio Caine. That’s a nice picture you’re drawing.”

Patrick smiled but didn’t say a word.

“I’m sorry about your mom.” Horatio added.

Patrick placed the crayon in his hand on the table. “You’re a policeman aren’t you?”

“Yeah… but, I’m also someone, who wants to be your friend.”

Patrick looked down trying to stop himself from crying.

“You know Patrick, my mom died when I was a kid too.” Horatio said gently.

“She did?” Patrick asked looking interested.

“I was much older than you are now, but my brother was about your age. I was both scared and sad when she died.”

“I feel like that too.” Patrick said.

“Well, it takes a brave person to admit they’re scared.” Horatio smiled. Yelina smiled inwardly. At that moment she could picture Horatio with their child. She kicked herself mentally. They had only been dating for a couple of months and she was thinking of having his children.

Patrick managed a smile. Noticing Horatio’s leg, he asked, “How’d you break your leg?”

“I had a little accident.” Horatio smiled.

“I broke my arm once.” Patrick said. “Skateboarding.”

“I broke my arm when I was your age too. But I wasn’t skateboarding. My Dad threw me out the window from the third floor.”

Yelina was surprised. She didn’t think he would make something like that up. She listened as Horatio continued.

“You see Patrick, my Dad wasn’t home much. But when he was, he used to beat up my brother and me. My mom tried to stop him, but she always got a beating as well.”

The little boy remained silent, thinking about what Horatio had just told him. “I lied when I told you I broke my arm skateboarding. It was my Dad.”

“That’s the second brave thing you did today, Patrick. To admit something like that.” Horatio ruffled the boy’s hair. “We’d like to stop your Dad from hurting you again. You think you could tell what you just told me to the social worker? I’ll be right here with you.”

Patrick nodded. Horatio smiled. He nodded at Yelina. The DA and social worker came in. Horatio sat with Patrick as the boy told of the abuse he was receiving from his father.

As the boy was about to leave with the social worker, Horatio handed Patrick his card. “If you need anything, you give me a call.”

Patrick smiled as he took the card. Yelina watched them leave before taking the seat the boy had just vacated. Horatio let out a sigh.

She placed a hand on his thigh. “That was really sweet of you, it must have been hard for you to bring up those memories.”

“As long as I could help stop his father from hurting him again, it was worth it.” Horatio placed his hand over hers as he looked into her large, brown eyes.

“I didn’t know you had such a difficult childhood.” Yelina stared back into his blue eyes.

“I try not to make a big deal out of it.” Horatio said.

She leaned towards him and planted a kiss on his forehead. “Thanks for helping me with the case. Come on, let’s go home.”

Sorry if it's crappy, the pain's getting to my head... :(

It wasn't 'crappy' at all. It was really good! H is so good with kids, especially kids like this. It's so a nice side of him, and I sooo don't blame Y for imagining her and H's kids! ;)
Hope you feel better soon! Dentist must be the S's in S&M... ;)

And no, my knee injury certainly wasn't any fun at all! :( Couldn't walk for almost 3 months and I needed help with everything. The worst part was that my brain forgot how to send 'move-signals' to my muscles, so I didn't know how to lift my leg without using my hands...

I'm glad that you wrote so much in such a short time. I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you'll post more soon.

That was not crappy at all, that was wonderful. I'm so sorry about your leg Luna and your tooth Hrockz, hope you guys feel better. *huggles* We canm put away the gear because this chapter was very sweet and requires no violence. :)

Wonderful, I loved how you led on to the Horatio-becomes-a-CSI thing, I can't wait until he does. He makes a great CSI. :D And, we get Horatio with a kid, simply amazing. That wasn't even in the same realm as craappy.

Can't wait for more, hope you all feel better.

Well done. Like it very much. I hope you feel better of your tooth Hrockz. One of my worst nightmares is going to the dentist. I have to brainwash myself in order to go.

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better today. Minor health-warning, a little kissing later on ;) Nothing you gals can't handle.

It had been a few days since Horatio’s cast came off and he was back with bomb squad. Yelina had her concerns but she trusted Horatio to be careful. She hadn’t moved out of Horatio’s apartment after the cast was removed. Truth was she was too used to living with him, and she knew he felt the same too. Living together they had found that they had to make some adjustments to get used to each other’s lifestyle and habits but they had soon become best friends in addition to lovers.

It was a balmy Sunday afternoon and Yelina had invited Horatio to her nephew’s birthday party, which was to be held at her mother’s. It was the first time Horatio was to meet Yelina’s family and he felt a tad nervous. As their car pulled up to her mother’s house, Horatio let out a breath.

Yelina laughed. “Don’t worry I’m sure they’d like you.”

“I hope so.” Horatio replied. “I’ve picked up a little Spanish since I got here.”

“Like I said, you’ll do fine. And don’t worry about the Spanish, they all speak English.” Yelina said. Hand-in-hand they entered the house. Horatio removed his sunglasses, which was so often perched on his nose. He watched as Yelina greeted her mother with a hug, and then proceeded to hug the person Horatio assumed to be her brother.

Yelina introduced Horatio. “This is my boyfriend, Horatio Caine.”

“Buenos dias.” Horatio said.

“He’s a good-looking one Yelina,” her mother said in Spanish. Yelina laughed. “Sí.”

“Please, take a seat,” Yelina’s mother replied. “I heard you just recovered from a broken leg.”

“Thanks Mrs Salas,” Horatio said as he sat on the couch.

“Rosalina, please call me Rosalina.” She was a lady with a warm smile, her hair was starting to grey. Horatio realized his girlfriend had inherited much of looks from her mother.

The day passed and Horatio felt welcome with Yelina’s family, which was a stark contrast to his. They were warm and friendly, and even her nephew and nieces took a liking to him.

Evening turned to night and it was soon time for Horatio to go home. Yelina walked him to the door. She had elected to spend the night at her mother’s. She hadn’t seen her mother much since Horatio and her started dating. They stood on the front porch, hand-in-hand, their faces inches from each other.

“So you’re sure you’ll be ok without me for one night?” Yelina smiled.

“I’ll miss you… but I’ll get by.” Horatio smiled back shifting his weight between his legs.

“I’m glad you met my family. Did you have a good time?”

“As a matter of fact, I did. They’re nice. Except that your brother threatened to remove my manhood if I ever hurt you.”

Yelina laughed. “Don’t mind Carlos, he says that to all my boyfriends.”

“And how many boyfriends did you have before me?” Horatio asked.

“A few, but I finally found one whom I don’t think I have ever loved this much before.” Yelina lowered her gaze.

Horatio grinned as he tilted his head to look at her. “I love you too.”

He kissed her, savoring the taste of her lips. She kissed back, her tongue finding his. She placed her palms on his chest and gently pushed him back.

“I think the neighbours are watching.” She smiled shyly.

Horatio chuckled. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Yelina watched as Horatio got into his car and waved goodbye to her as he pulled out onto the street. Horatio was almost home when his cellphone rang. He recognized the number.

“Ray. What’s up?”

“Horatio, I need to talk to you… now.” The younger Caine brother’s voice sounded shaky.

“I’ll be right over.” Horatio said as he took the road to Ray’s apartment.

Hrockz said:
"Except that your brother threatened to remove my manhood if I ever hurt you.”

*takes out bazooka*

H287.jpg
:devil:

GREAT update, hihi loved it that Yelina's mom also thought he looked very attractive :d

Ray! Special Task Force, to the Caine residence!

I'm glad he got a chance to meet the family, they all seem nice and it gives him the family he doesn't have. Wonderful! Can't wait for more, please don't keep us waiting for Ray. And don't hurt him or anything. Or I should say don't hurt him too bad. ;)

Love the update, Yelina's family was so nice! :D

* pulls out golf club* if this Carlos comes near Horatio.... :devil:

Ray! :eek: * runs off to Ray's house... ends up looking over a city* Huh? Miami doesn't have snow... :lol:

Morning arrived and Yelina arrived at work. She found a bouquet of white lilies on her desk. The note on it told her Horatio was the sender. It didn’t say anything except a simple ‘I love you.’ Her mood was buoyed by his sweet gesture. She called him on his cell.

“Thanks for the flowers.” Yelina said as he picked up.

“Glad you like them” Horatio replied. “I’m out in the field right now. We’ll talk tonight at home ok?”

“Sure.”

“Umm, Yelina? I love you.”

Yelina thought his tone sounded a little different, “Love you too.”

She hung up and the day wore on. It was late by the time she got home to Horatio’s apartment. Using her key she unlocked the door and was surprised to find Raymond on the couch.

“Hi.” He greeted her.

“Hey,” She replied. “Where’s Horatio?” Her eyes swept the living room.

“He’s not home yet, but he asked me over cos he's helping me with a case.”

She sat down next to Ray. She had joined Horatio and Raymond on numerous fishing trips and had developed a comfortable friendship with her boyfriend’s brother.

“How was work?” Ray asked.

“Was alright.” Yelina replied. “Nothing as exciting as Narc.”

"Nah, homicide's better, especially since they have you on the team."

Yelina smiled.

"You have a nice smile Yelina." Ray said. He leaned forward so he was now sitting closer to her. He placed his arms on his kness, adopting one of Horatio's favourite poses.

Yelina began to feel a little uncomfortable.

Ray continued. "I always thought you were very attractive. Too bad Horatio beat me to asking you out... he beats me at everything. When we were kids, he got the better grades. He topped his class in the academy. When I got there everyone expected me to do the same cos I'm his brother." Sadness flashed across his eyes.

"Ray, you're a nice guy. And you're funny and charming, and you've got the Caine-good-looks too. Someday you'll find a girl who'll love you the way I love your brother." Yelina said. She could imagine Horatio was a tough act to follow.

Ray looked into her eyes, and at that moment she knew she should have excused herself or got up for a glass of water or anything. But instead she stayed, seemingly glued to the couch.

"Maybe," Ray whispered. He leaned towards her and before she could react his lips were kissing hers. There were a million thoughts running through Yelina's head as Ray kissed her. She could push him away, tell him what they were doing was wrong, but for some unknown reason, was it beacues he looked so sad and vulnerable, or was it her own impulse, she wasn't sure, but she kissed him back.

At that moment the front door opened, and they sprang apart like opposite poles of a magnet. Ray bolted up, out of his seat.

"Horatio... err... it's not what you think."

Yelina, who had her back to the door turned in her seat. She saw Horatio standing at the doorway with a look of betrayal on his face.

"What should I think Ray? I come home to see my girlfriend making out with my brother on my couch... so tell me, what should I think?" Horatio had hurt and anger dripping from his voice. His eyes bore into Yelina's and she couldn't hold his gaze. She loved him so much but yet in a moment of weakness she had hurt him. How deeply, she couldn't even imagine.

"You know what?" Horatio said. "Just carry on what you two were doing. Forget I interupted." He turned and disappeared from view.

Yelina got up and went after him. "Horatio!"

She rushed out the door only to see him entering the elevator. The look on his face was one of coldness, it was like he had voided himself of all emotion and the look scared her. It was the last glimspe of him as the elevator doors closed. By the time she got to the ground floor, Horatio was nowhere in sight. She stood there, tears threatening to fall. She heard Ray come up behind her.

"Let him be. He's too angry to listen to anyone of us now. Let him drive around to clear his head, we'll explain things to him in the morning." Ray said.

Yelina bowed her head. Guilt never felt so difficult to bear. She nodded.

"Come on, let's go back upstairs. Maybe he'll come back once he's calmed down." Ray gave Yelina's arm a gentle tug.

Yelina said nothing, only nodded again. She allowed Ray to lead her upstairs back to Horatio's apartment.

*smacks head against a wall*

RAYMOND U SON OF A .... ! *grbl* and Yelina WHY?!! why did you kiss him back?!

Sorry

End of rant :p

Oh and I thought something was wrong with him... I WAS CONCERNED GOSH DARNIT.

*takes out bazookas*

Alright. Update soon. :)

Back