What If ? (H/Y fic)

(Since you seem so fond of golf clubs)
And softball bats. It's only right, considering I play both sports. ;)
Still, their first fight, that means that there'll be fabulous make up sex. Right?
Then the whole thing was SO worth it. :D :devil: *grabs out golf clubs* Ladies, we need to gather around Yelina and not let Stetler within a hundred yards of her, as she's vulnerable and an ass like him would take advantage of that. Sounds good? Good. I'll bring the golf clubs, and I guess some bats too. :devil:

We're like taking out all our aggression on Stetler :lol:

Morning came and Yelina made her way to work. It was a quiet day and she wished there was a new case for her to work on to get her mind off the previous night. Horatio had tried calling her in the morning but she had ignored his call. She had the night to think things through and she thought she knew him enough to know that he wouldn’t do something like sleeping with another woman while he was dating her. But then again, that was his ex-girlfriend. The battle with herself went on in her mind, clouding her ability to think clearly. She heard someone approaching. She looked up to see Horatio’s brother Raymond coming up to her desk. He laughed as he placed the bouquet of roses in his hands on her table.

“You have no idea how miserable Horatio is.” Ray said. “He wanted me to tell you he’s sorry and that he wants to explain himself. Since you wouldn’t see him or answer his calls.”

“Thanks.” Yelina said.

“Listen, Horatio wouldn’t cheat on a woman, especially not you. Trust me. I know my big brother.”

Yelina sighed. “I guess. Tell him I’ll think about it.”

“You guys better kiss and make up soon.” Ray laughed. “I hate being the middle man. Oh and if you ever get tired of Horatio, I’m single and available.”

Yelina rolled her eyes at him, to which he laughed as he walked away. Both Caine brothers seemed equally charming, she thought. But deep down she knew which she was in love with.

After Raymond left, Yelina was assigned a new robbery case to work on which took her the entire day. By the time she was ready to go home it was dark outside. She had made up her mind to call Horatio and talk things out with him. She had waged war within herself the entire day and the side that believed he wouldn't cheat on her had won. Somewhere during the day she had concluded that she had fallen in love with Horatio, and she wanted things between them to work out.

She looked at the bouquet of roses still sitting on her table. She decided she would call him and they would talk things out. She fished out her cellphone from her purse and was about to dial Horatio's number when she heard her name.

"Yelina!"

She turned to see Raymond hurrying towards her.

"Raymond. What's up?" She asked, wondering if he was being his brother's messenger again.

"Have you heard from Horatio?" Ray asked unable to hide his worry.

"No. What's wrong?" She asked now concerned.

"A bomb exploded while bomb squad were still in the building. I found out it was Horatio's team who were in the building."

Yelina's heart sank. The thought of losing Horatio before she could tell him she was in love with him tore her apart inside.

"Did you try contacting the other members of the unit. Maybe they know something." Yelina asked.

"Nobody's telling me anything." Ray sighed. "I was hoping he would have called you to tell you he's ok."

Yelina frowned. "No, he hasn't called."

"I'm going to the site of the explosion. I'll be able to find out how he is there." Ray said.

"I'm coming with you." Yelina grabbed her things and they both hurried to the parking lot.

On the way they didn't speak to each other, lost in their thoughts of worry and concern for someone they both loved. Yelina thought back to he previous night. She was racked with guiit. The last thing she had told him was to leave before slamming the door in his face. Was that to be the last memory she had of him?

It was chaos at the site of the explosion, paramedics and fire-fighters were already at the scene. Ray flashed his badge and the patrol officer let them under the yellow crime scene tape.

Large spotlights illuminated the scene. Yelina stared at the building that had been partially blown up. She knew that nobody who was near the bomb when it went off could have survived. A lump formed in her throat.

Yelina saw a fmailiar face, a fellow detective from her days with patrol. She hurried to him, Ray hot on her heels.

The detective recognised Raymond and her. "You're looking for your brother?" he asked with a grave expression on his face.

"Yeah," Ray replied. "Please tell me he's ok."

Been busy at work, so apologies. IMO this instalment isn't as good as I would have wanted to write it.

OMG! No! But he'll be alrigth, right? I mean, come on, this is super-H we're talking about. Please, Hrockz. Pretty please? :(
And it was a brilliant update! :)

k I've got an idea. Let's split the crazy task force into 2 groups. One to protect Horatio & one to protect Yelina. Ok?

Hope my darling H is ok ^^

Y'all can assign me to a group. But I'd love to protect H, I can handle bombs! *raises hand, grabs bazookas, clubs, bats, and giant steel plated armor* Let's move!

Hrockz you now how much I love it when people get hurt? I know it's odd but I love it when my favorite fictional acharacters are injured, so I'm super-excited. That was wonderfully written, don't put yourself down. :) Great job, please update soon!

Hrockz, I know that you have a lot of work, but we are waiting anxiously for the next part. Arrrgghh!!!! I don't have more nails to bite.

I love this update * seen twitching in background eagerly waiting for next update* :lol:

Alright where's Stetler...beating on him'll help me wait until you can update again...* grabs baseball bat* :devil:

Love this story! :D

Thanks guys!
I agree with Tati and cainesugar when they get hurt it shows their human side. Anyway I try not to keep you guys waiting. So here we go:

“There were no fatalities, but there were a couple of bomb squad guys who were badly injured.” The detective replied. “Check with rescue.” He pointed to the ambulance not far from where they were.

“Thanks.” Ray replied as he and Yelina made their way to the ambulance crew.

Yelina spotted a redhead lying on one of the gurneys. Her heart was in her throat. It had to be Horatio. A closer look confirmed her fears.

“How is he?” Ray asked the paramedic who was setting up an intravenous line in Horatio’s arm.

Yelina looked at her boyfriend lying on the gurney. He was covered in grime and soot, with several cuts and bruises on his face. His eyes were closed and he had no response to her taking his hand. Her eyes scanned the length of him. His left leg was in a splint. She could see blood and bone sticking out of a wound near his ankle. His shirt was torn but there were no visible injuries to his torso.

“He’s got a broken ankle, thanks to the wall collapsing on him.,” The paramedic said pointing to Horatio’s leg. “He’s been unconscious since we found him. We’ll need to take him to the hospital for treatment. There might be some bleeding in the brain. His vital signs are stable though.”

“I’ll ride with you.” Yelina told the paramedic, who nodded.

“I’ll follow in the car.” Ray said, giving Yelina’s hand a quick squeeze. He leaned over his brother, “Hang in there, big brother.”

Yelina climbed into the ambulance as they loaded the gurney in. She held his hand tightly in hers. He was still unconscious. With her free hand she stroked his hair gently. She prayed he would be ok. She wished they hadn’t fought the night before. She should have believed him, instead of letting her jealousy get the better of her.

The ambulance pulled up to the emergency room entrance and Horatio was wheeled into the ER. Yelina and Ray waited anxiously outside. Not long after the ER physician come to speak with them.

“I’m Dr Gonzales, the doctor treating Sergeant Caine.”

“I’m Horatio’s brother.” Ray said. “This is his girlfriend. How is he?”

“Besides the superficial scrapes and bruises, he has a compound fracture of the left ankle, we need to fix that in the OR. Besides that, he’s ok. I need you to sign the consent for surgery.”

Ray breathed a sigh of relief as he signed the consent form that the doctor handed him. Yelina let out the breath she was holding. A broken ankle didn’t seem that bad. Together Ray and Yelina waited outside the OR. They sat side by side in the waiting room. It was close to midnight and the day was beginning to take it's toll on the both of them. Both although tired were determined to wait out the surgery to find out how Horatio was doing.

“That was too close.” Ray said. “I’m glad he’s ok.”

“Me too.” Yelina said.

“You’re not mad at him anymore are you?” Ray asked.

Yelina laughed. “After something like this?”

Ray smiled. She noticed Ray had a similar smile to Horatio. She wondered what was it like to have Horatio as an older brother.

“What was he like? I mean when you guys were kids.” Yelina asked trying to ease the tension.

“He was a bully and a pain at times, but most of the time he was a great big brother. He took care of our mom and me. Our Dad wasn’t around much.” Ray said. He wore a sad look on his face.

“That explains why he’s such a responsible guy.” Yelina smiled. “That and the fact that your parents died while you both were kids. Sometimes when I watch him sleep, he looks like he has the weight of the world on him.”

“He told you? He doesn’t like to talk about our parents.”

“He mentioned that your parents were murdered.” Yelina said. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up.” She added apologetically.

Raymond shrugged. “It’s ok, Horatio’s more hung up about that than me. I guess… you could say it affected him more than it did me. But you should let him tell you about it… when he’s ready.”

Yelina nodded. “That’s why you both decided to be cops.”

Ray laughed. “Horatio wanted to save the world. I just wanted to be like him. Growing up, he was my hero. Still is.”

Yelina smiled and nodded. She could easily see how Horatio could be her hero.

After almost two hours, the surgeon emerged from the OR, interrupting their conversation. “The surgery was a success. He’ll need physiotherapy but he shouldn’t have any permanent damage from the injury.”

“Thank you.” Ray said.

“Can we see him?” Yelina asked.

“Sure, I’ll take you guys to him.”

The surgeon led Ray and Yelina to the room where Horatio was in. His left leg was in a cast from the knee down. A tube draining blood from the wound ran from under the cast to a bottle on the ground. Several IVs ran in and out of his arm. Yelina felt assured by the steady rise and fall of his chest.

“He’s still drowsy from the anesthesia and pain meds, but he’s rousable.” The surgeon said. “I’ll be back in the morning to check on him.”

“You’re the first person he wants to see when he wakes.” Ray said, urging the hesitant Yelina towards his brother.

Yelina stood next to the bed. She took Horatio’s hand. It felt cold in her hands. She leaned towards him and called his name. “Horatio.”

Poor baby H, but he's going to be okay!! :D

Ooh I haven't kicked Claire's behind yet for coming on to H way too strong.

Grabs gun. Shoots.

Gun: *POP*

Loony, you been using my gun again? I told you not to fill it with bubblegum only BULLETS! :rolleyes:

:devil:

But I like gum. ;)
Thanks for the update Hrockz, the suspense was killing me! Glad to see he'll be fine!
Let's split the crazy task force into 2 groups.
Ok, Kitten you and Honey protect Y, Caddy and I will stay with H. Remember to lay low. Unless you spot Stetler. Then you've got a free rein! :devil:

Oh thank you. He's going to be alright, but we got a death scare to get Yelina back on his good side. This is awesome, wonderful job Hrockz, beautifully written, a great portrayal of the characters. Loving it!
Ok, Kitten you and Honey protect Y, Caddy and I will stay with H. Remember to lay low. Unless you spot Stetler. Then you've got a free rein!
Sounds good to me Loony. *pulls out bazookas and titanium golf clubs*

Back