What did YOU learn today?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by _Hush_, Jun 6, 2008.

1. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I learned that I really want to get good results tomorrow so I can move out of home.

2. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Hi Speed Cochrane. Something I learn everyday: when I try to teach my cats something new, they look at me as if to say either "And what's in it for me?" or "Do I look like a dog?" :lol:

3. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I learned today that some people are just far too comfortable in public places.

What doI mean? Well the guy sitting on the bench next to mine in the train station was totally happy to pick his nose in front of everyone whilst reading his book. Then he ate it. :guffaw: It was sooooo gross I must have looked so horrified and really obvious when I ran away.

I also learned that when the company you work for ask what problems you have in regards to their products/service etc, they want you to lie and say you have none. Moron, what was the point in asking us about it, us being honest and you saying - well that got fixed months ago. Really? Was that why someone in a UK call centre was a complete ass to me over the phone whilst I was trying to help a customer they failed to help repeatedly three days ago?

Honestly, the customer's internet stops working cause you've upgraded the software required and when she phones for advice you give her a web address to download said software. How the feck is she gonna do that when she can't get on the bloody internet you provided moron?!

I don't mind my job, quite like it but the people higher up in the company don't seem to believe there are still issues that need resolved. Anyways.

I've also learned that while I am not an animal lover, I find it really impressive cats hunt their own food/amusement. They get told off for it but I kinda think it's cute. Here, I brought you a present! It is kinda cute in a warped way. :D

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I learned that i really can be thick. I have my first meeting in my new job and well come out looking like a dumb blonde (i guess i was today). Hopefully I can redeem myself over the next couple of weeks)

I learned that people can be really thick, I mean a leaflet about Birmingham UK, going out to residents should not have a picture of Birmingham Alabama on it!

5. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

Well it was yesterday
    but I learned that
    I'M GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Congrats, grssom89! :)

:lol: Yep, that's usually the look I get too.

I learned...

-I love my truck. *peels gunk off jeans from sitting in sister's van*
    -Remron is a terrible pill. It leaves you hung over. :/
    -My friends need to get their ducks in a row before they call to hang out. I'm not going to sit by the phone waiting for them.
    -I can learn songs on the piano in an hour without actually knowing how to play. :eek:

7. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

i learnt that champaigne in your hair is absolutely no fun, although the party was fantastic, it's extremely hard to wash out :rolleyes:

8. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

Math sucks lol
    I REALLY hate it- from the bottom of my heart :D

don't get why I have to know some things - never ever gonna need those few thing in my ever again (I'm not gonna be a math student in university)

9. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

i know this feeling dopebabygirl, although I'm at uni, and supposed to learn what i want, still have to learn what I hate and i'm never gonna need...but i got used to it and concentrate on what i like :cool:

the thing I learned today is that you can be very hungry if you're too lazy to go shopping

10. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

I learned I am avoiding my boss because he annoys me. :lol:

I learned that TalkCSI is too distracting.

And I can't concentrate on my homework unless I sing Jason Mraz's Wordplay. :confused:

11. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

I learned that Crocs shrink a full size if left in a hot car over the weekend.
    My feet assure you that I am not exaggerating!

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I found out that people can actually be really nice and helpful and friendly when they want to be.

I also found out, that actually, there are some intelligent people left around my area ;)

And that muddy roads make my car messy :(

13. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I learnt today that losing weight is a lot harder than putting it on! lol

14. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I had a whole day of induction @ my new job but I don't know what I learned lol :p

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

my new classmates are crazy :D