What Category Do I Belong In? Find out here! [Please rate/comment!]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CSI_Kat, Sep 25, 2007.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Re: In what category I belong? - Open Round

Hope you don't mind me jumping in to answer, Vera. :)

This is the thread if you are unsure to which catergory you want to submit your artwork to for challenges.

2. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Hey! Stop! I really need it! ;)

Of course not Sara, as I said, I'm not really mentally (and soon also physically) present today. :p

adorelo, this is just a thread where other people trying to rate the level for your artwork. E.g. if your icons rather belong in the beginners category or advanced.
    If you wish to "get rated" you just need to send me some stuff and I'll post it here, similar to a challenge but without winners. The artists stay anonymous and it's only considered as a little help from an outside point of view. :)

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Or even intermediate level for some challenges! :D

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

We'l share :D Hehe.

Thanks guys, that makes total sense now. *sigh* I'm sorry. I't been a long, long day.

I may take you up on this offer my love, could be very helpful

Jodie x

5. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

It doesn't matter wich pic you use of Csi?? Maybe a stupid question but i have to know!!

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

*steps in* Nope, doesn't matter what pics you use for this. Any character, from any CSI show :) This isn't a competition, more like a useful tool ;)

7. Micha

Micha Rookie

Re: In what category I belong? - Icons

I make my one DVD-covers of CSI, where can i show them ??

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Hey Micha! Welcome to the FanArt section. :) This thread is for figuring out which category people belong for fan art like banners, icons, and wallpapers.

If you make the cover yourself you probably want to go here to the photo manipulation thread. :)

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Re: In what category I belong? - Open Round: Comments Now!

Alright, here we go. Sorry that I'm pretty late, but RL got into my way, y'all know this ;)

Here some things how you should "vote" for the art work in this round:

Every artist who sent me stuff wants to know whether their stuff is Beginners, Intermediate or Advanced, further more they all want to have comments why you choose the category.

Please use constructive criticism and advices, don't come in here and bash someone's work.

Please categorize every art work - if an artist entered more than one work and for example the first icon would be beginners but the second one would be more intermediate, please state it this way. :)

OK, enough for now, here are the goodies!

Artist #01:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Artist #02:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Artist #03:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Artist #04:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Did I mess anything up? Please let me know, I'll adjust it as soon as possible.

Now: leave your comments :D

10. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

1. Advanced - Use of brushes is excellent, cropping is nicely done.
    2. Intermediate-Advanced - Avatars are simple, but well done, the banner looks a little squished and the text a bit grainy.
    3. Intermediate-Advanced - Avatars are prettyful and well-done, the CatNip banner looks a little plain & the Natalia one a bit squished. CSI Girls wallpaper is EXCELLENT (though cropping could've been better on Marg) an Smacked wall was a tad simple.

4. Avanced - Use of brushes was good, coloring & contrasting was excellent. Good job!

Loved them all!!!

11. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Oh, c'mon guys! We really need some comments here, let's support the artists! *bribes into this thread with double chocolate cookies and some vodk... äh, milk ;)*
    And thanks SpeedsDaughter for starting :)

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:eek: I've been meaning to do this... *whistles innocently and takes cookies*

Artist 1: Intermediate/Advanced Excellent brush work! Cropping is well done. You've got good techniques. Images could be a bit clearer.

Artist 2: Intermediate Your work is well done. The banner is a bit... squished, but other than that, there's really nothing wrong with them. However, they are a bit plain. Don't be afraid to try a few new things. Experiment with colours and brushes. Oh... I especially like the second icon :)

Artist 3: Advanced Beautiful work. I could get nit-picky here, but I think everything was covered by SpeedsDaughter.

Artist 4: Advanced Lovely work. Your colouring is amazing. Good brush work as well.

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I keep looking at them but running out of time to funnly do this...and it's going to happen now! :D

#1- Intermediate or Advanced Th brushes work really well and the cropping looks really good. The coloring is very nice as well, I like the brightness and the black and white.

#2 Intermediate The icons are good but a little plain, adjusting the color or adding a texture or brush might help. The banner resizing makes it a bit squished and the text has a grainy feel. Also play with some brushes or colors it's a bit plain.

#3 Intermediate or Advanced The icons are bright and nicely cropped. The Cath banner is a bit dark and the Natalia banner is a bit squished when it was resized. The cropping on the girls wp is good, a bit rough around Marg and the Smacked wp is nice but just a tad dark.

#4 Advanced It was very hard for me to find something wrong with the icons, so in my limited ability they look amazing. The brushes and cropping work very well.

14. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Oi, only 3 people who commented so far? That's sad :(
    I'd comment too, but would like to have the OK from the artists first, so: please send me a pm if you want me to comment or not.
    Further more thanks to those who already left their comments, very much appreciated, and to everybody else: with what do I have to bribe you? Whiskey? Vodka? Ryan? ähem... ;) Tell me and I'll try to get it!

15. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

^^If you're offfering tequila then here's my comments :)

1- Intermediate- Nice use of brushes and textures, your icons look like minature works of art :) You have a lot going on in them, but they don't look overcrowded and on something so small that is hard to acheive. The images are a tiny bit grainy but these are well on thr way to being advanced though.

2-Intermediate (with a lot of potential to be advanced)- The images are nicely cropped in the icons and the banner is sized nicely, it's not sqaushed or anything. A little more colouring or the use of brushes would make ur work even prettier.

3-Intermediate-Advanced- I really like your icons, the crop and colouring works really well, but I have to say I'm in love with your first wallpaper, it's really hard to crop around hair, but you did a great job. The Cath/Nick banner, is def advance, the coloring is lovely, while the Natalia one has nice brush work but it's a little squished.

4-Intermediate-Good use of brushes and the coloring and contrasting is good.

I know I just commented my own work but I wanted to leave comments for these fabulosly talented artists :) I hope that okay seeing as we only have 3 commentsd so far.

LeAnne