What Books Are You Reading?-#3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Re: What Are You Reading?-#3

Super lame confession time: All I've been reading lately is Supernatural fan fiction. It's true. I even have two "Dexter" books to finish, and yet... *hangs head*

But in my defense, I've been reading really really fricking GOOD fanfic. Like... these are seriously talented writers. And they write fantastic Dean/Castiel stuff :D (which I've discovered is awesome... but would definitely NEVER work in canon).

2. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

i am really feeling childish but i was reading the book called "The Tales Of Beedle the Bard" by JK Rowling ... reminds me of the Grimm Fairytales. and i also have been reading Glee Fan Fiction and threads on my sites and my friend sites :)

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm abotu to start "dangerous liaisons" - in french. wish me luck....

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

Just finished reading Double Cross by James Patterson. I've just started reading In Extremis love that it so far and I probably spelled the title wrong to. :p

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i left my book "Rebecca's Tale" at home so i read an exhibition catologue i got at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

the catologue was about John Singer Sargent's work in the museum. he painted "Madam X" which is a fabulous painting and many more portraits and watercolors. the catologue gave some great insight into Sargent's other works.

i might start reading a book on American painters in Paris since i have no clue when i'll be going home again.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

still dangerous liaisons - i'm quite enjoying it, even though the french makes it pretty slow going, which is a shock!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  7. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Yesterday I've finished Laura Lippman's Every Secret Thing. This story about the two little girls who became murderers has made me very sad. :(

I'm going to read a novel by Raul Montanari now. It's a crime novel (What else? :lol:) and it's titled "Return of a Murderer". (Actually I don't know if there is an english translation of the book so I translated the german title....) Well, I think it's quiet different from the crime novels I normally read but I hope it will be wonderful read.

8. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i am still reading the firm by john grisham, and then when i get done it will either be a book by stephan king or the silence of the lambs.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've just finished a very long, very good SPN fanfic. I'd post a link but... I don't think I'm allowed to link to something containing "explicit" content. :D I'll just say that it centers around Dean and Castiel becomeing much closer... but don't get the wrong idea, it also has an epic, incredibly written plot.

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm currently reading Jonathan Kellerman latest Evidence. It has Alex Delaware and Milo Sturgis investigating a double homicide at a partially built mansion in LA. If you like a good psychological mystery Kellerman's books are good.

Mystery writer Michael Connelly is in town tomorrow and we're going to go get his latest book, 9 Dragons, signed. This is a Harry Bosch novel for those Michael Connelly fans. We're also hoping to get Ian Rankin's, The Complaints, autographed as well. This is not a Rebus novel :( One day I'm hoping Rankin will bring Rebus out of retirement.

11. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

I just started reading or trying to for the nth time Dan Brown's Angels & Demons.
    I wanted to read it first before I watch the film.

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I am actually reading Dan Brown's Angels & Demons now. I saw the movie when it was shown on the cinema. I wanted to read the book first, but never really had the time to read the entire book before I watched the movie. The book is based on the antagonism that have always existed between (Catholic) church and science. Which I think is very interesting, because nobody seems to believe that we can combine religion and science. It looks like the book is better than the movie.

13. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I'm reading another book for school, but I absolutely LOVE it. It's a play from the 1600s written by Marlowe. It's Dr. Faustus. I find it so fascinating. Plus, unlike Shakespeare, I get this :D Plus, it's super short.

14. Bonasera-Taylor

Bonasera-Taylor Prime Suspect

just finished Deluge - CSI:NY book

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ what did you think? i read one on holiday on a whim, i was intending not to read them as i didn't think they'd be much cop, but i ended up buying the rest and reading those too, i liked them!