What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, my conclusion to the book 'Memoirs of A Geisha'.

With a book filled with this much eroticism, I'll recommend this to anyone above the age of 13 :lol:. Nonetheless, it was beautifully written. I never knew the life of a Geisha had this much pain and unhappiness. Of course, spending the rest of your life entertaining men would be most boring. Go out and get a real life ladies! :lol:

My most favourite part would be some pages before the story ends. Where the Geisha, who's life the book is based on, finally gets what she wished for since she was thirteen or so. I am very happy for her. If you thought the movie was excellent, you'll love the book. :)

Im reading 'The Shadows of the wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón at the moment.

I love it so far. Im around the middle of the book and still have to read about 250 pages, but so can't wait how it will end.

I'm reading a Boxcar Children book :). You can't go wrong with a mystery that is only 100 pages long, and written for a second grader!

(Hmm...I shouldn't have admitted that!).

Nat said:
Im reading 'The Shadows of the wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafón at the moment.

I love it so far. Im around the middle of the book and still have to read about 250 pages, but so can't wait how it will end.

I'm reading that one too !!!
I began it 2 days ago and I've only read a few pages yet.
"La sombra del viento" is a best-selling here since it was released,everybody that had read it told me it was a wonderful book and that I should read it so I'm doing.

CSIsMANIAC said:
'Memoirs of a Geisha' by Arthur Golden. Amazing book so far :).

Amazing book, hell yes. ;) I love the ending so much because she gets what she wanted when she was 13 years old!So....feeling-provoking. So going to see the movie when it comes out on DVD. :D

Now, Im just finishing off reading the Stand (extended versionn which is about 1000 pages with small font :eek: ) by Stephen King for the 3rd time. <strokes book> He never fails to amaze me..<sigh>

^ Yeah! :D I wanted to watch the movie! Unfortunately, the movie came out at a bad time and now it's no longer showing! *slaps forehead* Can I join you to watch that movie on DVD? Man, I'm desperate! I heard Michella Yeoh was excellent in it. Don't know what role she's playing on it though.

CSIsMANIAC said:
^ Yeah! :D I wanted to watch the movie! Unfortunately, the movie came out at a bad time and now it's no longer showing! *slaps forehead* Can I join you to watch that movie on DVD? Man, I'm desperate! I heard Michella Yeoh was excellent in it. Don't know what role she's playing on it though.

Michelle Yeoh plays Mameha (the good geisha).
I've watched the film,it's good,I've to read the book.
More about the film here.

Ohhhhh!! I love Mameha! OMG! Thanks for clearing that up Hormiga! Mameha is so awesome. I really don't like Hatsumomo. What a pain in the neck she is. It's so obvious that Michelle would play the witty Geisha. :D :D

I'm reading the new CSI: NY book, Blood on the Sun or something like that, that I borrowed from my sister. It's ok, except for the authors obvious fixation on Stella. She's always got some drama going on in one of his books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back