What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Iactually prefer OOTP. i just feel that in HBP, JK had absolutly nowhere to go with the characters so she felt she had to go to an adult themes sort of things. geez, i know they're getting older and going towards their sexuality but hey, this is meant to be a kids book. and what's more: it's a book of fantasy, they're supposed to take you a little part away from reality.

2. wibble

wibble Corpse

*whispers* I love Harry Potter books too...which probably isn't healthy for a 20 year old...oh well, :p

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

^^^ I wouldn`t worry wibble, when I went on hoilday to New York there was a family to the side of me on the plane and the mother was reading the new Harry Potter book, I swear that she never stopped reading the book on the 8hr flight and didn`t stop while she ate her dinner! :eek: She was totally engrossed in it.

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

Hee hee, thanks Tinkerbell :) I know some adults read it too...it just that I feel a bit stupid admitting to reading it most of the time :eek: Thank heavens no one on this site knows me personally :eek: :lol: You know, I tried to get my Dad into it...I lent him the Philosopher's Stone...he read it, said he didn't like it, it was too childish :rolleyes: Needless to say I tried to explain it is a children's book...Oh well :p It's good to know so many other people love it though :)

5. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

I didn't know that OOTP had an adult feel to it? Maybe cuz i never got to it yet... But I know alot of adults that red HP so I guarantee you - you're normal lol.

I think some grown ups tend to see more than just the childish parts of HP - it is pretty mysterious and requires alot of imagination, and some grown ups need just that. Basically i'm saying ... all you need is a hug wibble ! :lol:
    *attacks wibble with big hug*

6. wibble

wibble Corpse

Aww, thanks Roka4csi :) *huggles back* :D You're right - I think adults are obviously going to pick up on the childish bits more. But then, I'm technically adult so...I'll just put all the enjoyment I get out of it down to my wild imagination and still being a child at heart :)

7. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Well, i dont consider 20 an adult :lol: seriously I mean I'm 18 meaning next year I'm 19 and one more year to be 20 - and I don't think we mature THAT quickly I think you'd still count yourself as a teenager. And even if not, whats more fun than an old 80 year old lady sitting there dreaming of witches and wizards :lol: cute!

8. soph

soph CSI Level One

wibble don't worry about it. I only got started reading Harry Potter cause my grandmother and my aunt were so desperately into it. I borrowed the books from my aunt.

Personally I didn't like HBP as much. Some parts I adored- the more action plotty bits, but I didn't like all the relationships all through it. I probably wouldn't have minded if they'd been in there, but I thought they made up too much of the book.

I just got The Messenger by Markus Zusak out of the library. I'm gonna start it as soon as I get off the net. I've actually met the auther when he came to our school last year, he's a really cool guy and a brilliant author.

9. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Its funny becaause HP just keeps getting bigger and bigger with every movie and book - its kind of inspiring, people still arent sick of it!

10. robospanker_fan

robospanker_fan CSI Level Two

I was once CRAZY about HP. Lol, I used to be the most active poster at this HP forum. Now I don't even have an acocunt there anymore. Sad, sometimes, when I think about it.

11. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, i used to be addicted too. then i got sick of waiting for the next book and all to come out so i sorta lost interest.

12. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Well, I only lost interest by the 5th book, also because I got bored of waiting for the new book but also, I felt that the new books were crap and didnt meet my expectations I had. I so believe that the first book or the fourth book was the best of all.

13. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

wow everyones into it now - am i the only person on earth that wasn't so addicted to it? i mean i read the books ( the first 2 only) and watched the movies but im not crazy about it = i just watch it cuz my sister is their number 1 fan

14. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

^ You're not the only one. I read it, I put it down and forgotten about it until the movies came. I wasn't interested in getting my hands on the book until they were like 40% off the original price. I only have upto Goblet and just borrowed the rest. I can't even recall what book is out now...haha.

15. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

lol see i dont have to worry about paying cuz my sister's obsessed and has all the books by her bed anyways... i'm just not into it right now. It seems so cool though but i dont want to be another HP freak cuz i'd only get into more fights with people lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.