What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

To Kill a Mockingbird! It’s one of my favourite books :D
    I wish it was obligatory reading at school instead of Werther :/ I mean, it’s been long since I had to read that one but I can still remember my disgust :/ don’t know how people could like this book and even wear similar clothes as Werther back in 18th century :confused: seriously, that guy spent all his time just moping around :rolleyes:
    At least, the title’s good, only Goethe forgot to add that it's the reader who’s most sorrowful during this book :lol:

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Oh, I also love To Kill a Mockingbird :)
    It was probably my favorite of all of the numerous books I've had to read during school.

Right now I am reading A Crack in The Line by Michael Lawerence.
    It's about this boy and this girl who are essentially living the same life in the same house at the same time, but neither knows the other exists. They are in like two seperate worlds kind of. So far it's been pretty good.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I love to Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't read the book until well into my adult life. It's a shame that some schools aren't allowed to have this book as part of their reading material anymore. You realize how truly amazing and gifted the author is when you realize that it's the only book Harper Lee ever wrote. Kemy if you ever get the chance watch the movie. Sometimes movies from books don't work but this one does.

4. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult

I haven't gotten far enough into it yet to make a decision on it, but I've read two of Picoult's other books and enjoyed them a lot.

5. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

I love the book Kill a Mockingbird,too. It's a great book. The movie with Gregory Peck in the main role as lawyer was very good.

At the moment I read The Vig by John T. Lescroart.

* Once Louis Baker, at the men, swore who brought him in the prison, bitter revenge. Now seemed the day to have come: Rusty Ingraham, a good old friend, disappears without trace. For ex cop Dismas Hardy begins a dangerous play...*

To read really excitingly. There are always new surprises....

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm reading Helliconia Summer by Brian W. Aldiss, it's a second part of the trilogy about Helliconia after Helliconia Spring. Action is after hundred years than the first book.

7. CSI24

CSI24 Victim

I am reading a book of poetry. It is American Poetry of the 19th century. Some of them are odd, but some poems are amazing. :)

8. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

Oh I love To Kill A Mockingbird. It was one of the very few books I read in high school that I liked. Way better than Catcher in the Rye or Of Mice and Men. I hated both of those.

Anyway, my current book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm actually re-re-re-re-re-reading it. What can I say, I love the Potter books and re-read them when I feel like it. :)

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I'm actually rereading The Da Vinci Code... i read it when it first came out and loved it think i finished it in 3 days... so taking it slightly slower this time because i want to read the rest of the Dan Brown series.

I'd just finsihed Stephanie Meyers "The Host" and i really liked it however i found it took a while to get into it but once it got to half way through the book and i was hooked and really enjoyed it.

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I'm reading book "Star Shadow" by Siergei Lukianienko. It's my own translation so maybe in English this book has a different title. Anyway, a lot of action - aliens, spacehips, civilisations etc. Reading it is a good relax.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm reading The Light Fantastic, the second book in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I just finished Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. It was awesome but didn't turn out the way you'd want it to.

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I am reading Mister Monday, the first book in The Keys to the Kindgom series by Garth Nix. I absolutely love these books! I've read the first five of them about a dozen times and they're still great :) My book is about to fall apart since I've carried it around so much though...

13. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I'm reading "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks. It's about a U.S. Marine named Logan who finds a beat up picture of a beautiful woman while in Iraq. When he can't find the owner of the photo, he keeps it and soon discovers a run of good luck. When he goes home, he can't get the woman out of his mind, so he goes to North Carolina where he believes she is too look for her. That's as far as I have gotten so far.

14. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

I'm reading "The gun seller" by Hugh Laurie at the moment and its actually a great read!

When Thomas Lang, a hired gun with a soft heart, is contracted to assassinate an American industrialist, he opts instead to warn the intended victim - a good deed that doesn't go unpunished. Within hours Lang is butting heads with a Buddah statue, matching wits with evil billionaires, and putting his life ( among other things) in the hands of a bevy of femmes fatales, while trying to save a beautiful lady...and prevent an international bloodbath to boot.

It's a great intricate story with alot of humour that one would associate with Mr Laurie. So far so good :)

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

The Gun Seller is a great book :)

I'm reading Goethe's Faust. Well, it's not bad, but right now I have better things to for school than reading another book. We have so many things to study for but now our German teacher told us to read play. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.