What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm in the middle of like 5 books at the moment:
    - the new CSI novel In Extremis
    - Dante's Inferno
    - Art and Architecture of The Louvre
    - a book on Leonardo Da Vinci
    - and a book on King Arthur

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Hugh Laurie wrote a book, i agree with you cathwillows. that is very interesting.

I am going to start reading the Harry Potter books again.

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

I think that's the guy who wrote The Analyst, which I read...erm, quite so time ago. Glad to hear his other books are also good :)

Dying to read this book...it's on my book list for this year, but have so many others I want to read too, lol.

At the moment I'm reading Goodnight, My Angel by Margaret Murphy. This is a psychological thriller about a mother who's child was murdered 6 months previously and starts receving emails from the murderer, who was never caught. Quite well written, and didn't guess "whodunnit". A fairly clever ending, and the book as a whole uses the internet heavily as a psychological tool to good effect.

Other books I've finished reading recently:

- The Girls He Adored by Jonathan Nasaw (highly recommend this).
    - Tales of The City by Armistead Maupin.
    - Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride.

4. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I am reading 2 books right now. The first is The Town by Bentley Little and The Third Reich in Power by Richard J. Evans. I am actually reading more, but those are the most recent and have been able to keep my interest.

5. jencsimiamigrl

jencsimiamigrl Hit and Run

Just finishedStalemate by iris johansen. I like crime thrillers sometimes and other fiction

6. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I have a tendency to read books that I can identify with in some way and in some cases I have actually been sitting there with tears streaming down my face. For someone who doesn't show much emotion-ever, it takes a damn good author to do that to me. A few books I've just finished reading (mostly non-fiction) I pick up 3 or 4 books at a time - I'm a bit wierd like that you see.-

Ollie: The Inspiring Story of a Special Child- Stepehn Venables
    Daddy's Little Girl- Julia Latchem-Smith
    The Step Child- Donna Ford
    Hannah's Gift- Maria Housden
    Damaged- Cathy Glass.

I reccomened every one of the books I've listed, although some of the subject matter of some of them may not be to everyone's tastes (I don't know ifit can be discussed on this board, but google the books if you wanna find out more).They are extremely well written and not cliched at all.

LeAnne xx

7. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I'm reading The pillars of earth. Just started it, but I'm liking it.

I have the tendency to turn to those book that have a history background and some sort of black story.

8. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

I've read 'Lamb' by Christopher Moore. It's a novel about how he thinks Jesus grew up according to his best friend named Biff. It's actually a good book with a good sense of humor with some depth to it.

I'm currently reading 'The City of Falling Angels' by John Berendt. It's a documentary about Venetians.

I'm a bookworm, I don't really read just one genre. I can read pretty much anything, even the most boring book in the world. Once I've started the book, no matter how much I hate the writing or the plot, I just have to finish it. Books are my weakness. Some people go to the mall and they can't leave a store without buying anything. For me, it's hard to leave a bookstore without buying anything.

9. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Lawrie Sanchez - The Northern Ireland Years (A book about Northern Ireland's last soccer team manager.)

10. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I've just started a new book called "When Darkness Falls", by Shannon Drake, it's about Vampire's, and Ancestory. I'm up to the part, where the vampire Lucian, thinks Jade MacGregor his re-incarnated love. It takes place in Scotland Cemetary, while she's on vacation.

11. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I haven't started to read the Harry Potter books again yet but I think I will start this weekend. Right now I am reading this book in my English class called The Merchants of Venice by Shakspeare. I barely read throught Act 1 scene 1 so I'm not sure what it is about. My teacher told us that it ends with an almost courtroom scene. So we are going to have a mock trial when we finish reading the book. The last book in the class we read was Monkey and it was boring.

12. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I will soon start to read "The Long Way Down" By Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman.

13. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I have read (in french) Fingersmith by Sarah Waters (french title: Du bout des doigts). I love the atmosphere of Great-Britain and London of 19th. What a brilliant plot with a lot of twists and turn ! I loved the story of these two women, I was hooked from the beginning to the end ! And now I'am gonna watch the tv version from the BBC.

14. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

The Jig Saw Man. A book written by a psychiatrist who is called in by police to create a profile of a killer/criminal they are trying to catch.

Different cases. All real time cases though so all the crimes have really happened.

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm currently reading Stalked by Brian Freeman. This is the third book in the Stride and Serena series. Stride has moved back to Duluth and Serena comes with him. Serena is a Private Investigator now while Stride is still a lieutenant with the police. There are 3 different plots involved and from past books they likely will all wrap up as one case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.