Was Danny abused as a child?

yeah i think it's definately his trust issues that got him into more trouble in 'On the job'.

But would things have turned out different, because even if Mac would have given Danny more attention, Danny doesn't trust him. So would Danny have listened to Mac more if he was given more attention. I'm not so sure.

I don't think it's about Mac giving Danny more attention. I think if he had taken Danny's personality into account and hadn't been as harsh with him he might have gotten the result he wanted - Danny staying out of things until Mac issued their preliminary report.

yeah that's a good point. If Mac has taken a more sublte, reasoning approach in the first place, Danny may have listened. I think it isn't helping Danny's trust issues, Mac pushing him away because it gives the impression that Mac doesn't trust danny.

Mac, come to think of it, has a trust issue himself. He doesn't trust Danny, and it seems he doesn't trust anyone at all. I mean, come on, why be distant and harsh with people when they're helping you solve your damn case? And especially with someone who's downright genius at what he does and who's no doubt seen stuff in his past that no one should see... although if Mac knew that, why would he hire Danny in the first place? Why not offer to get him help? Why berate him when he's only trying to help (making a couple of mistakes along the way, but with good intentions)?

That's my two cents' worth.

Angie

Genius at what he does? You must be watching the wrong show.

Mac seems to trust Stella just fine. He trusts Aiden, Chad, Flack, Hawkes, Condie, Jane, Amy with his breakfast, that hot dog vendor... Maybe if Danny didn't go around his back, trying to work cases that he was told not to work, Mac would have a reason to trust him.

Jeez, I wouldn't trust Danny to do my laundry. He'd probably shoot it.

Jeez, I wouldn't trust Danny to do my laundry. He'd probably shoot it.

Ow midnight, Danny's not that bad! He might use a different washing powder because he's sure that the one you use doesn't get the clothes really clean and doesn't smell as nice as the one he uses, though. ;)

He might not qualify as a 'genius', but I don't think he does too bad at his job, either. Although he followed his hunch first in 'Outside Man' he did go back to the evidence and successfully closed the case. Although he had 'issues' with gypsy cab drivers he did find out the truth and bring the murderer to justice.

Did anyone notice in 'The Closer' Danny mentioned the fact that the murdered baseball fan had a wife and kids? Yet again he brings up family, how many times is that now?

yeah i did notice that. :)

I was reading a review from 'a man a mile' i'm not sure if its true because i haven't seen it but it does mention about Danny and how the others treat him. It suggests that mac and stella see danny as an insubordinate but aiden as an equal.

Quote from: http://www.csifiles.com/reviews/csi/a_man_a_mile.shtml
'While Stella treats Mac as a superior officer (albeit one she feels close to as a friend) and treats Danny as a subordinate, she and Aiden interact as equals on this case.'

And then it mention:
'When Danny uncovers a major clue, Stella praises him like a school teacher, but with Aiden, Stella seems to admire the woman's ease in interacting with witnesses.'

So i don't really blame Danny for not trusting the others that much if they treat him differently.

attack her with a soft object (a hard pillow comes to mind) to beat some sense into her. :lol.

(i love you really midnight tiptoes) :)

Play nice with midnight, folks! She's a good egg. :lol:

And she makes a good point...I mean, seriously, I wouldn't trust Danny with my laundry. Would you guys, really? You know he'd wash the reds and whites together. :lol:

Crazy4Danny you bring up a good point. It does seem like Mac and Stella seem to realize Danny needs a little more supervision than Aiden does. Danny does act a bit headstrong when it comes to following his own leads...look how he was in "Outside Man." He eventually got it right...by listening to Aiden. But if Mac and Stella aren't placing any faith in them, that's not going to encourage him to trust them.

yeah there's one thing supervising him to help him. But he seems to think they are trying to hinder him. He's insecure as it is and seeing them not checking up on Aiden can't exactly boost his confidance.

He probably thinks 'if they don't trust me, why should i trust them.' I know i would.

^I could easily see that being his mentality. These days, Danny seems to be a victim of himself more than anyone else. His recklessness/refusal to listen to his superiors makes them trust him less, making him feel like no one believes in him and therefore making him feel like he needs to prove himself to others more, by being more inventive/reckless...and so on.

Okay, I watched "On the Job" and "The Closer" over the weekend and they lit a fire.

Mac basically inferring that he had regerets about hiring Danny after the cop shooting, must have been murder on Danny. Imagine you have trust issues, now imagine your supervisor telling you they regret your hiring? Do you think things are going to get better? What the hell was Mac thinking? He certainly wasn't thinking about Danny as an employee? He certainly wasn't behaving like a supervisor, and his comment absolutly crossed the line. Frankly, the deepness of Danny's emotional problems were highlighted in this moment and in Danny's question of "are we okay" in a subsequent episode. Danny's need to smooth over the situation and make things okay, despite Mac's being an outright ass screams abused child. That is not to say that Danny was not out of line, because he was, but so was Mac. Although, Danny has trust issues, those issues seem to play a larger role in his relationship with Mac, and not as much with others, despite the walking out on Flack, because he trusted him enough to make the call if not listen to the advice. He trusts Aiden enough to hear her advive about the psyc evaluation, and his realtionship with Stella has an ease to it. What's up with Mac and Danny? They both need psychiatric treatment.

Ali

Back