Was Danny abused as a child?

I agree with you guys that Mac is the most likely one to get results (though I still wouldn't rule out Stella, as she seems to have some influence over Danny as well). Given the way the Mac/Danny relationship has been built up, I would put my money on Mac finding out what went wrong with Danny and being the one to confront him about it.

No, that's MY money on the bail. :lol: HER money's going to see LT Dan the man in concert. Let's get Carmine in the band too! Good god, I need a cold shower now.

I agree with JediCSI72. It would be a good way of finding out what's wrong with Danny. I think Mac will finally understand what's been bothering Danny.

Mac sitting Danny down and talking with him is a good idea. He seems to be like a father figure to Danny so maybe he'll be able to break down Danny's trust barrier and get him to open up.

No, that's MY money on the bail. :lol: HER money's going to see LT Dan the man in concert. Let's get Carmine in the band too! Good god, I need a cold shower now.

Sorry, forgot. Either way Top41 doesn't have any money. :lol: Carmine's meant to be able to play the guitar, wonder if he's any good? They used some of Carmine's past with the baseball storyline, so I also wonder if they'll get Danny playing the guitar as well. Have we ever really seen what the CSI's get up to on their down time?

Back to the thread subject though, at what point in the season do you all think Mac should discover what went on with Danny?

now if Carmine were to join the band, I would be in serious trouble. simply because I would have to hunt that man down and , well I cannot continue with this train of thought right now.

Now, I don't see this as being a calm sitdown chat. I think that if Mac pulled Danny in and asked him what was going on, Danny would just say,"Nothing." I think this would be a lock the door and put away the breakables sitdown. I also think that Mac is going to have to know what is going on before he confronts Danny. He's either going to have to see the person threaten Danny or see something in Danny's reaction to the situation that's a give away that he was abused. Danny's not going to admit to having been abused easily and Mac is going to have to be able to say,"I don't know the details, but I KNOW this person hurt you." I think that's the only way Mac will get Danny to tell him anything about what happened. He's going to need that wedge to get Danny to open up.

JediCSI72 i agree. Mac will have to spell it out to Danny that he knows what wrong with him. I think he'll still have a hard time trying to convince danny to open up to him.

I think it will take a lot for mac to confront Danny. He'll need to be sure and have a way that Danny can't back out of it. someone threating danny or danny's reaction to a case are good theories. I think danny's reaction would be to shut down and be unemotional. i think that would definately be noticed by the others.

I also think that Mac is going to have to know what is going on before he confronts Danny.
Oh I definitely think Mac needs to find out what's bugging Danny, be it by chance or by investigation, only then can he focus on Danny and his issues. If Mac does not take such care and consideration towards Danny's situation, he's not gonna get any results, and Mac knows that.

I wonder where Mac would confront Danny. I cant seeing it being in his office. I think it would be Danny's apartment because Mac would want some place where Danny was comfortable. I tthink that would make a great season 2 finale. Danny's abuser shows up and Mac somehow figures it out and at the end Danny's at home, haveing just got out of the shower, and says Danny we need to talk and then the credits role and season 3 opens with Mac and Danny opens with that talk. That would give us alot to discuss over the summer.

I think this would be a lock the door and put away the breakables sitdown.

:lol:
I also think that Mac is going to have to know what is going on before he confronts Danny. He's either going to have to see the person threaten Danny or see something in Danny's reaction to the situation that's a give away that he was abused.

Because, as several people have pointed out, Danny has major trust issues, I think it would be good if Mac came in as the person was threatening Danny and Mac gets physical with them. Maybe yells at them , tells them exactely what he thinks of people like them and then throws them out. This would give Danny undoubtable prove that Mac is prepared to defend him and help him make the first step to saying what went on. Just confronting Danny wouldn't do anything to gain his trust but seeing Mac actually do something might.

Not sure Danny's apartment would be the best place to talk to him. A person's home is normally somewhere they can retreat to and feel safe, and they wouldn't want any negative emotions attached to it. Maybe Mac's place. It wouldn't be familiar but it should be more relaxed and less public than Mac's office.

I'd also want this to be dealt with before the season finale, although adder574's scenario would give us a lot to talk about next summer.

Heh, you guys are right--I have no money, so I'll just have to offer my good word on my theories. :lol:

As for how Mac would confront Danny...honestly, I can see it being more likely that Danny shuts down working on a case involving an abused child, rather than confronting his own abuser. It just seems more likely to happen that way given how the CSI shows operate. I could see Mac confronting Danny mid-case and Danny not being able to talk about it at that point, but then coming to Mac when the case is over and telling him what happened.

That said, I think it would be more interesting to find out what happened to Danny in the middle of the case, so that we could get Mac's reaction and also watch Danny find a way to finish the case after the audience knows what happened to him. I think it might be more dramatic that way.

I wonder where Mac would confront Danny. I cant seeing it being in his office. I think it would be Danny's apartment because Mac would want some place where Danny was comfortable. I tthink that would make a great season 2 finale. Danny's abuser shows up and Mac somehow figures it out and at the end Danny's at home, haveing just got out of the shower, and says Danny we need to talk and then the credits role and season 3 opens with Mac and Danny opens with that talk. That would give us alot to discuss over the summer.
I'd love a scene where we'd get to see Danny's appartment, tho I doubt it will happen. A scene like that would be too similar to a scene from the CSI:LV ep Nesting Dolls where Grissom confronts Sara.

I think Mac will confront Danny in a different setting, maybe something like an empty baseball stadium or on top of Brooklyn Bridge, or maybe a run-down diner or something.

Back