Wallpaper thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the three wp's from the last wp challenge.

Calleigh

Mac/Stella

Catherine

Then two more just for fun. :D First one's a D/L one which is my first try at doing one of them.

Next one is another M/S one. Was messing around with brushes & stuff on both so hope ya like. Really not that great but.............. :lol:

Gregslabmouse, it looking good for a newby.
Katpin, great as ever!

Here's my original that I changed in to Catherine Willows for the WP Challenge.

Horatio

CSISenna i really love that style you made that wallpaper with. Its so pretty. And i dont even really like Horatio. *hides from all the H lovers & ducks*

katpin - I'm loving your new walls - beautiful, all of them! I've snagged the blue H/Y wall - gorgeous! :D

mitzi692000 - You're right to be proud of that Greg wall - it's really good - I've snagged it too! :D

CSISenna - I liked your Cath wall and voted for it in the challenge but I adore your original H wall! It's also snagged! I like your DuCaine wall also and I understand your PS addiction! ;)

gregslabmouse - I love the style you used on your wall - keep 'em coming! :cool:

DragonflyDreamer said:
Thanks so much for posting that link! Those are just the kinds of tutorials I've been looking for :)
No probs. I was really chuffed to find the tutorials myself - blending is a skill I'm constantly trying to improve!

Speaking of which, I've produced another blended wallpaper - using caps provided by Beyond Imagination and tutorials, textures, gradients and brushes from Moments Misplaced:

I don't think its as good a blend as my two previous but it was trickier because the colours/lighting on the caps differed from cap to cap and I had to fiddle with settings - sometimes I fear I fiddle too much. I wish I had a natural artist's eye!

The quote used in the wall is from the talk between Hodges and Sara in the episode "Empty Eyes" from which all the caps are taken.

csi_fan_uk that's a really beautiful Empty Eyes wallpaper. Speaking of that technique, I decided I would try it. It's going to take some work to get it right but for now, here's one using that tutorial

Mac & Peyton

csi-fan-uk i think you got the perfect artist eye, i'd love to no how you lose the backgrounds from the images yoiu've cut, i just cant seem to be able to master that yet. Thanks as well for the kind words you said about mine to, im glad you liked it enough to snag it.

CSISenna wow is all I can say. It really is gorgeous.

gregslabmouse I'm sorry I forgot to mention your wp. Please don't worry about your wp. I think it's great for a nebie. You should've seen mine when I first began. LOL Even now I still have some bad ones. LOL Hope to see more.

csi_fan_uk-mouth watering. Maybe one day I'll learn more about the blending process. Sometimes I think I have and well.................lol. I love it.

fallenthrough- awesome wp. Love the coloring on it

You're all soooooooooo very talented.

Thank you fallenthrough and mitzi! :)

fallenthrough - that's a great first attempt at the blending technique and a beautiful wall! I've snagged it. :D

mitzi - for my latest walls I've been following these tutorials. Using the lasso tool with a feather effect in Photoshop was a great tip I learnt from these! In other walls I simply use the eraser too with a combination of normal and blurred brush and use the zoom function to get in close. Most tutorials tend not to advocate using the eraser tool but advocate the pen tool instead - personally, I ignore this and go for the easier option! ;)

thanks csi fan uk for that, and wots great is that it uses adobe photoshop, i thought i was the only one who used it.

Thanks katpin and csi_fan_uk I wasn't really fond of that wallpaper, but I'm my own worst critic. Literally. Here's two more I really just think are awful. One has color problems and the other I really just overblended. But I attempt at making it work.

Mac & Peyton

Grissom & Sara

All your wps are amazing! I wish i was as good as you are! I have Corel PaintShop Pro X, which is very hard to master, but i'm working on it :lol: Great job everyone!

PSG xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back