Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by FallenforGrissom, Jul 31, 2006.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Re: Vartann&Willows #1Vartllows:b/c This Guy..'Can Hit the Bowl'

I can finally comment! I loved their small scene on thursday! I agree that it's really cool that he said that he liked that she has guts. That's a pretty strong characteristic of Cath and it's great that he likes it so much. I was surprised that they talked about them so out in the open (since Nick was there and they weren't exactly whispering) since I thought they would keep it more of a secret, don't exactly know why I thought that though. Anyway, Nick's reaction was fun to watch. I just love them together :). Hot...

Canon!

2. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I think they were whispering.And that Nick was very very curious.Not that I blame him.:lol:

I also want to see a fight between them .It could be about work or even what TV show they will watch at home.Something that will spark sassy Catherine.Nothing major or angsty of course.I can not say this enough ,I HATE angst.

LH,what is your name at FF.net?

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Oh yea, sassy fiesty Catherine is great. I don't see her backing down from anything. But I don't see him either. So a fight, or a disagreement would be awesome. Something to see the sparks flying. I'm surprised we didn't see any of that about her decision to bring Haskell to Vegas. But hey, I'm not complaining. :D

Also, all we have ever seen of him has been on the working side. I don't think I've ever seen him disagree with anyone. ... oo wait back in Season 6, A Bullet Runs Through It, he and the Sheriff had words, but that's all I can think of.

I'm sure it would be different for him now that Cath is the CSI supervisor as well..

I'm still wanting to see them out on a date, playing pool is a great one. :)
    *psst, still waiting for someone to write a fic about that :) *
    Anyone else have date suggestions?

OT: electra, check your PM's. :D

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ever since the episode with the unfortunate name I want to see them leaving a Cirque show and just taking a walk down the Strip. Just talking, maybe stopping and sharing a kiss. Just a short, sweet scene that delves a little deeper into their relationship. Maybe at the end of an episode after a tough case.

I agree about them having a disagreement, it would be interesting to watch. I think that under his calm exterior he is much tougher and firm than he appears to be and I would like to see Cath deal with that. Of course I would like a nice resolution afterwards ;).

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The scene in the finale was so good. Vartann telling Cath he likes that she has guts or something like that... and then saying no wonder she got up so early that morning. Cath saying she wishes she'd stayed in bed. Vartann saying he does too. Nick's interest piquing at their conversation. Then Vartann walking out and Nick saying to Cath "why am I always the last to know?" hehe. I wrote a fic a while back where Nick said that same exact thing about Cath/Vartann. hehe. Oh and I just have to add that when they brought in the stripper, Vartann's expression was like "what the hell?" :lol: He wasn't oogling her like most men would. Why would he? He's got Cath. Heh. :D Loved that!

6. ladyhunter

GNRFan, here's their exact convo....

V: It took a lot of guts to bring him down here.
    But that's what I like about you.

Now I know why you were up so early this morning.

C: I wish I'd stayed in bed.

V: *sigh* Oh, me too.

One of the the most understated yet sexy declarations ever... LOL

And I would like to see Cath rattle him too. I agree under his calm cool exterior I'm sure there is something that can push his buttons.

Cath seems calmer these days, but I'm also quiet sure there are still things that can rattle her.

So a disagreement between them would be hot, because they would both be coming from differing points of view about the same thing.

7. bugsnbones

bugsnbones Civilian

I love this ship, but not to fond of the name. I read it somewhere that they were also known as LoveBug guess cause well Vartann/Willows and VW BUG... [I put that on my fanfiction site] Sounds more romantic to me LoveBug. Hey still love the pairing; perfect match what ever it's called! :thumbsup:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hehe the VW thing is funny. Though "LoveBug" reminds me more of Grissom than Vartann because of the bug stuff. However I totally agree in that it's a perfect match whatever they are called.

I was thinking that it would be nice if we could get a scene with Lindsay and know what she thinks of Vartann. Since this show doesn't delve much into the character's personal lives I don't know if they would ever do it but it'd be nice to know what she thinks of her mom and Vartann.

9. ladyhunter

Welcome bugsnbones :D

VW does sound cute, so does 'love bug' but somehow it doesn't seem to fit them. That name sounds too 'cutesy' and they are beyond that. :D

I'd love to see Lindsey's reaction to him in their life. I'm sure he will be more involved in Catherine's life and hence Lindsey's as well.

I'm sure Lindsey will just be happy for her mom and that Catherine found a good decent guy. Not to say that it won't be a smooth ride, but Catherine and Lou are mature enough to handle life and their relationship.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah they are kind of too hot for lovebug :D . It's funny cause Vartann is this calm, laylow dude whom it's not like say Warrick that had all this sexiness about him, but still the guy really has this thing going on about him. And when paired with Cath who oozes sexiness they make a really sizzling couple. Vartann also brings with him maturity and stability and I think that really adds to his appeal.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Any idea what will happen to them next season? I wonder how Catherine job will be affected becouse of what happened to Ray.I want to see Vartan take in all this becouse I can see him on Brass side considering he is a cop but is also "dating " Catherine.

12. ladyhunter

That's going to be very interesting. How Catherine can stand by her decision after having Nicky and now Ray almost killed.

And since Brass is Vartann's boss, I'm sure Brass would have a thing or two to say about that. But I don't really think that Brass would pit one against the other. It seemed in the finale Vartann was pretty much out of the decision making process or even that she made that decision. He just said he liked her guts to bring him to Vegas.

I do hope there is some resolution to her actions and if it doesn't affect their relationship. I'm hoping not, I'm with you electra, NO ANGST! They are two mature people, not like Marg said, a pair of 20 year olds, so there could be some fall out some backlash but hopefully it won't affect their relationship.

13. electra

electra Pathologist

Brass would be the first one to give his hand to Catherine if things get rough next season.But I think Vartan is going to feel conflicted .I do expect him to give his "shoulder to cry" regardless.Like you said,they are adults and I am sure he can differentiate his lover and the woman that is a supervisor.

14. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

When I found out that something was going on with Vartann and Cath , I kinda react like Nick :lol:

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ooohh I hadn't thought about the repercussions for Cath because of what happened to Ray. Brass could certainly tell her a thing or two about all that. It certainly puts Vartann in an interesting position like you mentioned since he is a detective. Though it's pretty evident that even if he agrees with Brass about the risks she took he still admires that she took them because he said so himself. So he can't really go against her (not that I see him doing that anyway) because he did think it was a gutsy call but in the end he likes and respects that about her. I think that if came down to him being in the middle he would try to make them both see both sides of the coin. I don't know how Cath would take that but given how much she has grown as a proffesional and supervisor I think she'll understand and will be able to see the big picture. In my opinion both Vartann and Cath will be able to clearly see the difference between their professional relationship and their personal one.