UK Season 7 LV Ep Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
*yay* I'm excited too :)

Here's what we have to look forward to:

THE CSI TEAM IS CALLED IN TO INVESTIGATE THE UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING A WOMAN'S DEATH IN A PARISH CHURCH.

Grissom and his team investigate the case of a woman found dead in a parish church. -- Following the evidence, the team uncovers a bizarre love triangle dating all the way back to high school that could reveal who is responsible for the woman's murder.

Sounds like an interesting full team case, but following last weeks fantastic episode will be tough. :)

Yep, everyone working together like a happy little family... :D

I actually think I prefer 2 case episodes, but this could be a good one...

For me it depends whos working with who! Tonights sounds like an interesting episode. ;)

--EDIT--

What did people think? I wasn't overly impressed. It was ok but I think last weeks brilliant episode was still in my mind. Brass was again outstanding for me. I wanna marry him! :lol:

Double Cross.

I can't say I was overly impressed with this episode. It was okay, but I felt like drifting into a light sleep after 25 minutes. :lol:

In my opinion, this episode was the worst to date. I supposed after all the drama we've had up until now, this episode was always going have less excitment in that respect. The story failed to hold my interest, and this maybe because there was no B story to even it out. I do prefer a B story, and if not a B story then the A would have to be pretty damn good to make up for it, and in this case, I didn't feel it was.

I was surprised to see Greg still suffering from the after effects of the previous episode. I was expecting, true to CSI form, for him to be fully recovered, suffering from no emotional trauma what-so-ever and happily working on a case. I was pleased to see TPTB had at least applied make up to Eric.

The only other thing that I'll mention is Grissom and Sara. At the time I couldn't work out if Grissoms 'dear' comment was supposed to be sarcastic or genuine. If it was genuine, which it now appeared to be, I felt it seemed a little put on and didn't sound at all convincing to me.

I'll leave it there, as I can't think of any other moments in this episode to talk about. :eek:

Final words: Below average, with not enough Nick scenes.

Hmm, Double Cross. I agree with most of the above comments to this episode.

One case episodes rely on having a convincing and interesting case to hold our attention. And for me this case lacked any excitement and had an overly dramatic crime scene in the church which seemed strange considering the outcome of the case, and who the murderer was, so he lost his temper because she was in love with the priest and killed her, or actually strung her up there alive! Overkill I think. ;)

Nice to see Greg there though, and yes good to see his injuries were not completely ignored. Also Catherine's rememberance of Sam was nice to see.

The morgue scene with Grissom and Sara was slightly odd and appeared a little awkward. However, calling Sara 'dear' is OK with me and an interesting insight into their relationship. My husband calls me 'dear' all the time, so I think it isn't that unusual. The rosary beads, Grissom keeping them in his office is weird, and I'm assuming from this that Mrs Grissom is dead, disappointing all those people who hoped to see the lovely old dear at some point. :lol:

To sum up, not enough Nick, a bit of character detail, and an unconvincing case. I could write about the things I didn't like for a while, the stereotypical Catholic Priest, pregnant lover, guernsey cows, manner of death; I struggle to mention too much that I liked other than Meredith Monroe, I like her and it was nice to see her in LV, and Catherine's shirt, which I totally loved! :lol:

Do they ever play repeats in the UK during the season like in the US?? Or is that part of the reason they start late??

^Every US series that airs in the UK tends to start late, it's just the way it is! (very annoying) :lol:

But no, they don't do repeats so we get a new episode every week until the end of the run, unless there is an unusual event to stop it (like the London bombings, which meant that Grave Danger aired a week later than it was scheduled to).

They don't show repeats of the current series because (I think I'm right in saying) the channel don't have the rights to the second run, just to air it first. As soon as it is finished on channel 5, another cable channel immediately airs the entire season again. :)

Well I've seen repeats on Channel Five just that they usually play the season again after say the new season of Miami or Ny has started and/or at a later time slot.

About Double Cross well hmm bit boring really after all the excitement and drama this was flat. But was nice to see Greg still suffering from his attack and not just brushed under the carpet as is usually the case. Greg and Catherine's little talk seemed to me that Greg was forcing his cheery persona after she walked away trying to convince everyone he's Ok so i'm hoping we'll get more into this.

The morgue scene with Sara and Grissom IMO seemed forced but I did like the scene with Warrick and Hodges, the look Warrick gave him when he said "Bull" and when he walked away from him.

Channel Five share re-runs with Five US (their sister channel). They seem to have a set time so once a new season finishes it is replaced by an older version of any CSI (did that make sense).

Well I wasn't impressed with this episode. I think they put so much into last weeks and made it so dramatic that this let them down.

The storyline was so predictable after about 20 minutes which didn't help. I also prefer two cases running at the same time. It can be hard to keep one case running for a whole episode.

Was disappointed with how quick they had Greg recover. It makes it a little unreal. Someone with that amount of beating would be seriously affect both mentally and physically. It just looked like he had a beating to his face. No limp when he walked or holding his rubs.

The Sara/Gil thing is a mystery. They start you off at the end of a season and now I'm completely lost. Yeah there is the odd comment (Gil calling Sara 'Dear' last night) but apart from that I see nothing. Will be nice to see how it progresses if at all.

Definitely not one of the best episodes, it lacked any excitment for me. There could easily have been a second storyline. Interaction between Sara and Gil was a bit wooden, especially after the time it took for them to get together I would have thought there would have been more sparks between them.

I was a bit confused about the rosary beads, I don't remember Grissom saying his mum had died or did I just miss that last season? :confused:

Brass was on top form but not enough of Nick/warrick.

Roll on next tuesday. :)

Clearing up the confusion I have caused with my post: :lol: Sorry, I was slightly wrong and not very clear... :)

Channel Five has the rights to air all 3 CSI shows, but focusing on LV, last July it bought the rights to air the first run of each new season (I don't know how long the contract is). Previously, Living TV had the rights to show the second run of each new season. Now Living still has rights to air it after the first run on Five, but Five also negotiated for it's new digital channel, Five US, to have the rights to air the second run of the season as well. After 2 runs of the season, Five and Living both have the right to air whatever they want, whenever they want to.

In the US they sometimes air a couple of new episodes and then have a week where they show a current season rerun instead. This can't happen here because Channel Five doesn't have the rights to air the current season again straight away. eg. Grave Danger was rescheduled, they didn't show a current season episode in its place that night, instead they showed Butterflied and another from season 4. :)

I know it is a little early, but next week we have this to look forward to: (well, I'm excited about it) :D

Burn Out
GRISSOM SUSPECTS THAT A KNOWN NEIGHBORHOOD SEX OFFENDER MAY BE INVOLVED IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF TWO YOUNG BOYS.

When two young boys are reported missing, Grissom goes head to head with a neighborhood pedophile in order to find them. -- a known neighborhood sex offender is the primary suspect. In an attempt to extract his confession, Grissom asks for the pedophile's help in catching the boys' abductor. However, the case turns out to be much more complicated than Grissom or the rest of the CSI team ever expected.

Ya I'd just like to say that Double Cross has been the most boring of the season to date, so don't get too depressed, they'll get better

Double cross may have been the worst to date but when you consider how great the others have been this series its hardley suprising but still more next time please. The Greg bit was cute thou well done cath for cheking he was okay why didn't anyone else :confused: o well

*Steps on stool* Hey all, just thought I would let you know that I have updated the episode links and names on page one (post one).

I was asked if they were in order and Yes they are, they go across in order of how they air, first four eps, then the next four and the next, ect. so yep they are in the order in which they aired in the U.S.

*Steps Down*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back