Travel Thread

I haven't traveled very far, not much out of the US besides Toronto.
But I just added a new state to my list- Vermont. It felt very different than Ohio (where I'm from).
Very green- both the mountains and landscape and the environmentally conscious aspect of a lot of what i saw. And beautiful! The sky seemed...bigger and bluer

Little_peaches, if England Counts for you, then Wales counts for me living in England. lol

I really want to go back to the US, try a few different states.

I've already posted locations i've been but i'm curious about something and thought was best to post here.

I'm off to Pargue for 4 days in 2 weeks with some friends and have no idea what the weather will be like.. Was wondering if anyone knew??

I have looked at weather sites but most are useless as when i was in spain beginning of june the weather said it would rain and we never saw any of it.

Dawni from what I gather, sounds a little like the UK except hotter, oh look sunshine! oh look! Rain! :lol: Seems like a place to take both sunglasses & an umbrella. It's a city break so I'm guessing, jeans, vest tops and a light jacket just in case. Apparently the highs have been mid 20s which isn't exactly shorts & t shirt weather. But always remember sunscreen! Or you will end up peeling like someone in California and who should know better. :lol:

I love going abroad :D.

Does anyone else have a map with coloured dots on it saying where they've been or where they want to go? Or am I really just that sad... :lol:

So far I've been to:
Italy.
France.
Spain.
Malta.
Germany.
Belgium.
Hong Kong.
New Zealand.
Australia.
Ireland.
Wales.
America - East, Central, and West.
Mexico.
Iceland.
Portugal.
Brazil.
Greece.
Croatia.
Czech Republic (Prague's weather is very like England's.)
Crete.
Sicily.
Corfu.
Tunisia.
Ghana.
Caribbean.
And, if it counts, England.

But I'd love to explore the Far-East. Japan sounds fun; anyone been?

Wow, I'm actually speechless!

And the red dots on the map are not sad. If I had been too that many places I'd probably had a map too! I actually think it's pretty cool.

I've been to Austria (Vienna and soon Salzburg because I'm moving near there! :thumbsup:), Italy (Rome, Tuscany), England (London), the Czech Republic (Prague), that's about it but I plan to go to Zurich next year and I want to see New York too.

Wow, I'm actually speechless!

And the red dots on the map are not sad. If I had been too that many places I'd probably had a map too! I actually think it's pretty cool.

I've been to Austria (Vienna and soon Salzburg because I'm moving near there! :thumbsup:), Italy (Rome, Tuscany), England (London), the Czech Republic (Prague), that's about it but I plan to go to Zurich next year and I want to see New York too.

It's mainly just because I studied Geography - we got to go quite a few places :).

Zurich sounds nice. I have a friend who went there last year and they loved it.

My list:

Germany - Berlin
Slovakia - Bratislava
Czech Republic - Prague and some smaller towns
Greece - I've been there and I'm going again this year
Hungary - Budapest
Bosnia and Herzegovina - Sarajevo
Croatia - Zagreb, Split, Zadar, Hvar, Biograd and few small towns
Macedonia - some small town... I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember the name
Montenegro - a lot of times while we were the same country, but only once since we separated...
Serbia - if we are counting the countries where we live.

Plans for near future:

England and Spain... I can never decide where to go first. The biggest problem we have with traveling is that we need a visa...

Kazalene said:

Where have you been? Isn't it wonderful there? I remember people telling me that it is dangerous for me to go there because I'm Serbian, but that's just plane stupid. I had a great time.

You should all come and visit Serbia if you like partying. Belgrade has some of the greatest night clubs in this part of Europe, so they say. I'm offering a free tour ;)

i love travelling and im lucky bc ive been to many places...still my dream is to go to Japan and to the US as well - maybe one day:)

my list:
Austria - the big cities: Vienna, Salzburg, Linz and some villages i liked it a lot
Germany - ive only been to Passau but ive travelled on the highway twice already...but i want to get to the cities too one time
Belgium - visited it twice, i love it, still want to go again, although ive almost been to every bigger and smaller cities
Luxemburg - the capital was nice
England and Scotland - big love...was one of my greatest vacations when i was there
Croatia - many places, it's beautiful
Greece - i liked it too, very unique place and as i love ancient history it was interesting for me :)

i also have a small map..but with the places ive visited, i hope it'll be very colorful in one day

I've just come back from visiting the Czech Republic so that is now on my list went to Prague and also visited a small village called Kurta Hora aswell to visit a tourist site... Tis an amazing city Prague soo picturesque

Hey cool! I've never seen this thread!

I've been to almost every major city in the US, (including NYC, my favorite!)
I've also been to Canada and Mexico.
I've been to several states, but I can't remember all of them.
Gosh, there must be more people on here in Europe than I thought!

I've just come back from visiting the Czech Republic so that is now on my list went to Prague and also visited a small village called Kurta Hora aswell to visit a tourist site... Tis an amazing city Prague soo picturesque

I loved Prague. It's a really beautiful city and the parks are so great, just lying there and relax ... I definitely want to go there again because the first time I was there all we did was ... well, nothing much. So the next time I'll be there I want to see all the sights!

You're right, Hollyyo, there are quite a lot Europeans here! :thumbsup:

I'd love to go to the US, I really want to see New York and maybe I'll go there in the christmas holidays?

My family loves to travel. :) I'll try to remember everywhere I've been. But I've been to many places when I was a baby so I don't remember. I live in Canada btw.

Italy
France
Spain
New Zealand
Australia
Ireland
America (Florida, California, Michigan, New York, Illinois, North & South Carolina, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Alaska.)
Mexico
Caribbean Islands
The UK

Back