Those Pesky Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 29, 2007.

1. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

From TV Guide:

CSI: NY (13.3 mil) gained 600,000 viewers week-to-week, while Dirty Sexy Money (8.86 mil) and Life (8.14 mil) lost 900K and 660K, respectively.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sweet! That's good news for NY. Unlike with last year's The Nine, none of the series competing with NY interest me in the least. I'm glad to see it's gaining.

3. althea

althea Lab Technician

That is good news I want to see NY improve I love the show so much ;)

4. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

10pm

CSI: NY (4.1/11 in 18-49, 13.43m) pounded the competitors with 13.43 million viewers.

So, yes we went up. We need more Flack centric episodes. ;) :p

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Making the hot men on this show naked (or semi-naked)=good ratings. Seriously! :lol:

6. althea

althea Lab Technician

I just read that CSI NY gained more viewers for last week's episode and your right Top41 a semi naked hottie :devil: Flack and boom better ratings :lol:

7. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Heh!
    And the promos were fairly Flack-centric, weren't they? Hopefully TPTB will put 2 and 2 together and keep up the Flack screentime.

8. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

While I am super excited that the viewer count went up from last week, I an surprised it went down from Criminal Minds. I wonder what they are going to from CM, because I think the pairing of CM/CSI:NY is perfect. Any thoughts?

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe some viewers might be trying out the Dirty Sexy Money or Life.

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

This rise of viewers for episode 4x03 ... it's because people watched 4x02 and thought it was good, right? So the rise isn't quite actually due to half nekkid Flack. :lol: Guess we'll know whether the viewer count rises again next week. ;)

11. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

Sorry -- Double post. Don't know how that happened.

12. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

If I have the ratings right, the total viewership for the 10 pm hour is down across the board. Some speculation is that DVRs are making it easier to time-shift watching those shows.

The most interesting part is that while CSI:NY is down in total viewership from Criminal Minds, it is up in the 18-whatever demographic. Which means that the "youngsters" who are watching Bionic Woman tune in for CSI:NY. It also jives with the idea that the "old folks" who have to get up in the AM are DVRing the shows instead of watching them live.

That's mostly supposition, but the numbers are down -- quite a bit down -- from last year. And not just for the individual shows, but for the time period as a whole.

The fact that CSI:NY is gaining an audience as time goes on just proves that it's the show that people can rely on to entertain them and that none of the new shows can compare and those who are willing to stay up and watch are chosing to watch our show. YMMV, of course.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If people who watched last week came back to watch this week, the numbers would be the same--unless they cloned themselves. So somebody else joined in. ;)

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i know when i had a pvr (like tivo), i almost never watched tv shows live or even the same day. Especially the 10pm shows, i always watched them the next day in the afternoon...

they need a better way to count the ratings

15. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

Absolutely.

And once I get a DVR, I know that I will end up watching a lot of shows that I miss now. Although there are a few shows (like CSI:NY) that I will watch as they air.