Those Pesky Ratings

Yikes, that's really bad. :( Those are the lowest numbers this season for a new ep, aren't they? CBS was stupid to pull this one from Dec. 19. I hope they promote the hell out of "All in the Family" because Danny drama episodes tend to do well in the ratings (Tanglewood, Trapped, RSRD). I also think it's stupid that CBS is airing NY every other week for the rest of the new eps. There's a mini-series next week, but why are they waiting until Feb. 6th to air 414? That strikes me as a stupid move. Ah well--let's hope "All in the Family" does well.

Wednesday 1/23/08

CBS’ just benched Power of 10 limped out of the starting gate, with just 3.88 million viewers (#4) and a 0.9/ 2 among adults 18-49 (#4) at 8 p.m. That led into the aforementioned Criminal Minds (Viewers: #2, 12.88 million; A18-49: #2, 3.2/ :cool:, followed by CSI: NY at 10 p.m. (Viewers: #1, 11.67 million; A18-49: #1, 3.3/ 9). Compared to one year earlier (Viewers: 13.35 million; A18-49: 3.8/10 on Jan. 24, 2007), CSI: NY declined by 1.68 million viewers and 13 percent in the demo. Criminal Minds, meanwhile, built from lead-in Power of 10 by a mammoth 9 million viewers and 256 percent among adults 18-49.

Not good for CSI: NY. :( This is the first time all season that Marc didn't label NY a "winner"; he gave it an honorable mention. It won its time period, but those ratings are down not only from last season but also the eps from the fall. I really think this one new ep, one week off, one new ep, one week off, etc. was a stupid plan on the part of CBS. Breaking them up like that is just dumb.

Back